Link nicotine and hair loss ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Link nicotine and hair loss ?

Ultra Member

I have known at least 10 completely bald non-smokers and only one 'nearly' bald smoker..how can we believe anything these 'experts' ever tell us?

As interesting as this is, I contend that hair loss causes vaping!

Moved On

i seriously doubt that nicotine causes hair loss. I know loads of people who do not smoke and are bald.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Propylene Glycol grows hair which may in effect neutralize the effect, if any, that nicotine has on hair loss.

keep on vaping, you'll see

Senior Member ECF Veteran TheLizinator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is that why my hair is growing like weeds??? I can't believe how much my hair has grown in two months!!

Super Member ECF Veteran dragonpuff's Avatar
    Over the river and through the woods, Western NY

I just read a link in a new thread (in the news forum i believe) which claims that people who use nicotine gum long term suffer teeth and hair loss! I can understand tooth loss from chewing the heck out of those things for 14 years, but hair loss? Of course they're blaming it on nicotine, calling it a "super toxin" (never heard that one before ).

If smoking clearly does not cause hair loss, then it's definitely not the nicotine. Therefore, either their claims are inaccurate, or there's something in nicotine gum that they're not telling us about. Hmm.

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views... which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." Doctor Who

Full Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dragonpuff View Post
    I just read a link in a new thread (in the news forum i believe) which claims that people who use nicotine gum long term suffer teeth and hair loss! I can understand tooth loss from chewing the heck out of those things for 14 years, but hair loss? Of course they're blaming it on nicotine, calling it a "super toxin" (never heard that one before ).

If smoking clearly does not cause hair loss, then it's definitely not the nicotine. Therefore, either their claims are inaccurate, or there's something in nicotine gum that they're not telling us about. Hmm.
    People chewing the gum are falling asleep while chewing it and waking up with the gum stuck in their hair? Hehe, maybe not but it's a funny image

Senior Member ECF Veteran TheLizinator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Proverb View Post
    People chewing the gum are falling asleep while chewing it and waking up with the gum stuck in their hair? Hehe, maybe not but it's a funny image
    Hahahaha it's a good theory--if nicotine caused baldness there'd be a ton of us running around hairless. What a load o'crap! You couldn't fall asleep chewing that nicorette, gawd, that stuff is like gnawing on Silly Putty. It burns the hide off the inside of your mouth too. Those clowns who've flooded the prescription world with their lame excuses for nicotine replacement drugs just choke on the possibility that the Chinese have whomped them a good one with the e-cig. Sore losers.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I can't speak to nicotine, but there is an effective homeopathic remedy for hair loss (and softening nails). My case was stress, but it can be other causes like extreme weight loss (not male pattern baldness, sorry guys. Besides, bald is sexy!).

The mineral is called Biotin and can be found at any health store or vitamin section of the grocery/pharmacy.

This was recommended to me by my hairdresser and it was amazing. Shedding hair in the shower ended in 10 days and my hair was so thick the next time I saw her that she was surprised - even though she knew how well it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndude View Post
    Propylene Glycol grows hair which may in effect neutralize the effect, if any, that nicotine has on hair loss.

keep on vaping, you'll see
    is this a true story?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast