Page 63 of 1363 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667731131635631063 ... LastLast
Like Tree5717Likes

Thread: The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran cuseguy's Avatar

I wonder why some have the signature and some don't? I like mine with it, but it wouldn't really matter either way

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran cuseguy's Avatar

Does anybody get any kind of indication when you plug it in to charge? Mine does nothing to indicate it's charging. Is that normal?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by YePsTeR View Post
    I knew this thread was going to EXPOLDE today.....I think I want one too!!!!
    Yep, I 100% agree w/ya YePsTer! I've been watching this thread and another similar one, and man, oh, man, I am besides myself in envy! But, gotta take care of good ol' BIG BRO (IRS) first and then....maybe, just maybe, I can get in line! (Although I may have to convince dh that it's an important investment! Then again, we just got him a new iPhone 4! Hah! Got my defenses ready!)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by OC513 View Post
    Do the XL CE2's have as good a throat hit as an 808 cart? I have tried the 801,901 and 510 atty's (but not the cartos) and none of them have the throat hit I like. Marlboro Red smoker for 25 years.....808's are the only thing that comes close of the ones I have tried.
    I've only tried one and it is OK, not great. I am just now starting to really experiment with cartos. I am a dripper at heart and like to change flavors often. Personally, I do not care for having the coil so close to my mouth (clearomizers) but I found a way around that - to an extent - by adding an 801 whistle-tip (cut the clearo rubber mouthpiece at the narrow near the base, invert it into the clearo and the part that normally would go into the clearo is now sticking out - 801 whistle-tip fits right over that). It is not as stable/snug as regular 510/901 drip-tip but it works and gives the vapor a bit more room to expand and cool just enough to make it more pleasant - at least for me. I have the 3-3.2 ohms clearo(s)

TH is going to vary as the "personalities" of the different attys vary. To me, 801s (I favor the 302), 901s, and 510s are all very different vapes. To better appreciate these differences, I have to run them at the same watts. But, some don't do as well - for me - at the higher watts. Juices start tasting different too (as each atty model changes flavor and as they change at higher/lower heat levels too). I like the 302s (3.1 ohms) at 8.5 watts but can run the 3.2 ohms 808 cartos at 10. Then again, I am not a fan of "reckless" TH even tho I was a Newports smoker for over 30 years.
    http://www.AEMSA.org
    Darwin, Darwin, Wizard-Evolved, Mamu Stealth DNA20d, Vicious Ant Valkyrie, Darwin, Darwin, VaporShark DAN30 +...

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cypresss View Post
    Just for all the present and future Darwin-ians out there....

YouTube - The Darwin PV Review by Cypresss - Video Review (Darwin PV)
    Nice video review, cypresss.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cuseguy View Post
    Does anybody get any kind of indication when you plug it in to charge? Mine does nothing to indicate it's charging. Is that normal?
    Again, can't speak for the production ones but on mine the charge light dims just a bit when I plug it in and brightens just a bit when I unplug it. In direct light, it can be difficult to see unless you look more closely.
    http://www.AEMSA.org
    Darwin, Darwin, Wizard-Evolved, Mamu Stealth DNA20d, Vicious Ant Valkyrie, Darwin, Darwin, VaporShark DAN30 +...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

No buGG, still has the squiggly Darwin signature, at least mine does. It's in a darker gold color, so it isn't too obtrusive.
    I has mine, it is the awesome, but there is no squiggly Darwin signature on the front, just the atomic thingie and the Evolv on the back.

I'm sitting amid a pile of previously indistinguishable atomizers putting them in little baggies by Ohms.

Jen

GGTS/UFS, Helix, ProVari, Darwin, Zen Mini, Zen Standard, Sidewinder

Senior Member ECF Veteran OC513's Avatar

Yes from what I have read that is completely normal.....mine gives no indication either. Minor gripe but not that big a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by NebulaBrot View Post
    I've only tried one and it is OK, not great. I am just now starting to really experiment with cartos. I am a dripper at heart and like to change flavors often. Personally, I do not care for having the coil so close to my mouth (clearomizers) but I found a way around that - to an extent - by adding an 801 whistle-tip (cut the clearo rubber mouthpiece at the narrow near the base, invert it into the clearo and the part that normally would go into the clearo is now sticking out - 801 whistle-tip fits right over that). It is not as stable/snug as regular 510/901 drip-tip but it works and gives the vapor a bit more room to expand and cool just enough to make it more pleasant - at least for me. I have the 3-3.2 ohms clearo(s)

TH is going to vary as the "personalities" of the different attys vary. To me, 801s (I favor the 302), 901s, and 510s are all very different vapes. To better appreciate these differences, I have to run them at the same watts. But, some don't do as well - for me - at the higher watts. Juices start tasting different too (as each atty model changes flavor and as they change at higher/lower heat levels too). I like the 302s (3.1 ohms) at 8.5 watts but can run the 3.2 ohms 808 cartos at 10. Then again, I am not a fan of "reckless" TH even tho I was a Newports smoker for over 30 years.
    Thanks for the info. I am using my 808's at 10 watts and find flavor & throat hit just perfect. Just need an 808 that holds more juice.

No indicator on mine either. Perhaps a future enhancement.

Anyone else getting restricted air-flow when using Darwin with 510-510 adapter? I like the fact that using an adapter solves the cross-threading issue for the brass-connector, but I can barely suck on it now. Maybe I need a better adapter?