ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    Time for me to go to sleep for a bit.

G'night / G'morning!!!!
    G'night Lex. Sweet dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf24 View Post
    Good morning everyone.
    Here in SW Florida today is the end of Christmas vacation. My beautiful 10 and 11 year old daughters will be going back to school. I will be doing the
    Happy Dance, oh yeah.
    I love them with all of my heart but Denise and I need a vacation from their vacation.

I received my IGO-W yesterday, made my first coil, christened it with my first time trying Doodle.
    Stupid phone posted before I was finished.

Here's how it turned out.
    My micro coil was 12 wraps, came out to 1.6 ohms. Turned out pretty nice. I made the legs pretty short, couldn't find the length was discussed on here. Is longer better? Can't believe I just asked that.

I found the draw to be way too tight so I ended up drilling out one of the air holes. Smallest drill bit I had was
    1/16. That seems to be a bit too airy. What seems to be the sweet spot for you?

Doodle is awesome. Dripping is awesome. 18mg nic probably not so much. Throat feels like I am using yummy analogs.

One thing I am going to have to deal with is my eyesight. My eyes are bad and doing this by braille is very difficult. I really need to get some kind of mounted, lighted, magnifying glass.

There you go. I tried to follow all the wonderful advice and it turned out to be mostly successful. And I got to discuss length, hole size, and dripping, all in the same post.

Thanks, everyone, for all the help.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 2pak2zero View Post
    You got that right. She's a riot.

Sent from my wife's iPad using my stibby fungers!
    She have a sister by chance????

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Bappe View Post
    It makes perfect sense. The warmth helps thin the liquid. VG makes it really thick and after I mix one up it takes a decent amount of shaking to halfway get all the ingredients mixed. Even at 70/30 you can see where the VG is being difficult to get blended with the rest. And that's just what you're visually seeing. Warming it up even just a little thins it a lot and would help the shaking evenly blend everything together a lot more.

Too hot though would be bad. I'm paranoid and like the natural long way for now. Or my underwear steeping method. That's all natural. The microwave method seems like a huge no-no to me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
    Thank you for your knowledge in this area. After you told me how long I needed to run it, me & the ultrasonic became really close friends!
    I do use the heater on just long enough to get the water warm.
    I don't mind the 8 min cycles- anything longer would run up into more money. 90% of the ones I've seen on Amazon/eBay are the 3 min cycles with no heater. The pricier ones were up in the i.e tattoo/dental equipment cleaning range. After I got mine I stopped looking but I did dwell for quite a while on which one to get.
    Shane, thanks for explaining why that works the way it does.

I stopped using too much heat very early on after I discovered it ruined a couple of my more delicate AiV samples. AiV seems to be particularly heat sensitive, maybe more so than a lot of juice, due to its all natural ingredients. So I've stuck with warm to only a little bit hot water from that point on. (I say "a little bit hot" to mean warmer than warm, around shower temp, what's that, about 80 degrees or so?) That way it's enough to make sure the heat permeates the bottle to thin the liquid inside, but not necessarily heat it up. Like Lex said, use the heater just enough to heat up the water and the then just let the vibration do the rest. The vibration will also keep the water warm enough for the rest of the cycle.

Hey Shane, hopefully you'll see this, but did you say you were interested in some GLV El Kamino? Was gonna send it off to DI as thanks for the jig but I've got some other surprises to send him and I think he's got this one already anyway (and likes it) so he won't miss it since he didn't even know I was gonna send it his way. LMK it's about 7ml at 6mg.
    If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. `..ღ.. ―Maya Angelou

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My micro coil was 12 wraps, came out to 1.6 ohms. Turned out pretty nice. I made the legs pretty short, couldn't find the length was discussed on here. Is longer better? Can't believe I just asked that.

I found the draw to be way too tight so I ended up drilling out one of the air holes. Smallest drill bit I had was

Doodle is awesome. Dripping is awesome. 18mg nic probably not so much. Throat feels like I am using yummy analogs.

One thing I am going to have to deal with is my eyesight. My eyes are bad and doing this by braille is very difficult. I really need to get some kind of mounted, lighted, magnifying glass.

There you go. I tried to follow all the wonderful advice and it turned out to be mostly successful. And I got to discuss length, hole size, and dripping, all in the same post.

Congrats on the coil!! Enjoy the vape!!

We discussed leg length a couple times in the last few days. Basically longer legs will bring you closer to the air hole and give you a smoother vape with less throat hit and a bit more flavor too.

I drilled my IGO-L out to 3/64", which wasn't all that much larger than the standard hole and I like it just fine right there. I don't like a too airy draw though. I keep my coil close to the air hole and have a wide mouth drip tip so I get plenty of air in there already. I'm sure I wouldn't like it any bigger than it is now on this particular topper though.
    If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be. `..ღ.. ―Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Mattnatti View Post
    Just saw this on bookface. Custard, vanilla and dragon fruit sounds very interesting.
    I only know where it's at fresh - anxious to see what this develops into! It vapes like a champ fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanchai View Post
    Built my first microcoil with cotton today... success on the first try. (I credit numerous tutorial videos and a little luck.) Managed to accidentally crunch it into oblivion while I was torching it the second time - grip slipped on the needlenose pliers - but I got it back on the screwdriver I was using and bent it back into shape. It's not nearly as nice looking as it was when I first did it, but I'll leave "pretty" as a goal for when my coils aren't just sitting in the bottom of a protank. Vapes great, resistence came out exactly where I wanted it, amount of cotton correct, heats from the inside out, all that stuff.

Of course, I wouldn't be me without having at least one moment of missing the obvious to go with my moments of clumsy, but that came much later... After switching tanks several times throughout the day, came back to the tank with the cotton microcoil and all of a sudden it wouldn't fire. Too snug? Nope. Too loose? Nope. Maybe it's not threaded quite correctly... nope, it's fine. Do my other tanks work? Yep. *Surely* I didn't randomly short it out in about 8 hours, been working fine and it's sitting in the bottom of the tank, so what the heck?

After 15 minutes of faffing around with it, I gave up, pulled out a spare head and recoiled it with a standard silica build. Just before actually swapping them out, it occurred to me that I hadn't actually checked whether the original coil head might have partially unscrewed itself from the base throughout the course of the day thanks to all my tank swapping.

.... yeah, that was it. Oh well... a) my microcoil is still fine and b) I've got a nice clean already-wrapped spare head ready to go in the event I need one.

Reeeeeally tempted to go for a Chi-Krack. Reeeeeally tempted.

Have already discovered that an RBA without a tank is not practical for my vaping needs... I don't have the coordination to keep squeezing the bottles to keep topping up the wick over a long period of time (I can and do test flavors that way, but for sitting back and enjoying the vape, I need a tank on that RBA!) And as much as I like bottom coil tanks, I'm not really interested in a bottom coil RBA because one of the big advantages to dripping for me is easy access to the coil in case I need to adjust/dryburn/try something different/whatever. So it's looking like a genesis is the way to go for now, and I *really* like the looks of the Kraken... it's sharp.
    Very nice. Happy it turned out well. I had a similar issue when I put the coil in and used my mvp2 to check the resistance it showed open. So I checked the screws and the coil, all still tight. Turns out I had to pry up the pin on the mvp.

I have been very interested in the kraken clone too. My wife is very skeptical about the work involved in dripping and I think she is going to demand something with a tank. How much of a drop-off is a tank atomizer from a dripper?

It's fun building it and making it work, isn't it. Glad it worked out.

Good morning everyone.
    Here in SW Florida today is the end of Christmas vacation. My beautiful 10 and 11 year old daughters will be going back to school. I will be doing the
    Happy Dance, oh yeah.
    I love them with all of my heart but Denise and I need a vacation from their vacation.

I received my IGO-W yesterday, made my first coil, christened it with my first time trying Doodle.
    Love the W! What you put in it? Dual Micro?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Bappe View Post
    When I feel ready to give the genesis style another shot, that's the one I'm going after as well.
    Gennies have fallen out of favor around here - trying to use more Kayfun Style devices to get used to them. That Russian 91 clone from Ebay isn't half bad.

This is positive movement - agree on the lighted magnifying piece - some of this is like threading needles! My eyesight isn't good either, save with glasses, and even then it's a challenge sometimes... HAHA - clumsy ....... I am.
    Patkid, NicoleNXD, keithu2 and 9 others like this.