Nicotine for sale?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicotine for sale?

ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Nicotine for sale?

I just copied this from a post by ccure: ..............

Then I looked further and found this: ......................

And this: ...................

I know some members have been quite interested in nicotine and tobacco flavorings. Just wondered if you've seen anything like this and if so, what do you think of it? Has anyone actually tried it? Looks like this stuff is really expensive once you include hazard shipping.

I'd love to hear the "pros'" take on this

Lu
    Last edited by rolygate; 01-20-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Moved On

I love the idea of getting diluted nicotine in the USA for my ecig... However I quite contacting people looking for it after tropical bob informed me someone on here got a visit from US homeland security after too many such inquiries.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran radiokaos's Avatar

Another thing to consider is that by volume some of this stuff is very lethal. We are not talking 3% by volume but 40%. So one ml could have as much as 400 MG's of nicotine per ML. Mixing that stuff would be crazy unless you have a real lab with the right protective gear.

Inactive Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SambucaLu View Post
    I just copied this from a post by ccure: .........

I know some members have been quite interested in nicotine and tobacco flavorings. Just wondered if you've seen anything like this and if so, what do you think of it? Has anyone actually tried it? Looks like this stuff is really expensive once you include hazard shipping.

I'd love to hear the "pros'" take on this

Lu
    Sambucalu:

Thank you for the credit

Ok, It is not that expensive if you think that 100 ml of pure Nic ($147) will give you a final product of let say 10 liters of 10mg e-liquid. Or 4 liters of 25mg.

So, if you look at it that way, it does not seems so expensive.

Again, I will not try to handle this without the proper safety measurements and equipment, but since there are people trying to "extract" Nicotine from tobacco, I think it will be safer for all of them to buy the Nicotine directly. At least they will know how much nicotine they are using on their e-liquid.

I WILL NOT RECOMMEND USING NICOTINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING!
    Last edited by rolygate; 01-20-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had another thought about this. I researched nicotine sources a while ago as well, but as someone who would not be comfortable with handling pure nicotine, or even the 40% stuff probably, nor having the proper equipment, I just filed away the URLs to return to only in case of extreme circumstances in the future.

Then I remembered posts a while back about compounding pharmacies, and the fact that PG, VG and nicotine are all recognized and lawfully obtainable pharmaceutical products.

With a cooperative doctor, and I really believe many of our personal physicians who have been trying to get us to quit smoking for years and who have been reported as applauding our use of ecigs might consider this - why couldn't many of us get a prescription for use at a compounding pharmacy if the very worst comes to pass and eliquid becomes unavailable here in the US?

I looked up compounding pharmacies in my area and found one not far away. This is an example of one:

The Pharmacy Shop

I bet there's an excellent chance my doctor would write me a prescription for a PG solution containing 3.6 or 2.4% nicotine, if the only other alternative was that I'd return to smoking.

What do you think?

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran strayling's Avatar

I think that if some physicians are willing to prescribe medical ......... then some will probably be cool with nicotine. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
    "How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you different." - Kurt Vonnegut

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    I looked up compounding pharmacies in my area and found one not far away. This is an example of one:

The Pharmacy Shop

I bet there's an excellent chance my doctor would write me a prescription for a PG solution containing 3.6 or 2.4% nicotine, if the only other alternative was that I'd return to smoking.

What do you think?
    I think you are a very wise person. A prescription never entered my mind. I think most doctors would go along with it to keep a person away from tobacco. I'm going to file this, in case a total ban goes through.

Cheers;
    jd

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran radiokaos's Avatar

I had another thought about this. I researched nicotine sources a while ago as well, but as someone who would not be comfortable with handling pure nicotine, or even the 40% stuff probably, nor having the proper equipment, I just filed away the URLs to return to only in case of extreme circumstances in the future.

Then I remembered posts a while back about compounding pharmacies, and the fact that PG, VG and nicotine are all recognized and lawfully obtainable pharmaceutical products.

With a cooperative doctor, and I really believe many of our personal physicians who have been trying to get us to quit smoking for years and who have been reported as applauding our use of ecigs might consider this - why couldn't many of us get a prescription for use at a compounding pharmacy if the very worst comes to pass and eliquid becomes unavailable here in the US?

The Pharmacy Shop

What do you think?
    I have brought this topic up in the past and it seems like no one wanted to listen. The major hurdle you will have is getting a compound pharmacy to fill the script. Most will not hand out a 10ml bottle of 36 mg / ml mix. Also if you are lucky to find a compounding pharmacy they will likely have some stringent requirements (dosage, strength, and liquid), and yes we will need a script which is easy to obtain. Educating our doctors will be another issue as well. The rub is that the FDA can come down these said pharmacies and say hey "we did not approve for nicotine to be vaporized". However at the rate they are going it would take a year for the FDA to come down on the compounding pharms.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...tml#post209223
    Last edited by radiokaos; 04-27-2009 at 10:26 PM.

Moved On

Just as a side note, a compounding pharmacy (unregulated by the FDA) killed 21 polo horses in West Palm Beach, FL for a mistake they made in concentrations. The point being, you should have a background in chemistry and OSHA 'best practices' before dealing with straight nicotine fluids.

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breakfastchef View Post
    Just as a side note, a compounding pharmacy (unregulated by the FDA) killed 21 polo horses in West Palm Beach, FL for a mistake they made in concentrations. The point being, you should have a background in chemistry and OSHA 'best practices' before dealing with straight nicotine fluids.
    Well, we haven't come to that yet. The only thing I personally find at fault in your post is "(unregulated by the FDA)" Regulated or not, they screwed up. I have little faith in the FDA, myself. Google FDA Failures.

Cheers;
    jd

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast