Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr!

Super Member ECF Veteran DragonflyVaper's Avatar

Default Never Had Dreams of Me Smoking Prior to Vaping NOW I DO...grrrr!

Hope this is the right forum to post this..... I had no intention to quit smoking when my son introduced and purchased my eGo. I tried it and I've been analog free going on 7 months. I have not had any desire for an analog since day one of vaping and I still feel it's (vaping) a miracle!

Prior to vaping, I don't recall having dreams of me smoking but lately, I'm smoking analogs in my dreams or trying to bum one from total strangers by walking and sometimes actually running a long distance begging for a ciggy.... I NEVER bummed cigs when I smoked. When I wake up, the vivid dream of me smoking is so very real . I vape before going to bed so I don't think it's low or high nicotine in my system for the 8 hours while sleeping. What are in those analogs besides nicotine that make you freakin' dream about them after you've quit for over 7 months? Scary!!

I'm wondering if dreams of smoking are common for vapers who vape 100%? Of course, I'm relieved that my smoking was only in my dreams but these dreams are becoming more common, at least a couple times a week or more. During the day, I never think of wanting a cig but I do remember the dream which is also weird because I usually don't remember dreaming. I hope these dreams of smoking or running and begging for a cig will cease. These dreams are not nightmares but I do remember the anxiety of wanting then getting that cig to smoke.... I've been 7 months analog free and now I'm having these freakin' dreams of smoking

Sdh

I had quit cold turkey for 3.5 years. I had night sweats and dreams of smoking. I also had depression but did not know it at the time.

I now vape and never had any night sweats or dreams of smoking. If I didn't vape I know I would be smoking cigs. I am about 99% cig free at this time.

I never quit smoking because of hearing stories like your quitting for 3.5 years then going back.... How long have you been vaping and glad to hear you're 99% cig free. I'm 100% cig free except when I'm dreaming. Never experienced night sweats, just minor agitation and dry mouth in the beginning but it's all gone now..... Thought I was home free until these dreams started. I am glad the smoking is only in my dreams but I do want the dreams of smoking cigs to stop as I would rather be vaping in my dreams LOL
    Running Wolf likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

We always want what we cannot have, universal law of humanity. Even when you smoke a cig, and it taste like a bad CE2R4, you finish it off because there is a satisfaction in the sin of it.
    quittin4mykids and 20psi like this.

Very true Stownz about universal law.....but I do not want nor desire a cig in my waking hours....it's never an issue. Even after the dreams, I don't desire or want a cig.... weird, it has to be my sub-conscious but I think I'm still coming off a brain altering chemical that is in analogs.

What in the heck is a CE2R4? I experienced something for the first time yesterday. I was walking in an outside parking lot, no one was around at all. The air was reaking with the smell of cigarette smoke as though someone was actually standing there in front of me smoking. Now I understand why my son would get upset with smelling my cig smoke even though I was not smoking. I never noticed the lingering smoke smell when I smoked but I surely did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Stownz View Post
    We always want what we cannot have, universal law of humanity. Even when you smoke a cig, and it taste like a bad CE2R4, you finish it off because there is a satisfaction in the sin of it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I had those dreams (very vivid and realistic) may be for a month around 8-10 months in but not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by YKruss View Post
    I had those dreams (very vivid and realistic) may be for a month around 8-10 months in but not anymore.
    So very true.... Vivid and soooo realistic. Guess I'm on track like your experience since I'm going into 8 months cig free. I feel much better and hope these dreams will go away in a month. Thanks for sharing

Sdh

Or you can do what I do and watch a season of dexter on dvd before you sleep...you won't have cig dreams...just scary ones

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I had used hypnosis and still currently use (and, "N"joy vaping---excuse the pun lol) the PV.

Had ONE dream of smoking. The hypnosis really played a roll in my reaction, as the hypnotherapist used negative images that appeared in my dream when I attempted to smoke the cig I bummed off someone.

It's just the subconscious.

Lightbulb

From talking to smokers I know who have quit, dreams about smoking are very much a part of the process. None of the quitters I know were vaping when they quit, but it seems their dreams came about 8 months to a year after quitting... Also I used Chantix once and noticed a change in my dreaming as listed in the side effects.

I think that nicotine brain chemistry is very much related to dreaming ... I've quit other addictions without ever experiencing a "dreaming" side effect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast