Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wild Nicotine Dreams

Default Wild Nicotine Dreams

Since I have been using VG / ecigs, etc. I have noticed some VERY strange dreams. Many of them are repeated dreams of things that I would rather not see or do again.

Before I started using ecigs again, I was nicotine / tobacco free for about 4-5 months. I started on ecigs...out of boredom I guess. Ever since (that was about 2-3 months ago) I have been having odd, disturbing dreams of all kinds of subjects.

Sometimes I take Benadryl at night to help me sleep. I have heard that mixing ecigs (or any nicotine) with Benadryl might be the cause of these wierd dreams.

Have any of you been experiencing odd dreams that seem to coincide with your ecig use? I used to smoke and dip and I don't remember anything like this before.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Looting government buildings in a town near U!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when I was on the Nicoderm patch, some of the crazy dreams I had if I fell asleep with that thing on were out of this world. I'm talking about stuff that would make Stephen King and Clive Barker crawl up into a ball and cry.
    _sidekick_ likes this.

Nicotine has been shown to do this in the past. Joe Rogan has talked many times on his podcast about having the craziest dreams wearing a patch while sleeping. I would try lowing the nicotine strength.
    Cadaoryn likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I had heard about it in the patch and the lozenges but never had the crazy dreams till I started vaping.... I haven't been able to remember a dream in years so I am actually sort of liking it.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I have to cut way back on the nicotine before bedtime or I have vivid, scarey dreams...end of world type dreams. Cutting back they're still long and vivid but not eventful. I can handle that but I'd like to find a way to stop them without giving up vaping at night.

I had this problem also.. I usually never dream. If I do, I don't remember the dream when I wake. After vaping, I started having very vivid dreams and would remember every detail.

Lowered my nic intake before bedtime and the dreams stopped.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

The patch, and chantix both cause crazy nightmares for me!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by JuggaloJoe View Post
    Nicotine has been shown to do this in the past. Joe Rogan has talked many times on his podcast about having the craziest dreams wearing a patch while sleeping. I would try lowing the nicotine strength.
    And we know joe rogan utilizes other things for wild experiences. haha
    JuggaloJoe likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I tried the patch, didn't get any crazy dream, but that's just cuz I couldn't keep the damn thing lit.
    ridethespiral likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've been having weird dreams too lately. Took a nap this afternoon and had one of those inception type dreams. Was strange, got trapped and suffocated in all of them. Then I would wake up, and find myself later on somehow being trapped and suffocated again. Happened three times before I finally woke up. Even when I woke up, I didn't believe I actually did.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast