Chantix - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Chantix

Super Member ECF Veteran

Oh c'mon. You don't seriously expect us to believe Big Pharma would actually put a product on the market that has horrific side effects, do you? Surely Big Pharma wouldn't do such a thing and has never done such a thing before.

Full Member ECF Veteran

and on the chantix front, here's a little news tidbit for you all.
    GBI: Alcohol, Anti-Smoking Drug Helped Cause Walker's Suicide | 13WMAZ.com | Macon, GA

Pretty interesting stuff.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Daifne View Post
    My doctor has twice now tried to get me to take Chantix. Both times I have told him, since I had become suicidal on Wellbutran/Zyban, that I didn't think it was a very good idea for me. He continues to insist that they are not the same and that Chantix does not have that side effect. I think I may change doctors...

The suicidal thoughts from Zyban were really weird. It was like I was another person watching myself contemplate suicide. I could not control or even influence my other self. Absolutely terrifying.
    I think your idea of changing doctors is absolutely essential.
    "Deja Moo : The feeling you’ve heard this bull before !"

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This looks like an old, inactive thread but I'll add my 2 cents.

I took Chantix the first time and I think it helped me quit for about 6 months. I was really pumped to quit though. I think I would have without the pills anyway. I did get the bad dreams and a little bit of indigestion. I did start feeling really weird though. I've never had depression, but my ex-wife did. I could never understand where she was coming from, but I was beginning to understand.

I quit the Chantix after a couple of months but kept non smoking for a longer period. Anyway, I started again. After a few months I decided to quit again. I still had the Chantix prescription so bought some more. This time it didn't do anything in the week I took it other than the weird feeling coming back. I quit taking it immediately. I figured it was better to smoke than ruin my life with the pills.

I procrastinated quitting for awhile longer. I went to my local pharmacy and asked if Nicotrol (little plastic cigarette holder looking things that you insert a nicotine cartridge into) was available and if it was over-the-counter or prescription. My mom had given me some of these after she had quit due to health reasons. I think they also helped me in my first quasi-attempt in quitting.

The pharmacist said they were in-fact prescription and they cost over $100 per month. They quit stocking them because they were that expensive. I was a little miffed that they also required a doc prescription. The pharmacist suggested I check out the e-cig world as she had known some people who'd had success with them.

The rest is good! It's only been 5 weeks smoke-free, but I don't even want to smoke now. I haven't got off my nicotine addiction, but the smoke, tar, burned stinking clothing and vehicle, smelly breath, etc., etc. is toast.

It will be an absolute travesty if e-cigs are banned or regulated. One thing I do know is I'll never take or recommend Chantix to anyone I know. The stuff is wicked, just wicked.
    Last edited by garyinco; 07-25-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: typos

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'll add the nico gum didn't help me at all.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I did Chantix.

It led to clinical depression and no sleep.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678