Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Nicotine Inhalator

Default Nicotine Inhalator

There's a lot to be said for any product that replaces the deadly habit of smoking with a much safer way of enjoying nicotine. I personally find nicotine use very pleasurable and I'm relieved that there are so many safer ways of partaking these days.

I started by using the mini cig but found the taste to be off-putting so I now use the nicotine inhalator which delivers an extremely clean and pleasant nicotine hit.

In the initial stages of using nicotine without smoking you will always have a bad withdrawal from cigarettes if you cease immediately and replace it with either the e cigarette or use NRT. Why this is the case, I have no idea - I call it the four day dip where I feel nauseous, dizzy, foggy and generally out of it. By the fifth day of total abstinence from cigarettes there is a sudden change and I feel a million dollars - my body feels clean, I can breathe easier, and I'm much much more relaxed than I was when I was smoking. There is also a massive increase in energy.

I think this is an extremely important point that everybody should be aware of when making the switch. I'd personally advise the total abstinence of cigarettes and ride this 4 day dip as it's extremely rewarding when you come out the other side.

At present, I'm completely happy to consider the long term use of the nicotine inhalator as studies show that the long term use of nicotine is not harmful. I'm convinced I'll never use cigarettes to deliver nicotine to my body again.

So - whatever you decide to use, enjoy that nicotine but never - ever smoke those filthy and extremely dangerous cigarettes again.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Re: Nicotine Inhalator

I have the USA prescription nicotine inhaler (Nicotrol, 10mg cartridge, 4mg delivered). It isn't bad.... the nic taste is peppery, I wouldn't describe it as clean but smooth I guess. My concern is that the "puff duration" required to get a hit is such that I end up run out of breath and lightheaded with about half the puffs... enough to give myself a headache if I try too hard. A cessation person told me of hearing similar complaints from others, that it needs a lot of pressure to get the nicotine out of it. You're pulling it out of there by force, if that makes sense.

edited to add: This is described as compared to ciggies and e-cigs. I do find it grand as compared to nothing at all! And using it in conjunction with other NRT products, where I don't have to get all my nic hit from the inhaler, mostly removes the problem as I'm not trying so hard to get the maximum nic hit.

sl9

I tried the Nicorette Inhalator a few years ago. Unfortunately I found it to be rather unpleasant It gave me really harsh irritation to my throat (far away from the mild throat "hit" you get from normal cigs). It DID reduce or even remove my desire to smoke, but it actually made me feel worse than the nicotine withdrawal symptoms themselves so I had to stop using it

But I did really like the concept, and now that I've discovered electronic cigarettes, I couldn't be happier

I actually stopped smoking about seven years ago using a prescription product called Zyban. It worked fantastically and I stopped smoking easily. I stopped because I did nto want to smoke around the kids and did not like my house smelling. unfortunately, I have had a bad year and I started smoking again. not good. But using the e-cigs is keeping me from smoking the dreaded wead and I still get a similair feeling as I did from smoking. And to be honest, I do enjoy nicotine. I may try and stop entirely, but if I can stay with the e-cigs and not get any traditional cigs I will be happy enough with that.

If the inhalors work for you then keep at it. Everyone finds a different way of stopping or cutting down. You have to find the one that works best for you.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I think the inhalator affect people in different ways. Every time I try them, I get absolutely nothing. No hit and still the desire to smoke. The nasal spray did get rid of the desire to smoke, but as it caused me extreme pain, wild uncontrollable sneezing fits for 10 minutes, it also took away the desire to live
    Quote Originally Posted by sl9 View Post
    I tried the Nicorette Inhalator a few years ago. Unfortunately I found it to be rather unpleasant It gave me really harsh irritation to my throat (far away from the mild throat "hit" you get from normal cigs). It DID reduce or even remove my desire to smoke, but it actually made me feel worse than the nicotine withdrawal symptoms themselves so I had to stop using it

But I did really like the concept, and now that I've discovered electronic cigarettes, I couldn't be happier

Full Member ECF Veteran

I was on the inhalator before I discovered e-cigs. They are not too bad and they certainly stopped the cravings but the fact that there was nothing to inhale and you had to suck that hard that your ears bled and windows imploded made me dislike them.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PeteMcArthur View Post
    The nasal spray did get rid of the desire to smoke, but as it caused me extreme pain, wild uncontrollable sneezing fits for 10 minutes, it also took away the desire to live
    the nasal spray was the single best thing I ever tried before e cigs for getting that nicotine hit, trouble was as you describe the intense sneezing.. and the fact I used way more of the nasal stuff than I should have simply because the hit was so effective.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer1975 View Post
    the nasal spray was the single best thing I ever tried before e cigs for getting that nicotine hit, trouble was as you describe the intense sneezing.. and the fact I used way more of the nasal stuff than I should have simply because the hit was so effective.
    Interestingly I can across an old spray so I thought WTH I'll give it a go, I've been using snuff a bit, maybe the nose will be OK

NO, NO, NO same reaction, pain, uncontrollable sneezing and this time I tripped over the dog, so I've got a sore wrist and the dog is hiding.

Nicorette Spray ? Just say NO

Senior Member ECF Veteran

hey guys can you buy nicorette spray ? Ive only seen patches inhalers and gum ?

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SANJP View Post
    hey guys can you buy nicorette spray ? Ive only seen patches inhalers and gum ?
    Yes you can, you normally have to ask for it as it isn't a big seller.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast