Thread: Nicotine in my marlboro : 100's vs regular

Default Nicotine in my marlboro : 100's vs regular

i am just wondering about this: the nicotine intake specified on the packs of my marlboro regular and marlboro 100's is the same.they both show that it is just 0.8 mg per cigarette.i may be wrong but that doesnt sound right to me.doesnt need a rocket scientist to figure out that the more amount you smoke of the same tobacco ,the more nicotine you consume.

I imagine they use a different tobacco blend, one with less nicotine for the amount of tobacco in the cigarette. Kind of makes sense to me, since marb reds seem to pack more of a punch.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

i don't have any in front of me ATM (hopefully never will again), but if IIRC aren't the 100's filters almost a 1/4" longer than the fulls? more filter = ..... more filtering, perhaps.

Even so, that wouldn't change the amount of mg of nicotine in the cigarette, just the amount consumed. But yes, the 100's filter is longer then the regular.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by donraj00 View Post
    Even so, that wouldn't change the amount of mg of nicotine in the cigarette, just the amount consumed. But yes, the 100's filter is longer then the regular.
    ah, i see what you're saying now. i wasn't reading your post right.
    it would be interesting to remove the filter from one of each and see what the actual weights of each are. maybe the 100's are just "fluffed" a little, making it seem like you're getting more tobacco? then again, the MB 100's always did seem a little harder packed than the regs. could be more filler i guess.

Either way, I always smoked 100's just because I liked that they lasted longer. Don't they only make Marb 100's in mediums? I would totally buy a Marb 100 reds.

Unregistered Supplier

You can get Marlboro red 100 in the airports.