The Darwin From Evolv!!! - Page 999
Page 999 of 1366 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899959969979989991000100110021003100910491099 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 9,990 of 13656
Like Tree5810Likes

Thread: The Darwin From Evolv!!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy1 View Post
    lol, huff, my girlfriend has started giving me crap about the sheer number of packages I've been getting. between buying new stuff (good sales, new flavorings, etc), buying used stuff and trades i've got a steady stream large enough to keep my local post office in business all by myself
    Same here i always have something coming in the mail.. But for the last three days ive looked in the mail with no packages and felt kinda sad. LOL
    Credo and Panky like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Landlord View Post
    Same here i always have something coming in the mail.. But for the last three days ive looked in the mail with no packages and felt kinda sad. LOL
    Yea, I thought that one of my packages was coming today but it was a no go It will definately be here tomorrow though
    Credo and Huffelpuff like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran nanovapr's Avatar

Default Confession: I almost invalidated my Darwin warranty. But I did not.

Encouraged by Nate's true confessions, I felt it time to come forward, and bare my soul. To you, Darwination.

My second week with it, the arm was getting a little loose. I had spent months researching, and chose Darwin as a worthy successor to my Ego-ish starter device. I have been smelling solder for 40 years, and spend decades with tools. And stuff.

I gathered my oscilloscope, some tools, my soldering station, and my lucky rabbit's foot all around me. I recited the resistor color band code (in reverse, because I'm good like that). I put on soothing Brian Eno muzak, lit some incense, and thought about what it must look like. Inside my Darwin. Was there perhaps cool stuff etched on a board? I love Chip Art!

I had often wondered what made Darwin tick. I had even previously set up Wireshark packet sniffer on a Linux box, to sniff packets on the USB wire. I was entranced at the possibility of communication with Darwin, or just see if it had any little beacons going on. Any inside jokes in the stream. "HELLO, Hello, hello, is there anybody in there." Maybe I could try sending it a Hello World.

I steeled myself, picked up my Tiny Torque Wrench. Yes, one of the screws was a little bit looser than the others. I re-torqued them all to XXXXXXX inch-pounds, and it worked! (See Note***)
    Darwin could wave at me now, and not limply drop his arm any more.

Thank you Nate, for giving me the courage to share my story. I came so close, but I did not invalidate my warranty.

(Note***) This information censored, so as to not tempt Darwin owners to invalidate their warranty.
    Katdarling, Credo, Panky and 3 others like this.

I feel so much better after vaping a while, and I didn't think I felt bad before.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i know exactly how you guys all feel, my gf thinks i have an addiction (i think im in the denial phase cuz i say i dont) but yea, i havnt sold many mods, i hadnt used my darwin for awhile then considered selling it, then vaped it and said HELL NO! lol, what crazy thoguht was that? i basically just use the excuse whatever i sell and get on PP is free money to use on mods!

Quit Smoking: August 1st, 2011

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

lol love the story nano! ive also wanted to open it up just to take a look, but i dont know crap about chips and stuff like that, i could test out an air conditioner and tell you the circuit board is bad (usually the burn up and you can see it) or tel you how a 50uf capacitor is running, but little things like this are beyond my relm!

Super Member ECF Veteran nanovapr's Avatar

ime5000: my favorite tools are vicegrips and a hammer. But I have other tools, if need be. You know what they say, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail!
    Panky likes this.

I feel so much better after vaping a while, and I didn't think I felt bad before.

ECF Veteran

Oh my, we are on page 999. At least for me

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

how true is that! i cant tell you how many times ive just wanted to bash things with my hammer in the trade, i didnt do installs so i didnt get to use the hammer too often lol
    Panky likes this.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by nanovapr View Post
    ime5000: my favorite tools are vicegrips and a hammer. But I have other tools, if need be. You know what they say, if the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail!
    We have a saying at work: "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical"
    One of my co-workers really loves his big-..... hammer
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ok im sorry but i have to do this...