I CAN'T BELIEVE my doctor! - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I CAN'T BELIEVE my doctor!

I know my insurance has a smoking cessation program that cover up to 500 dollars of products. ecis not included. You may want to check with your insurance before jumping to conclusions. Doctors are not always aware what your insurance covers. Check, if they do. You may not even need a script. Just my two cents.

Inactive Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by Scottbee View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that you are upset with your doctor. After all.. s/he doesn't decide what your insurance will cover.

Found this post pretty funny considering your avitar!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Why would anybody rely on Big Pharma products to quit smoking, especially given the extremely low success rates after 12 months? I wouldn't use ANY Big Pharma smoking cessation product, whether insurance paid for it or even if it was given to me for free.

Don't you know if Big Pharma's smoking cessation products worked, there wouldn't be one smoker leff in this country?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I agree with the others who said to call the county health dept. There is usually 1 study or the next clinical trial going on that you could be a candidate for. I was contacted and asked if I'd like to participate in one years ago, but I said no because at that time cigarettes were still cheap enough that I didn't want to quit. Last year I started up on my PV, and the rest is history.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Unfortunately, most insurances won't cover nicotine substitutes. Best advice -- Hold on to your e-cig dearly.

Try 1-800-QuitNow telephone number - do a Google search. When I type it in I get help info for my state. I haven't called the number but you used to be able to get free patches. They have worked for me in the past (I bought them OTC at WalMart - their brand which I think is Equate) but I always went back to smoking eventually. The Ecigs I quit about 3 days after I got it and I feel pretty confident I'll never go back to smoking Tcigs.

Chris

your doctore only told you that your insurance won't cover it... she didn't say NOT to quit. maybe you should have done some homework first...
    you can still quit. it's not your doctor's fault (or your insurance's) that you paid for smokes as long as you did, but didn't spend that on a quitting aide.

quit blaming others for your problem.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by erischilde View Post
    your doctore only told you that your insurance won't cover it... she didn't say NOT to quit. maybe you should have done some homework first...
    you can still quit. it's not your doctor's fault (or your insurance's) that you paid for smokes as long as you did, but didn't spend that on a quitting aide.

quit blaming others for your problem.
    Nice, helpful attitude there!

Having a bad day?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by koala61 View Post
    Insurance companies usually won't cover medications that are available OTC unless one needs a stronger strength. They should cover Chantix, Zyban or Wellbutrin though.
    Different insurance companies will only cover certain things. My insurance through the school district will not cover Chantix, Zyban or any smoking cessation product. Seems very counter productive...yet they will pay for cancer treatment etc. You can have your doc call and write letters to try to get them to cover although it has never worked for me.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567