Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nicotine Inhalator

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by deewal View Post
    Hey Pete and TBob

Are you talking about the Nicorette Inhalator here ?
    The advert for these things say each cartridge is 10mg of Nicotene.
    If they are soaked in Wicked 18mg for instance how is the liquid vapourised and what strength would that make the Cartridge or are you just talking about getting some flavour ?
    Or do you empty the original core first ?
    They also recomend 12 Carts a day for the first few weeks.
    12 Carts of 10mg Nic = 120mg ???
    That's a bit strong is'nt it? I get worried when i use more than 1 18mg Standard e-liquid Carts a day.
    How do these things work. I can't find any info about ingredients etc.
    Somebody told me it was powder inside the Core?
    I assume so, the only other one I know is the Boots version that is simply a rebadged Nicorette that is 5p cheaper. I just bought a new one as some people get a throat hit off them, not me unfortunately. I've not tried soaking them in liquid yet, I assume that any nic from the liquid gets there by simple evaporation. The inhalator in nowhere near as efficient nicotine delivery system so I don't think there is any danger of OD unless you get liquid in your mouth.

A big drawback is that it looks as if you are smoking a tampon You can get different coloured versions but they are rare or you can get a nico-pipe that is a metal version.

Super Member ECF Veteran

There's 10mg of nicotine in each cartridge but only 4mg available to the user. I emailed Nicorette about their ingredients and all they contain is nicotine & levo-menthol.

I've taken them apart as I'm doing an experiment at the moment with a box my doctor gave me a few months ago and some PG. The core is porous and seems to be soaked with a nicotine solution. If you lay a fresh one on some kitchen towel the liquid leeches out. I believe they start evaporating as soon as you break the seal on the things and you just breath in the fumes when required.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I tried these and besides looking a t**t you get the urge to exhale fresh air just because you so used to doing it with normal analogs expecting smoke but nothing there lol!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMcArthur View Post
    The nasal spray did get rid of the desire to smoke, but as it caused me extreme pain, wild uncontrollable sneezing fits for 10 minutes, it also took away the desire to live
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1975 View Post
    the nasal spray was the single best thing I ever tried before e cigs for getting that nicotine hit, trouble was as you describe the intense sneezing.. and the fact I used way more of the nasal stuff than I should have simply because the hit was so effective.
    I know these posts are old however I missed them the first time around and am just now enjoying them tremendously.

The prescription nasal spray is awesome, it's crack-in-a-bottle I always tell people. That 'extreme pain' - lol!! - yeah the first time used it's pretty harsh, however that lessens quickly to a minor irritation. For me just breathing through my mouth and avoiding sniffling for 5 minutes kept most sneezing at bay.

It's great stuff.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I know these posts are old however I missed them the first time around and am just now enjoying them tremendously.

The prescription nasal spray is awesome, it's crack-in-a-bottle I always tell people. That 'extreme pain' - lol!! - yeah the first time used it's pretty harsh, however that lessens quickly to a minor irritation. For me just breathing through my mouth and avoiding sniffling for 5 minutes kept most sneezing at bay.

It's great stuff.
    You have to get your pain on prescription??? Masochists can buy it over the counter here. What I cannot understand is why use this when there is a cheaper and much more pleasant alternative in snuff?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thatīs easy, Pete. Prescription drugs are not supposed to be pleasant so people do not expect them to be. On the othe hand they are supposed to be safe, and the vicious antis like to repeat to the smokers that *any* form of tobacco is the devil which will take them to hell if they do not repent... err... reform.

Remember, snuff is also illegal in some countries. It might be safe and pleasurable, but it constitutes a heresy to the dogma which must be punished...
    Nicco likes this.

Ultra Member

I think every NRT method of getting people to stop smoking is deliberately made to be something we can't actually 'enjoy' or even 'afford' to keep on doing. A 'safer' addiction isn't what they want us to have......that's why they are going to be so desperate to stop us vaping.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Thatīs easy, Pete. Prescription drugs are not supposed to be pleasant so people do not expect them to be. On the othe hand they are supposed to be safe, and the vicious antis like to repeat to the smokers that *any* form of tobacco is the devil which will take them to hell if they do not repent... err... reform.

Remember, snuff is also illegal in some countries. It might be safe and pleasurable, but it constitutes a heresy to the dogma which must be punished...
    Quote Originally Posted by surbitonPete View Post
    I think every NRT method of getting people to stop smoking is deliberately made to be something we can't actually 'enjoy' or even 'afford' to keep on doing. A 'safer' addiction isn't what they want us to have......that's why they are going to be so desperate to stop us vaping.

All very true, the NRT should not be enjoyable so we can eventually stop that as well. Are some people now hooked on the nicotine gum? If so the NRT has just become the transferred addiction.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hey Pete.... yes the nasal spray is still prescription here, but so was the gum and patches for quite some time.

As long as folks worry about NRT being enjoyable or addictive, oncologists and pulmonologists will remain heavily booked.

GREAT BRITAIN, not "The UK" (Have you seen my washboard, Mother?)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMcArthur View Post
    All very true, the NRT should not be enjoyable so we can eventually stop that as well. Are some people now hooked on the nicotine gum? If so the NRT has just become the transferred addiction.
    Never tried an inhalator but I did give the gum a try for a while - bloody awful! Terrible indigestion. The instructions tell you not to swallow the saliva, but I could never manage not to do this. The damned stuff is in your mouth, what are you supposed to do with it? I'll stick with the e-cigs!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast