Like Tree5717Likes

Thread: The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Full Member Verified Member

Amazing! Is it made of brass? Doesn't it add load to the arm connector in addition to the atty you will be using (specially rebuildables or UFS)? TIA!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Indianapolis, Indiana -----------5 YEARS VAPING!!!----------

It is brass, with brass connectors. Though i do need to find a short brass 510-510 connection, as you still need a little distance form the Darwin connector, just to screw it on.

It does a little load, but it doesnt stress the arm much if at all. It is way less than the side to side stress the arm gets when you try to put a Linev2 or v1 on it, where it causes the arm to bend outward.

Like isaid it is only a protoype, and still working out some of it. but the concept works, and it lets me use tanks etc.

An adapter will never be as solid as the original connector, especially on the Darwin, but until Brandon sells me a longer extension arm liek he showed inthat video, this is what im gonna go with. Way better than the Gooseneck or lleaving the arm open whiel its in your pocket. I dont fear accidntally pressing the button any more with tanks on, when i am on the go.

Im also looking for some caps for the ends of the cross brass piece.

I have a few other ideas, but this one was the only one i coudl make with my own lame tools

I need an easier way to solder though, my soldering iron is not cutting it. Anyone have suggestions?
    Last edited by thejager; 03-27-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Zen
    Caravela
    GG
    Billet Box

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I made something similar to this with L shaped pipe fittings. Couldn't get the solder to stick to it, so I wound up kind of making a mechanical connection and just gluing it at the time. Never used it though because it was too wide at the base. I think the easiest way is going to be press fitting the connectors in with a vice. Unless you're talking about the center posts on the connectors. If that's the case, I have no ideas lol. I know madvapes sells pre soldered connectors, but I've never tried them.
    Last edited by nitrojuga; 03-27-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    Setups : Opus-D, ZNA, Zen Altus, Kayfun Lite, Kraken, AC9, Genesis Line, Ikarus, Darwin, Chameleon, Provari, a lot of mechs/devices and atties from China.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

this all press fit , though i may add some epoxy on the inside of the holes in the future...we wll see...i odnt want it burnign or smelling though..ill have to test and research

soldering the connector wires is what i was talkign about
    Zen
    Caravela
    GG
    Billet Box

ECF Veteran

Yeah, those connectors can be hard to do sometimes. Seems to be much easier if I load the center posts up with Ruby Flux.
    Setups : Opus-D, ZNA, Zen Altus, Kayfun Lite, Kraken, AC9, Genesis Line, Ikarus, Darwin, Chameleon, Provari, a lot of mechs/devices and atties from China.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I was wondering if flux would work on this... mine solders are just solder on connectors in this version...Do you have a good source for it?
    Zen
    Caravela
    GG
    Billet Box

ECF Veteran

I got the flux at a local hardware store. Called ruby flux and its in a yellow container.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

thejager, this just seems like such a tankless job...
    thejager likes this.

Go for the Gold...

I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Katdarling View Post
    thejager, this just seems like such a tankless job...
    I disagree, I think people will be very tankfull...
    Katdarling likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran nanovapr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thejager View Post
    (Snip)

I need an easier way to solder though, my soldering iron is not cutting it. Anyone have suggestions?
    At first I thought you were talking about soldering to the brass. Later you clarified you were just soldering wires.

What type of soldering iron are you using? Even a cheap variable-wattage station is much better than a Rat-Shack pencil iron.

Sent from a handheld device.
    thejager likes this.

I feel so much better after vaping a while, and I didn't think I felt bad before.