I'm a Big Pharma Spy. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I'm a Big Pharma Spy.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for the comments everyone. I expect to be vaping soon once the study is over as well.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ror, exactly what you said is what makes ecigs that much more effective than the NRT's. Nothing satisfies like the e-cig, and the Nicotrol inhaler is a joke compared to an e-cig. What's interesting is why your client hasn't thought of vaping before. Don't they spend millions on research? To make something not even like smoking at all?-patches (nightmares), the gum (nasty, burning, peppery), Chantix/Wellbutrin (pyschoactive drugs never good), Snus, uhm, cancer. They gave it a shot with Nicotrol but still missed the mark.
    E-cigs..... how bout them apples Marlboro?

Super Member ECF Veteran

It is a very interesting question and perhaps something to explore if and when we get the biz. you'd think big pharma would be all over this.

According to my doctor, the nasal spray gets the nicotine into your system quicker than anyother NRT method on the market. I tried the nasal spray (in fact I have a complete starter supply unopened) and it was the best IMO as far as relieving the nicotine urge. Just like all inhaled or chewed NRT's, it does have a buring sensation at first but your body adjusts with use and it's not as bad as the first few times you use it.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Aren't the success rates of quitting with Big Pharma NRT horrendously low? I would stick with e-smoking or snus, or ANY NRT from OUTSIDE of Big Pharma, were it me.
    Tinky likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by WerkIt View Post
    Aren't the success rates of quitting with Big Pharma NRT horrendously low? I would stick with e-smoking or snus, or ANY NRT from OUTSIDE of Big Pharma, were it me.
    Well it depends on how you [they] phrase it - I believe it's something like double the chances compared with cold turkey but double a very low number is still a very low number. IIRC, it's about 5% cold turkey and 10% with NRT (based on considering it a success after one year).

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Pharma spy drew me right in and I had to look!!! Lol!!!

Funny you are going of Vaping and trying nrt...I'm going off nrt and starting to vape!

I've used nrt for the last 7 going on 8 years. I turned to vaping to cut back on nrt. I was up to 24-34 mg nico per day and starting to get unpleasant symptoms...most troublesome was heart palps at night. Also expense is a HUGE HUGE issue. I'm satisfied w a 18mg caro per day and this is much much cheaper in the long run than nrt off the pharmacy shelf.

Occ I would afford myself the luxury of buying name brand but since I went through so muc I usually just bought store brand. Target store brand was my favorite.

Gum: I like the original kind...the harder gum. The more recent formulas more like chewing gum SUCK. PERIOD. I'm not much for fruity favors or cinnamon...mint is ok as long as it is the original type gum.

Lozenges: my nrt of choice. Mint only. No minnies!!! No cinnamon.

Patches: very effective. Some prob w localized itching but minor inconvience. I wore mine on my deltiods and I noticed it would make my shoulder joints ache...I tried wearing it on my leg too...made my hip ache. No likey. So I didn't use patches often...only in a bind.

I still use small amts of gum at work. I don't vape at work. Gum is more discreet.

Enjoy your guinea pig ness!!!

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Recommended use for nrts "two weeks". That needs serious revision!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Anybody else get REALLY vivid dreams with the patch? Crazzzzzzy. hehe
    Yes, and it wasn't hehe either. I would literally wake up confused not knowing if it was a dream or reality. I could not wear the patch at night, no way. Don't even ask me about chantix, i didn't last a week on it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

An interesting study would be to put on a patch and switch to zero nic juice. I think that would provide a constant serum level of nicotine and allow you the chance to go into an extinction procedure for the habituation of the hand to mouth behavior. Then you would effectively have quit once you reduce the patch to no patch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast