Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Your nicotine only experience

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    104

    Default Your nicotine only experience

    What I mean by that is, do you vapers feel you're getting as much of a high from vaping as when you smoked tobacco, if indeed, you ever smoked tobacco.

    I've learned that the other chemicals in tobacco apparently add to the effect of nicotine. Whenever I smoked roll ups, in particular, the first one of the day or the first one after a few hours of not smoking, it would go to my head and make me feel woozy, which I enjoyed.

    Started vaping this week and haven't smoked since tuesday. Tbh, I haven't really craved for a roll up that much which is excellent as I definitely am getting a nicotine fix. I have two clearomisers on the go at the moment, swapping between 18mg dekang blueberry flavour and 24mg dekang tobacco flavour.

    BUT, I don't really feel I'm getting that light headed buzz, that RUSH, that tobacco gave me, even on 24mg. It's not a deal breaker for me, but I do miss that part of real tobacco. Am I alone with this or have others experienced the same? When I started vaping, I thought and hoped nicotine is all that is needed. I don't feel I'll go back to smoking as vaping is quite satisfying for me at the moment, much more so than I thought it would be. But it's a pity that some of the buzz I was used to and enjoyed for the past 38 years would seem to be partly due to the other crap chemicals in tobacco which I don't wish to contaminate my lungs with anymore. I often wonder if this is just psychological simply because I'm not smoking a real lit tobacco cigarette, but I don't think it is, I'm pretty sure nicotine alone at probably any strength doesn't quite deliver all the high of a rollup or cigarette. True or false?
    Last edited by Danny55; 12-22-2013 at 09:15 PM.
    MorpheusPA and iGalileo like this.

  2. #2
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    I noticed the same. The first cig in the morning was a real nic buzz, the first vape isn't and never has been, even when I was vaping 22 mg/ml.

    I rather like that. I can do without the racing heart, ringing in the ears, and dizziness.

    Actually, there's no real pressure for me to get the first vape in the morning, unlike the cigarette. I can puddle around, get dressed, and then finally pick it up. It's a desire, not a need.
    Danny55 and Deeo like this.

    My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    I noticed the same. The first cig in the morning was a real nic buzz, the first vape isn't and never has been, even when I was vaping 22 mg/ml.

    I rather like that. I can do without the racing heart, ringing in the ears, and dizziness.

    Actually, there's no real pressure for me to get the first vape in the morning, unlike the cigarette. I can puddle around, get dressed, and then finally pick it up. It's a desire, not a need.
    That's a good way to look at it. And yes, you nailed it when you said 'racing heart'. I've not had that since vaping, and the racing heart is definitely something that is associated with the higher rush of tobacco.
    MorpheusPA likes this.

  4. #4
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    I did notice that WTAs (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid liquids) were a touch buzzier than regular ones, but not very much. I'd say if you were looking for the buzz, it might be worth a try, but I wouldn't make a large dollar outlay as it's probably not going to do it for you.

    They still don't have the racing heart thing, which both of us dislike anyway. They did supply...something...that helped me finally quit the cigarettes, and once I could go to just regular liquids, I did that.
    Danny55 likes this.

    My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    I did notice that WTAs (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid liquids) were a touch buzzier than regular ones, but not very much. I'd say if you were looking for the buzz, it might be worth a try, but I wouldn't make a large dollar outlay as it's probably not going to do it for you.

    They still don't have the racing heart thing, which both of us dislike anyway. They did supply...something...that helped me finally quit the cigarettes, and once I could go to just regular liquids, I did that.
    I didn't mind the racing heart tbh, it's just something that you reminded me happens because of the higher rush. Someone on another sub forum here said to me when I first joined and started vaping, "If you're looking for a "rush" then look into a dripping atomizer and put some of that 18mg liquid in it." Do you know if that holds any water (no pun intended ), would it give me a better 'woozy' rush?
    MorpheusPA likes this.

  6. #6
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    Possibly. 18 never caused me any buzz no matter what I did. 22, now that gave me a buzz (but also sent me into nicotine overload with associated symptoms). But everybody differs, and a dripping atty is more likely to give you a good kick than anything else!

    My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

  7. #7
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MorpheusPA View Post
    Possibly. 18 never caused me any buzz no matter what I did. 22, now that gave me a buzz (but also sent me into nicotine overload with associated symptoms). But everybody differs, and a dripping atty is more likely to give you a good kick than anything else!

    I need to look into a good dripper then. I'm vaping 24 at the moment, and yes, the throat kick is much stronger than the 18 and a slightly elevated feeling of nicotine in my system, but not much better than the 18. As the novelty of vaping is new to me, I think I'm taking more nicotine in than I probably normally do. With a rollup, it would start, then burn down and finish and I'd stub it out. But there's no finish to these vaping machines short of using up all the juice which I could never do in one continuous session, so I keep on vaping, lol.
    MorpheusPA likes this.

  8. #8
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    That is one thing, there's no real feel for when a "session" ends. I find myself satisfying my (rather low) nic craving at this point and putting it down. All things considered, a cigarette probably lasted 3 to 4 minutes, I may only hit my vape for fifteen seconds.

    My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

  9. #9
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Rickajho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    7,226

    Default

    The whole point of quitting smoking is to get rid of it's unhealthy implications. And my heart racing and feeling it pounding through my chest wall 40 times a day every time I lit up? Yeah - I figure it was probably a good idea that's gone. And no - I don't miss it.

  10. #10
    PV Master ECF Veteran emus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,804

    Default

    zero high for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks