Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Heavy Breathing caused by too much nicotine? Anxiety???

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Well my breathing wasn't to bad smoking ciggerettes. But I figured that smoking an eciggerrette would help me breathe better and maybe get some of my taste buds working better. So basically I thought making the switch to an e-ciggerette would help me breathe better along with all of the other good things that come with quitting cigarettes.

  2. #12
    PV Master ECF Veteran patkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    The PG sensitivity folks have already jumped in here so I'll give another perspective. If you're using a high or 100% VG juice, that could cause it. The vapor is very thick and heavy (bigger molecules actually) and especially if you have asthma or similar, it can cause the heaviness you speak of but can even without it. It could also be the flavoring. Try to get by with as little of it as you can.... dilute what you already have if you have supplies to do that with and bringing the nic down isn't a problem for you. The other solution is .... don't inhale. I don't and quit inhaling six months after beginning to vape. I'm used to it now and am worry-free... not that I ever was worried. My grandfather was a pipe smoker and the lightbulb went on. You don't need to inhale to get your nic. Its absorbed in the mouth and nose if you exhale through it.

    Edit: Ooops... explaining better... flavoring is not a problem if you're not going to inhale... go as strong with it as you like. I'm enjoying the taste much more now, not inhaling, because I can use more flavoring. My lungs did not like strong flavoring... but that's just me... some don't have a problem with it but since you are experiencing a problem I mentioned it.
    Last edited by patkin; 12-17-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

  3. #13
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran RosaJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    Posts
    1,831

    Default

    My breathing improved tenfold since I started vaping. I no longer need a CPAP machine at night and sleep like a baby throughout the night without waking up once even to go to the bathroom. I smoked for more than 40 years.

    I haven't read the whole thread, but strongly suggest you see a doctor.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh View Post
    Hi James! See if you can find out the name brand of your E-liquid. Have you been exposed to cold temps such as shoveling snow, etc?
    I have not been exposed to cold temps. As far as the juice that I am smoking:

    Overstockecigs & More

    I believe there juices are 60 pg / 40 vg. All USA made, supposeable supposed to be good stuff. But who knows really, anybody can tell you anything.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    The PG sensitivity folks have already jumped in here so I'll give another perspective. If you're using a high or 100% VG juice, that could cause it. The vapor is very thick and heavy (bigger molecules actually) and especially if you have asthma or similar, it can cause the heaviness you speak of but can even without it. It could also be the flavoring. Try to get by with as little of it as you can.... dilute what you already have if you have supplies to do that with and bringing the nic down isn't a problem for you. The other solution is .... don't inhale. I don't and quit inhaling six months after beginning to vape. I'm used to it now and am worry-free... not that I ever was worried. My grandfather was a pipe smoker and the lightbulb went on. You don't need to inhale to get your nic. Its absorbed in the mouth and nose if you exhale through it.

    Edit: Ooops... explaining better... flavoring is not a problem if you're not going to inhale... go as strong with it as you like. I'm enjoying the taste much more now, not inhaling, because I can use more flavoring. My lungs did not like strong flavoring... but that's just me... some don't have a problem with it but since you are experiencing a problem I mentioned it.
    So I should try a PG based juice if I am having trouble breathing with the vg/pg mix? You said the vapor is thick with VG so I assume maybe a all PG based juice might do the trick?

  6. #16
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Sweetab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,190
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Try a 50/50 vg/pg juice, not all pg. Lower the nic to 12, and don't inhale the vapor like a cigarette. Keep it in your mouth, swish it around, and exhale through your nose. No deep lung inhales. Try some other nic levels 0, 6,12mg.
    I vape therefore I am ~ It's a vape thing...you wouldn't understand!-Provari Mini-chi you clone-itaste v3-itaste mvp1&2-many colors ego twists,ego vv/v3, Sigelei Legend,Hammer,Nemi clone.Gourmet e-juice afficianado.Vaping for 3+ years


  7. #17
    Sdh
    Sdh is offline
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    10,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesFicker View Post
    I have not been exposed to cold temps. As far as the juice that I am smoking:

    Overstockecigs & More

    I believe there juices are 60 pg / 40 vg. All USA made, supposeable supposed to be good stuff. But who knows really, anybody can tell you anything.
    I just looked at a few of the eliquids at Overstockecigs. The last ingredient is food coloring on the non tobaccos. What flavors are you vaping?
    Honestly, I would try a different brand that has minimal flavorings.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

  8. #18
    Ultra Member Verified Member AmandaD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Did I read that you just quit smoking yesterday because you thought it would help your breathing? Sounds like you need to see a doctor right away.....breathing doesn't improve after one day without cigarettes in any event! Rule out any medical issues first imo....
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

  9. #19
    Sdh
    Sdh is offline
    ECF Guru ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    10,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesFicker View Post
    I think you misunderstood me. the highest nicotine in my tank is 18 mg juice. if the highest nicotine in your tank is 18 even if there are two 18s in there the levels can't go over what 18 mg levels should be right? because I have 0-mg blueberry pomegranite, 18 mg apple, 18 mg blueberry, and 12 mg hypnosis all mixed together. A little bit of each until my tank was full.
    The apple and hypnoisis has food coloring listed as a ingredient.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdh View Post
    I just looked at a few of the eliquids at Overstockecigs. The last ingredient is food coloring on the non tobaccos. What flavors are you vaping?
    Honestly, I would try a different brand that has minimal flavorings.
    That makes since. I am only smoking non-tobaccos right now. currently mixed i have Blueberry, apple, hypnosis and blueberry pomegranite. So those are all non-tobaccos.

    I also have an m-blend 24-mg from that website (This is not currently in my tank). It's a tobacco flavor I am pretty sure. Does that one have any food coloring?

    As far as the food coloring goes, how could you tell. On all of the bottles that I have from that store, they all just say (0<3.5). And that is on all of the bottles im pretty sure so how could you tell this im confused. ?

    To add to things and maybe help figure this out. I hit my PV a couple times just to see if I could figure anything else out and i started itching at little on my face. Is this a pg symptom or a vg symptom. I am definately not giving up. I am working really hard reading trying to figure out my route to take.
    Last edited by Way2Gone; 12-18-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks