Nico patches and Vivid dreams
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Nico patches and Vivid dreams

Default Nico patches and Vivid dreams

Ive been bouncing around between cigs, e-cigs and patches. One thing I notice is when I use patches (i keep them on during sleep) I have an incredible amount of very realistic dreams. Anyone else?
    Tinky likes this.

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

That's normal in my experience. Whenever I tried the patch I had to remove them about 2 hours before bedtime or else I experienced the most horrifying vivid dreams. Made me wonder what the hell was in my subconscious that brought on such horrible nightmares, but anyway... When I took them off before bedtime I could get a decent night's sleep but then I had to deal with the extreme cravings when I got up the next morning. It was quite the roller coaster ride. Needless to say the patch didn't work for me, the e-cig was the only thing that's worked for me. This addiction is such a personal journey, I hope you find the path that works best for you. Good luck. I hope you can find a way to say goodbye to the analogs for good.

Thanks for the well wishes! But honestly I enjoy dreaming and to me its worth the lost sleep. Its kind of mysterious to me-why do the patches make me dream. Not to brag but I am really good at sleeping and if theres a show during it well, even better. Im enjoying it and if anyone knows a better way to induce dreaming please share.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just yesterday I started wearing a nico patch along with vaping......I am afraid i will smoke if not.....You guys think I am asking for trouble?

And bye the way, I feel you about the dreaming....WOW! They are like dreams I have never had before....
    Tinky likes this.

I had some of the coolest dreams while on the patch. Most vivid I've ever had. The last dream I had on the patch was a groundhog kinda of dream that kept repeating itself. Which wouldn't have been so bad, except the end was always the same, a shotgun blast to my chest. Started on the analogs again the next morning.

-Jeremy

Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I only wore them on ultra long haul flights and I would always have the same dream that the aircraft was plunging down through the night sky into the briny depths of Davy Jones's locker. That would wake me in a quivering cold sweat.

Super Member ECF Veteran

The reason it might give you vivid dreams is because nicotine is a stimulant. For me, it works similar to caffiene; it wakes me up and keeps me alert. When you fall asleep there are two different stages, one where you are in a deep sleep and are not dreaming. this is the stage of sleep when your brain releases natural HGH (human growth hormone) which causes your body to grow and is alos synomonus with muscle growth and repair. The other is REM (rapid eye movement) sleep which is not as deep; this stage of sleeping is when you dream.

I can anly assume that because nicotine is a stimulant it may increase the ammount of time it takes to fall into a deep sleep, leaving you semi-awake. Sustaining a lighter snooze during the night is when you mind is much more active and is wandering off into bizarre realms of dream land.

Hope that helps

Super Member ECF Veteran

I was on the patch once and had some really creepy vivid dreams ... also made me sweat ...was gross...never again.

I had this experience switching to a PV. I think the nic content was too high for me (24mg). But, for the first week or two, until I switched all the way down to 8mg, I had the strangest dreams ever. Maybe it also has to do with the release of toxins after one quits smoking...a combination?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Going to try wearing the patch and vaping 0 nic liquid next week, when i recieve the e-liquid in the mail. hoping this will be my final battle. ive been vaping for 3weeks and was able to give the cigs up the same day. I smoked for 25 years at 1.5 packs a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast