Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: Tech support AREA ! POST HERE FOR TECH SUPPORT PLEASE !!!

Divine Bovine Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Yup, 6 month warranty

If today I can touch someone's life with kindness, my day has been a success.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have one of the first original Infinitys, It stopped working one day so it was put away for awhile, then I read about alcohol baths and tried it, it fired back up but I cannot adjust voltage, its stuck at 6 volts. My question, is there a fix? If not can it be sent in for a repair, or is it obsolete and not repairable? Thanks for any information

ECF Veteran

Clock, are you able to turn the dial or does it read 6v no matter where you set the dial?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hi Bovina, Thanks for the reply, I am able to turn the dial and it reads the 6 volts no matter where the dial is.

ECF Veteran

Bummer When you gave it a bath, how long did you let it soak in the alcohol, and did you let it dry over night?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran BuzzKill's Avatar

We do not have any more OLD Infinity PCB;s so we cannot repair them anymore , let it dry longer , blow it out with a hairdryer too and see if that helps.

Help!!! I was just puffing away on my Buzz Pro and it stopped firing so I figured it was time to change the batteries (I was comming up on 24 hours so no biggie). When I turned it over to unscrew the bottom cap it was just hanging there - the brass disk bitby itself. The threads are still nside the Buzz. I can't get the batteries out at all. I can't even turn the unit off. Seriously freaked out here.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran BuzzKill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlowTalker View Post
    Help!!! I was just puffing away on my Buzz Pro and it stopped firing so I figured it was time to change the batteries (I was comming up on 24 hours so no biggie). When I turned it over to unscrew the bottom cap it was just hanging there - the brass disk bitby itself. The threads are still nside the Buzz. I can't get the batteries out at all. I can't even turn the unit off. Seriously freaked out here.
    OK the bottom cap came apart ! there is a PIN that is in the metal part this slides into a hole on the plastic threads , the screw goes through both parts .

Ok there is a hole in the plastic threads ( small one ) stick a pin in it and try to remove the threads then reassemble the bottom cap and tighten it real good ( nut inside )

Okay - does the teeny rollpin that fell out go in that hole and the corresponding hole on the bottom brass bit? The rest of the cap is back together BTW - thank you! Just need to know what to do with the rollpin.
    Last edited by SlowTalker; 04-11-2012 at 02:32 AM.

ECF Veteran

I'm pretty sure you are right about the little pin Slow. I don't have the delrin bottom cap to look at tho. Glad you got it back together!

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast