Iluvthearmy - Page 101
Page 101 of 276 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2760
Like Tree4942Likes

Thread: Iluvthearmy

Divine Bovine Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Here's your daily hug and giggle AG

salemgold and Glam like this.

If today I can touch someone's life with kindness, my day has been a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinia View Post
    Here's your daily hug and giggle AG

Damn....maybe I shouldn't have retired.

Moo Love looks pretty good.

WWW.NOTCIGS.COM You're a Pro - so vape like one with a BuzzPro.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran kwcharlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvthearmy View Post
    You like scifi and short stories. Check out Robert Heinleins "green hills of earth" great collection of short stories
    Heinlein is god but you have to check out Neal Stephenson, copied this for you:
    This was followed by Cryptonomicon in 1999, a novel concerned with concepts ranging from computing and Alan Turing's research into codebreaking and cryptography during the Second World War at Bletchley Park, to a modern attempt to set up a data haven. It has subsequently been reissued in three separate volumes in some countries, including in French and Spanish translations.
    The Baroque Cycle, Stephenson's next and to date most epic work, is a series of long historical novels set in the 17th and 18th centuries, and is in some respects a prequel to Cryptonomicon. It was originally published in three volumes of two or three books each – Quicksilver (2003), The Confusion (2004) and The System of the World (2004) – but was subsequently republished as eight separate books: Quicksilver, King of the Vagabonds, Odalisque, Bonanza, Juncto, Solomon's Gold, Currency, and System of the World. (The titles and exact break-down varies in different markets.)
    Stephenson's most recently published novel is Anathem (2008), a very long and detailed work, perhaps best described as speculative fiction. It is set in an Earth-like world (perhaps in an alternate reality), deals with metaphysics and refers heavily to Ancient Greek philosophy - while at the same time being a complex commentary on the insubstantiality of today's contemporary society.

Haven’t got to Anathem, do a lot of books on tape and it IS NOT for that kind of light “hearing”, you’ll never think of gold and Newton the same again after the Baroque Cycle and even if you don’t get into subs Crytonomicon is GREAT.

My take on Iraq is the same as yours, some of the finest people I have ever worked with and the people, Police and Iraqi Military respected me, always going to through “proper channels” to find out what I was doing there. No “hold-ups” at the job to check what the “Yankee Devil” was doing like the rest of the ME. It’s been almost 8 years since I’ve been there, left saying I’d be back in a few years, at the most, after you boys cleared up their leadership problem.

Stay safe, and don't let the bad apples get to you
    Last edited by kwcharlie; 08-25-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

LOL AG you won't need any books by the time you get done reading here

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Moo back at cha Bov.
    Bovinia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by salemgold View Post
    LOL AG you won't need any books by the time you get done reading here
    And I PM’ed him a Demonoid invite code, like he didn’t have enough distraction files and Forums .
    Everyone should be interested if our boys over there can use PtoP, would think NOT, only the possibility that they may be using to be bad enough for our government to ban the whole thing IMHO , getting legal files NOT IMPORTANT to them, only their happiness involved
    salemgold likes this.

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home) leary's Avatar

demonoid kinda annoyed me today. sure the thing had 18 seeds, but only 2 were connectable.

goes with the users, wish i had a better ratio, many excuses but most D seaders better than me

Full Member Team ECF (folding@home) leary's Avatar

same here.

got go to GOM, stay safe AG and everyone, I'll do same, GOM better than last job in Mexico but won't pay as well. Maybe I'll have internet out there
    salemgold and Bovinia like this.