Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr!

The same happened to me. In fact I don't recall dreaming of smoking while I was actually a smoker.. and then, as a vaper, I had dreams where I suddenly realised that I had a cigarette in my hand and it was so weird during the dream itself (like "now why am I smoking this? I've quit!").
    I think it happened 3 times, but not anymore (look down in my signature, 1 year and a half) and not even happened the weeks immediately after quitting; I guess the first dream at 2 months and the third/last dream a couple months later.
    Now it looks like it's all solved... even in the subconscious

I quit as soon as my vape juices came in and now almost a week, I have some dreams like those. There are over 4,000 chemicals that we become addicted to. Bleach, ammonia, and other chemicals that subsequently become addicting over time when smoking analogs. I thought the switch would be easy (nicotine for nicotine, right?). Wrong, the nicotine is a big part of the whole ordeal. However; not entirely reliant on nicotine. I have found brushing teeth and drinking a glass of water at night can help remove some of the taste. Also, I find myself walking out of a store, and reach for a cigarette and realize that all I have is my ecig. I don't want an analog I think they are down right nasty now, but it's the habit of "walk out and reach". bad habit to kick. The dreams also come from the synthetic nicotine. Same with patches and gum and related, there is a side effect of vivid dreams. Try cutting back the ecig an hour earlier before bed. Good luck everyone.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Did you ever quit smoking without the PV? When I used the patch, the dreams about smoking started up, and I attributed it to some strange chemical in the adhesive. At that time, you were supposed to wear the patch for 24 hours. In addition to dreaming about smoking, I was having vivid, colorful nightmares.

Dreams about smoking continued after I went off the patch, but the nightmares were (thankfully) gone. Dreaming about smoking miight be your subconscious telling you that your nicotine levels are down. I had to increase from 16-28 mg to 24 mg in order to stop the problems I had with staying alert and concentrating.

I did have a dream last night that something I picked up had a cigarette hole burned into it, but I quickly stated, "It wasn't me. I quit smoking over 2 years ago!" I did not even see a cigarette in the dream -- just the damage it had done.
    DaveP likes this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DragonflyVaper View Post
    I never quit smoking because of hearing stories like your quitting for 3.5 years then going back.... How long have you been vaping and glad to hear you're 99% cig free. I'm 100% cig free except when I'm dreaming. Never experienced night sweats, just minor agitation and dry mouth in the beginning but it's all gone now..... Thought I was home free until these dreams started. I am glad the smoking is only in my dreams but I do want the dreams of smoking cigs to stop as I would rather be vaping in my dreams LOL
    My step mom almost died back in May or so... They are weening her off the drugs she was taking. Whole bunch of stuff that was messing with her blood pressure and blood sugar. She had to cut out sweets (wonder if people who diet do the same thing) so she was dreaming about eating cake and chocolate and other things she is not allowed to eat for the time being.

I haven't noticed that I have been smoking in dreams or not. But if you were smoking for the better part of your life I'd think it would be natural to be dreaming about them for a while.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not a shrink or anything but it stands to reason.

i vape in my dreams after i quit smoking. have you ever thought that you might b vaping instead i think your body just wants nicotine. in my dreams i just see smoke no cig or PV

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Before my first relapse to analogues 7 months ago I started having dreams of smoking ciggies.
    and this was after almost 11 monthes cold turkey with no vaping!

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had rather vivid dreams for a week or so after I quit smoking and just vaped. Those went away as fast as they arrived, but I don't remember smoking in them. It's probably some part of your subconscious that still wants the habit back. I have little episodes where I get this sudden desire to reach for a pack when I walk into the kitchen and occasionally after a meal. I just laugh and think top myself, "Hah, I don't do that anymore!", and it goes right away.

Time heals and vaping takes away the pains of quitting.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

That fire safe stuff is pretty safe, so it can't be that, or the chemical additives.... My guess is the paper.. Haha
    Also something that always concerned me was the ink. Ink is bad, and per. Cig it's minimal. But some brands have logo right at the butt, others like American spirits print on a bigger chunk. I wonder how much smokes ink we consumed per month smoking a pack a day of ink cigs....

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I once managed to quit smoking for a week or so. I started having vivid dreams of luxuriously smoking cigarettes.

I bought some 12 mg eliquid and was craving cigarettes. I took a nap and had a dream about smoking. I had already decided to purchase some 24 mg and I know I will be using strong liquid since that is my brain telling me I am not getting enough nicotine At least while I am quitting the stinkies. One day at a time for me. I love smoking but I am not breathing as well as I used to and ecigs is so much better than stinkies for my breathing. I feel better, more energetic and I haven't even managed to totally quit yet. Once I have the right set up, I think I will manage to quit no problem.

I really found the switch to e-cigs sparked nightly increadibly vivid dreams and it's been about 4 weeks now and they aren't subsiding. I'm finding I wake up and feel like I had been busy all night and for the first hour of the morning I'm exhausted. I'm glad it sounds like they will graudually subside, although if you do end up in a lucid nicotine induced dream, it can be quite remarkable. I'll miss those I'm sure. I should probably limit vaping before bed...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast