Rebuildable Supplies
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: Rebuildable Supplies

Full Member Verified Member Hebram's Avatar

Default Rebuildable Supplies

I am hoping the family can help me out. I am about to venture in to rebuildables. I have decided to purchase an Igo-W for my Vamo V5. I am going cheap on the RDA, since I want to replace my Vamo with a REO. I really like the idea of dripping without the fuss and REO seems the way to go. The money I save on the Igo will be applied to the REO and RM2. The Igo will get me dripping and my teeth cut on rebuilding until I can afford the REO.

The last thing I want to do I get all my supplies in, goto the workbench, and realize I a missing something. Below is what I know I need at this point. Could you assist in filling in the missing pieces? Suggestions for brand and suppliers are also very welcome. A lot of you are pros and already knows what works well.

Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?)
    Organic cotton
    Hand torch
    Tweezers
    Cutters
    5/64 screwdriver for wrapping (other size suggestions?)
    Volt-Ohm meter

I also remember seeing a liquid you apply to the coil contacts. I cannot remember what the stuff is called.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Don of the GCD "Family" Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hebram View Post
    I am hoping the family can help me out. I am about to venture in to rebuildables. I have decided to purchase an Igo-W for my Vamo V5. I am going cheap on the RDA, since I want to replace my Vamo with a REO. I really like the idea of dripping without the fuss and REO seems the way to go. The money I save on the Igo will be applied to the REO and RM2. The Igo will get me dripping and my teeth cut on rebuilding until I can afford the REO.

The last thing I want to do I get all my supplies in, goto the workbench, and realize I a missing something. Below is what I know I need at this point. Could you assist in filling in the missing pieces? Suggestions for brand and suppliers are also very welcome. A lot of you are pros and already knows what works well.

Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?) 29 is my favorite. 30 is good but is a bit too fragile for a long lasting coil. Temco is my kanthal supplier, their prices are fair and they ship fast
    Organic cotton
    Hand torch
    Tweezers
    Cutters Go to walmart and buy a cheap set of nail clipper that has the straight across toe nail pair. A set is like $1.98 and it works really well to clip the legs of the coil close to the post
    Volt-Ohm meter

I also remember seeing a liquid you apply to the coil contacts. I cannot remember what the stuff is called.

Not sure on the oil you mean but I'm sure others would know. Also buy an eyeglass repair kit for the phillips screw driver if you don't already have one small enough. And congrats on breaking into a new experience in vaping!!

Benjamin Franklin: “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Also, while you are at walmart buy a two piece set of tweezers (again $1.98) as one is smaller tip profile and makes getting wicks positioned or removed very nice.

Benjamin Franklin: “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

I have reading glasses that I never use. I will probably be using them once I start wrapping. A repair kit seems like a great investment and will serve a dual purpose.

Thank you for the suggestions, Megan.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You are very welcome and happy coiling!!

Dark Lord of the Vape Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

One thing I bought which has helped me since I'm old and my eyesight sucks is a magnifying glass on a stand. I forget what they call it buy it's used by people soldering circuits on boards. I got mine at Radio shack for $18.00 I think.

Great suggestions, Darth.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Kanathal A1 wire (gauge suggestions?) I use 28 the most on my RBAs. got 250ft from kidneypuncher.com for around 20$
    Organic cotton Maxim Hygiene Products Organic Cotton Balls -- 100 Cotton Balls from Amazon aroudn 7$
    Hand torch Blazer GB4001 Stingray Butane Torch, Black, I got that from amazon as well but I wouldnt suggest it. It's a bit more firepower then whats really needed for torching just coils
    Tweezers I just suggest ya get some with flat ends if you intend to do micro coils
    Cutters
    Volt-Ohm meter

Kent Brooks, DaBucs and pwheeler like this.

Thank you, emegaz. 250 ft!! That leads me to another question. How often can I expect to be discarding a coil? With my Nautilus coils, I get a few days to a week, depending on the juice and my wattage.
    Kent Brooks, DaBucs and pwheeler like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've gone 4months on the same coil. When I first started I was rebuilding on a vivi nova with 32 ans silica. I still have a bunch of the 32 left after 1+year. I wouldn't get 250ft at first get a variety of a few different gauges to find one ya really like then buy 250ft lol But for protank heads Id say 30 would be about the best for 1-1.5ohm on rda 28 is about best. Not to say ya cant use 28 on protank heads etc but ya gotta do more wraps. Also get a ohms law app for ya smartphone or use this site http://www.the12volt.com/ohm/ohmslawcalculators.asp

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast