Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I'm a Big Pharma Spy.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default I'm a Big Pharma Spy.

Hi ECF Friends!

I'm not really a spy. I work in advertising and I'm now pitching for some NRT products for a big pharma company.

I'm thinking about giving up e-smoking for the next two weeks and give NRT a shot (it's part of a research project where I get to be a guinea pig).

I am glad our forum has an NRT area. Of course I will be checking the various topics in this area but does anybody have a preference for brand or modality of NRT?

I know I prefer e-smoking (yup i know it's not an NRT?) but why do we prefer e-smoking?

I think for me it's really about the inhale/exhale, using my hands, mimicking smoking that conventional NRT really just can't do.

Thoughts?
    Tinky likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It might be interesting to compare the puffer... if you have a choice. I never tried it because I could not get pass the fact that it looks like a tampon. But it would make for a good comparison as it is the closest thing to an ecig.

I have tried everything else offered and they all were horrible horrible experiences.

Ultra Member

I couldn't last even a day without climbing the walls on patches or gum......so I can't tell you anything .....vaping is the only NRT that works for me.

Ultra Member

The only time I was remotely successful at quitting before e-cigs, (For 3 days) was with the Nicotrol inhaler. It tastes really nasty, but it somewhat satisfied the hand-to-mouth thing.

I was a 3ppd smoker for nearly 40 years. Thanks to e-cigs I have been smoke free this year! YAY!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'll look into the puffer. I have tried the patch and gum before.

Anybody else get REALLY vivid dreams with the patch? Crazzzzzzy. hehe

Wish I could pitch the E-cig to my client! haha.

mrl

The first time I gave up smoking I found NRT to be tremendously helpful. The patches were all I needed. And I had given up for over a year, but because of stress in my life foolishly took up smoking again. The second time around I have found it very difficult. Even with patches and gum I would smoke, I was really overdoing it with nicotine and something had to give. It was the nrt that went. Since trying ecigs I have occasionally smoked, but this time I have been discusted by the analog ciggies and have prefered the ecigs. There is a difference between ecigs and analogs, the analogs have supporting chermicals which make them more addictive. Try NRT, it can work, but failing that ecigs are by far better than analogs.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I'll look into the puffer. I have tried the patch and gum before.

Anybody else get REALLY vivid dreams with the patch? Crazzzzzzy. hehe

Wish I could pitch the E-cig to my client! haha.
    I've heard people complain of that. The patch has 100mg of nic it in we figured out. Knowing how much 36mg messes with me, you could never get me to use one of those.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Of course I will be checking the various topics in this area but does anybody have a preference for brand or modality of NRT?
    Hmm, none of them!

Gum - didn't read the instructions and popped one in and chewed it like gum. Bad idea. I thought I was going to puke in the middle of the street (OD).

Patches - I seem to absorb the nicotine too quickly and nearly collapsed with an OD [again] the last time I tried one. Probably shouldn't have been exerting myself/sweating moving furniture in retrospect.

Microtab - "burned" the underneath of my tongue - very uncomfortable, tasted terrible too and gave me heartburn.

Inhaler - very disappointing - I was expecting something like a cigarette but it was more like a straw that supplied an itchy throat.

Nasal spray - haven't tried it but would use snuff instead (see below)

Drugs, e.g., Chantix, Zyban - haven't tried any [and no plans to either]

Snuff - one of the better substitutes but clearly not an official NRT. A bit messy but otherwise better than all of the above. I got a bullet recently and this makes taking snuff much cleaner. If e-cigs are banned, this is what I will take to avoid going back to analogs.
    Last edited by Kitabz; 04-10-2009 at 11:22 PM. Reason: dodgy grammar

E-Smokes vs Nicotrol Puffer

Why the ....... would you patronize us with these??? As fas as quitting tobacco goes, do whatever works for you...but if I see anyone sucking on a tampon I'm just going to have to laugh my a** off at them!

But, if I do see someone using them inside at work, I'm going to start using my E-Smoke inside at work as well.
    aubergine likes this.

Moved On

I think for me it's really about the inhale/exhale, using my hands, mimicking smoking that conventional NRT really just can't do. Thoughts?
    I think you are pretty much on track with your comments. We likely are all affected to some degree by the chemical, psychological and phycial aspects of analogs. Good luck with your experience. Judging by the dreadful success rates of NRT therapies, even using multiple modes at once, I expect you will be happily vaping very soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast