Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This can be a very disturbing phenomenon. I have had it happen in the past when I quit with or without vaping. The brain is amazing and sometimes baffling. I work with all kinds of addictions on a daily basis and this phenomenon is common for every substance. Unfortunately, with cigs quitting involves a lot more chemicals than just nicotine. It is natural for our brains to try to come to terms with the fact it is missing something even if you don't feel you are missing it on a conscious level. If it doesn't stop and remains disturbing for you look into information on how to control your dreams. We can redirect what happens in our dreams. Or you can do some simple self talk when you wake from an analog dream. Whatever reaffirms your desire to stay analog free. Those two things can help tremendously, plus though it might recur months or years later, it is temporary.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I, not too long ago, read excerpts from a study (sorry no source) about dreams, and how every face that you see in your dreams you have seen in real life at some point and it may just be someone you just can’t recognize. So, the fact that your dreams include analogs may just be a "recollection" or "nostalgic remembrance" of points in time where they were involved in your life. Just speculating here.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cactus71 View Post
    I, not too long ago, read excerpts from a study (sorry no source) about dreams, and how every face that you see in your dreams you have seen in real life at some point and it may just be someone you just can’t recognize. So, the fact that your dreams include analogs may just be a "recollection" or "nostalgic remembrance" of points in time where they were involved in your life. Just speculating here.
    Sounds interesting, any link to the study?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Had to comment on this thread...been analog free for three weeks and last night i was golfing and smoking one cig after another in my dream. I was hitting great shot after great shot and just a smoking away. It was like it was real... the dream was so clear. So today i go golfing...not many great shots and no analogs.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had quit smoking for 8 years and still had smoking dreams. Like others mentioned, they felt very real and I would wake up feeling awful and guilty about it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123