Wild Nicotine Dreams - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wild Nicotine Dreams

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow, this is very interesting. I have vivid dreams and go through stages where I have the strangest dreams for months and then nothing for a while then back again. I sometimes have the same dream repeatedly and sometimes with years in between, then it comes back again. Some dreams are very frightening. I always thought it had something to do with my reading, since I read every night of my life before going to sleep... I never thought it was nicotine related, but now I'm wondering.

That's weird i have always had really vivid dreams so I don't know what nic could for dreaming. But that dream inside a dream inside the matrix inside a dream thing that was described is weird. that would be the point i would be freaked out enough to go to the doc for a sleep study. I wouldn't think I was in reality any more at that point. Hope someone does some research into this and sees whats up. Might be a psychological therapy use in the long run if it was used right.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I say try vaping low nic at 6 or less before bed or vape zero. That helps alot. bnrk
    APV/MOD Safety- Never use non rechargeable batteries, they can explode! DO: Use protected or safer chemistry rechargeable batteries for your specific model. Rest batteries off charger before use. Do first 3-4 second button push AWAY FROM YOUR FACE. Safety first :)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I hate to resurrect a zombie thread but I noticed that when I quit smoking and started vaping that I started to have very vivid dreams...started within a day of quitting cigarettes.

Same here markophonic, I think the previous poster's idea of limiting consumption of nic before bed sounds like a good reason to keep lower concentrations of eliquid around.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This can be a very disturbing phenomenon. I have had it happen in the past when I quit with or without vaping. The brain is amazing and baffling. I work with all kinds of addictions and this is common for every substance. Unfortunately, with cigs quitting involves a lot more chemicals than just nicotine. It is natural for our brains to try to come to terms with the fact it is missing something even if you don't feel you are missing it on a conscious level. If it remains disturbing for you look into information on how to control your dreams. We can redirect what happens in our dreams and regain a sense of control. Or you can do some simple self talk when you wake from an analog dream. Whatever reaffirms your desire to stay analog free. Those two things can help tremendously, plus though it might recur months or years later, it is temporary.

Sorry meant to put this in different thread.
    Last edited by Leal; 11-30-2012 at 08:01 AM.

I tend to be a vivid dreamer but nicotine definitely kicked things up a notch. If I chewed nic gum before bed or was on the patch I'd have wicked dreams (P.S. I know what's at Area 51 now). I assume no different with nicotine in e-liquid.
    Leal likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's well-known that nicotine can induce really intense dreams. I've had them especially with Swedish snus, I think because with the slower delivery systems one may still be actively absorbing the effect during REM. To me it's not a bad thing at all, but a very cool thing.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I rarely have vivid dreams, unfortunately, and get my fair share of nicotine from cigs before and juice now. Maybe I'm not doing it right

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

As Ansah suggested above, snus can contribute to vivid and not necessarily negative dreams. ecig nicotine doesn't seem to affect my dreaming, or at least not that I've noticed. Snus at bedtime = Dream Pillow.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast