So my mom thinks my e cig...
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree1013Likes

Thread: So my mom thinks my e cig...

Super Member Verified Member roxynoodle's Avatar

Default So my mom thinks my e cig...

...looks like a (OTHER STUFF) pipe! Especially the mvp with the mega aerotank. She was very embarrassed that I was using it outside a restaurant yesterday while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

She wants me to get a cigalike. I said no way!

I think I should get a mech mod that looks like a pipe bomb just to really freak her out!
    Last edited by classwife; 08-14-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: edited drug reference
    Pictor, RIMP, GolemGolem and 18 others like this.

Full Member Verified Member gousooners18's Avatar

Thats funny, my mom saw me using a twist with a little tank on it and asked to try it. She said she wanted to get one and she hasn't smoked in quite a while. She thinks they are neat and took a few pulls off my dna30 w/ rda the other day. Maybe your mother will get used to it as they gain more traction nationally.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by roxynoodle View Post
    ...looks like a (OTHER STUFF) pipe! Especially the mvp with the mega aerotank. She was very embarrassed that I was using it outside a restaurant yesterday while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive.

I think I should get a mech mod that looks like a pipe bomb just to really freak her out!
    Get one of these and see what she says.

Cool Fire II
    Last edited by classwife; 08-14-2014 at 06:55 PM. Reason: edited drug reference
    Yes (insert elected offical's name) I VAPE and I VOTE. Remember that in November.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Went to Puerto Vallarta this year and a guy had an ego......we were passing each other and he said to me "did Nasa make that thing"....Zmax ( didn't take any expensive vape gear to MX just in case it got confiscated ). Wonder what he would of thought if I had my ZNA there, LOL

Super Member Verified Member built4feel's Avatar

This thread may be against forum rules....

10. a. "Discussion or mention of illegal/illicit drugs or sexual content."

Just saying...
    I do get that comment a lot though. Not from my mom, but a lot of uninformed people. I try to educate them a little, letting them know "cigalikes" are pretty much like matchbox cars nowadays...

My dad gave me the same exact line! Ha just old fashioned people stuck in their ways. I'm pushing to get him to just try them out to get him off the stinky sticks, but that seems like an uphill battle that I won't win
    Last edited by classwife; 08-14-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: edited drug reference
    RIMP, Kent Brooks, keithu2 and 6 others like this.

Super Member Verified Member roxynoodle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RaceGun59 View Post
    Get one of these and see what she says.

Cool Fire II
    I mentioned that one to keep smilin' this morning.

Oops, I didn't mean to break any forum rules. I am wondering though if this happens to other people? Have any of you been pulled over by the police?

Not pulled over because of vaping. But was pulled over at a spot check over Christmas and got grilled about it when they noticed it.

Admin
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

<ahem>

I edited since the SA didn't

Careful please

/me Waves Hello !!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I mentioned that one to keep smilin' this morning.

Oops, I didn't mean to break any forum rules. I am wondering though if this happens to other people? Have any of you been pulled over by the police?
    A pal from here (ECF) who lives in CO was vaping with his windows closed so his car looked completely smoked out. He was pulled over and when he rolled down his window he said it was like a scene from a Cheech and Chong movie.

The cop said, "You know, you are not allowed to smoke that and drive..." My pal had a huge tube mod with a Castle atty he held up to the cop and explained all about vaping. The cop then kept him there for a long while getting as much info as he could, even trying the vape and left without giving a ticket as he was a smoker desperate to quit.

And people who have never seen me vape or my gear all go, "What is that...???" and I explain about vaping and they all breath a sigh of relief as they assume it's for the other stuff as CO just made that legal...

Benjamin Franklin: “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety”

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast