The Darwin From Evolv!!! - Page 195
Page 195 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 951451851911921931941951961971981992052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 13683
Like Tree5864Likes

Thread: The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sewknitty View Post
    My fave - and I'll bore anybody who'll read it - is the 2.5 ohm Ikenvape 801 mini, closely followed by his 801 full size 3.5 ohm. Then comes the Cisco 4.5 ohm and his 2.0 ohm. 2.5 to 3.5 ohm seem to be Darwin sweet spots, imo.
    Yea, I've got IKV's 801 big boys in my cart already because believe it or not, they do pretty well on my 3.7v device. Will look at the ohm resistance of the 510 atties/cartos that I'm looking at getting and stick between 2.5-3.5 ohm range. Thanks SK for the advice. Real sorry to hear about your fiasco. Hope that there is a reset feature or something.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the good wishes, NCVLady. I'm not worried about the Darwin so much as I am perplexed by the atty thing. I mean, if it can happen once...you know?

And for an atty to wipe out my Darwin and my back-up means I'd have been stuck on the road. That's what's disturbing...me out in the world with nothing to vape even after all my careful planning. I wouldn't be bearable. I daresay law enforcement would be called at some point.

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran Drewsworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sewknitty View Post
    Okay, is it possible a bad atty can kill circuitry?

I was using a new 2.0 ohm 510 when my Big Daddy stopped working. Hmmm, I thought, 4800 mAh doesn't last as long as I thought. Popped it on my Darwin, vaped once, picked it up to vape again and the battery symbol showed depleted though I'd just disconnected it from the wall charger.

I put two freshly charged batteries in the Big Daddy. Still not working. I popped the batteries in my Pila to see if maybe they were defective. Nope, they're currently charging.

Okay, this is the part that has me barely holding onto my temper. When I fired up the Darwin after it'd been charging for an hour - and while it was still connected to the wall charger - the screen didn't light up. I tried again, the battery symbol showed with a line through it and now it only lights up now and again.

I am well and truly pissed. How do I find out if my Darwin is fried or if there's some sort of reset feature I'm unaware of. Oh, and don't even bother to bore me with mechanic, engineering or math talk. Just tell me: is there protection circuitry that should have saved the device from an effed up atty?

Edit to add: I'm pissed at the atty. Damn 510s are evil after all.
    Actually there is circuit protection. I would suggest charging it up , and leaving it sit with arm closed for several hours as they will usually reset themselves...If you have problem send Evolv an eamil and we will get back to you...
    https://www.evolvapor.com/contactus.sc
    Thanks
    Drew

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsworld View Post
    Actually there is circuit protection. I would suggest charging it up , and leaving it sit with arm closed for several hours as they will usually reset themselves...If you have problem send Evolv an eamil and we will get back to you...
    https://www.evolvapor.com/contactus.sc
    Thanks
    Drew
    Thanks, Drew. That's what I'm doing. Since I have the shortest attention span in the known world it means I flip out, back and around the corner when I have to wait for anything. Actually, now that I've had some tea, I'm only worried about the atty and I'm eying all my attys now with great suspicion and asking them individually, "Hey, lil fella. Can you be trusted?"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Brandon and Kathi, if you're here...thanks for putting up with me. And for never, ever letting on that you know I'm slightly unhinged.

Oh, SK...I hope everything works out! Please let us know the out come. I just read your posts, I've been using my map pretty much exclusively last couple weeks, but just got my VM today, so breaking out all the new attys I've bought recently and now finding myself scared as I'm looking at them! I only have one back up pv and I'm not finding it tolerable since having my Darwin. If both of them go, I'm down to a 3.7 ego-like pv..just won't do!

*Droid

Proudly vaping away on my DARWIN, PROVARI, GLV3, VMOD and EGO VV PT

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
    Oh, SK...I hope everything works out! Please let us know the out come. I just read your posts, I've been using my map pretty much exclusively last couple weeks, but just got my VM today, so breaking out all the new attys I've bought recently and now finding myself scared as I'm looking at them! I only have one back up pv and I'm not finding it tolerable since having my Darwin. If both of them go, I'm down to a 3.7 ego-like pv..just won't do!

*Droid
    Thanks, Kris. Evolv, as usual, is at the ready with a replacement. I'm the one telling them I can bring this one back to life (cuz of my magical skills and all).

And, woman, have you learned nothing from me? Full speed ahead is the only way to roll. Now go screw on those attys and try that VapeMate. I'm checking back in an hour for a full reporting, missy.

Silly woman, SK! I've been merrily vaping away on the VM for last couple hrs. Really liking it, and much easier than anticipated. Looks like something I would have laughed at months ago, but then again, so was the map

Knew evolv would be there for ya, hope you tossed the culprit atty away!

*Droid

Proudly vaping away on my DARWIN, PROVARI, GLV3, VMOD and EGO VV PT

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Awesome! Can you take a pic?? There is still no (findable) picture of a Darwin with a VapeMate!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Need I say more?!

Although I must say my F5 finger aches!