Wild Nicotine Dreams - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wild Nicotine Dreams

PV Master ECF Veteran Heavyrocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chauncy View Post
    Since I have been using VG / ecigs, etc. I have noticed some VERY strange dreams. Many of them are repeated dreams of things that I would rather not see or do again.

Before I started using ecigs again, I was nicotine / tobacco free for about 4-5 months. I started on ecigs...out of boredom I guess. Ever since (that was about 2-3 months ago) I have been having odd, disturbing dreams of all kinds of subjects.

Sometimes I take Benadryl at night to help me sleep. I have heard that mixing ecigs (or any nicotine) with Benadryl might be the cause of these wierd dreams.

Have any of you been experiencing odd dreams that seem to coincide with your ecig use? I used to smoke and dip and I don't remember anything like this before.

Thanks.
    Its the benedryal.

Hana DNA 20,Paps,Nemisis,Sentinal ,M16,Private,Vamo,Natural,Poldiac,Caravela,Trident,Kraken,PVD Magma,RSST,KFL,2 Puffs Drip Tips,Rayon Wicks.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had three weird dreams since I started vaping. One was pretty disturbing, and the one last night wasn't so bad, just very weird lol. I assume this is because I dropped down to 12mg so the dreams settled a bit as well.

Whenever I become aware that I am dreaming, I end up sleeping for like 12+ hours and it is very difficult to wake up. Last night I slept for 14 hours.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

woah, thats weird. Sometimes I get lucid dreams but I never found it hard to wake up :O

I'm an insomniac. I can't vape within 30 minutes of sleeping or else I won't cross the threshold into sleep no matter how tired I am. I would say that your weird dreams are from the benadryl and the nicotine plays a part as well. I get different dreams with nicotine if I take a nico-break for a while, but all of these are pleasant. A little lucidity to the dreams.
    Vaping + Minecraft... One is an addiction, the other a way of life.

I decided to lower my nic to 0mg yesterday with ejuice flavor of classic tobacco pipe and on that night also I had a dream where I was smoking tobacco pipe which I never do before..
    Renolizzie likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Rachy_B's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The last time I tried quitting using patches, I had the most AWFUL dreams! Well... I say awful... one was quite pleasant!

I had gone blind and yet I could still see...I found myself at a Scottish wedding fair, full of tartan and things like that, where I saw a girl I knew from high school but was never really friends with. Then, the entire cast of House was chasing me. I found my way to a massive sculture thing which sort of looked like a very tall narrow 'Birds Nest Stadium' from the 2008 Olympics. I climbed all the way to the top and all the way back down to the bottom so I was inside the sculpture and just as I got to the bottom, there was Omar Epps (Foreman), staring into the sculpture and looking at me... he has beautiful eyes...

Another dream was that Cameron and Chase (again on House, I watched a lot of House at the time) had split up and were sharing their house. One got the bedroom, one got the living room etc. I was a guest and it was really awkward...

I'm also told by a friend who slept on my floor one night that I cried in my sleep...

Have you tried lowering your nicotine in the evenings before bedtime? I still get the occasional funny dream (the other night my supervisor said my work was a disappointment and I'd let him down although I think this was more of a subconscious fear than nic induced!) but they're nowhere near as crazy as on the patches. If it's a real concern, try lower nic at night and higher in the mornings...x
    LaraPaw likes this.
    I WILL BE WRITING TO MY MEP AND MP TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE EU DIRECTIVE TO REDUCE THE SALE OF JUICE TO ONLY 4MG! PLEASE, PLEASE, DO THE SAME!

Moved On ECF Veteran

I have had dreams about vaping, but not necessarily about nicotine itself.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    not the end of the earth but you can see it from here

I bought the patch years ago they went in the trash after the third one because of the bad bad dreams.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

When I smoked analogs, I used to struggle remembering my dreams. The only time I could remember them was when I would be woken at 4am by the alarm clock, I'm a bus driver so work some weird shift patterns. I guess I was still in the middle of REM sleep, so being woken suddenly at that time the dream would still be fresh in my mind. Most of the dreams would be embarrassing, awkward, scary or down-right horror filled (just think of Saw and the Exorcist combined)

Since I quit analogs and started vaping full time, my dreams are more vivid, I wake up feeling a lot better - no more nightmares. The only problem is, a lot of the dreams seem to be X-rated. I feel like a 16 year old lad again (the male vapers will know what I mean)
    I wonder if it's partly due to increased blood flow since quitting analogs. I've not felt this good in years - 44 going on 16
    Underdawg736 likes this.
    Cherry red Provari, Reo Grand, LP Reo Grand, Taifun GT, 4xKayfun v3.1, RM2, KFL, 3xKFL+V2, 4xRussian 91%, bagua, 3x Astro, aga, IPV2 v2, Foggers, Kraken, ithaka, Aqua, D-Eagle, Aios, RSST's, Vamo v2, SVD, KTS+, 2xVmod 2.0s, 2xVmod XL, GP Paps Lux, 6x Nemesis, 2x Stillare, Stingray, Poldiac, Caravela, Private V2, k100, Chi-You. In the post - Juices.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started dreaming a lot. Mostly when I have to wake up to pee. Not breathing in carbon monoxide all day may have something to do with it? My sinuses are acting better and maybe that is letting my body rest more? For whatever reason, it is a big change.

Full Member Verified Member

Nicotine definitely has an effect on my dreams! It's similar to when I first started taking Zoloft. I am so acclimated to it now the Zoloft is like swallowing a tic tac and it's kind of nice to have the twisted, vivid dreams again. Even when they are unpleasant dreams, I just feel so much more balanced when I have a very active dreaming world. One of my most recent is a dream about the weather.. it was summer and we were about to hit this diabolical heat wave with temps predicted to hit 130 deg Far. The dream was about me trying to make all these preparations but I kept getting off track and nothing was getting done. It was a terrifying dream but I am sort of an oddball who thinks dreams like that are kinda cool and there is nothing like that moment of realization when you wake up and realize it was just a dream. It always puts my everyday worries in great perspective.
    Underdawg736 and Detail Man like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast