IVAQS Project Briefing - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: IVAQS Project Briefing

  1. #11
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motivaper View Post
    Is there any new news on this study?
    None? Nada? Zip? Zilch?

  2. #12
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seymour,IN.
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Im sorry..but how is it possible that this thread has only 12 posts ? Seriously..........

    Yet there are threads with 100's of posts on whether watching porn is cheating or why is my juice not producing TH..WoW

    Or is it o.k. that these people basically flushed all that money down a toilet ? Are they not going to be held accountable ?

    And most importantly did we learn anything ?

  3. #13
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlike36 View Post
    Im sorry..but how is it possible that this thread has only 12 posts ? Seriously..........

    Yet there are threads with 100's of posts on whether watching porn is cheating or why is my juice not producing TH..WoW

    Or is it o.k. that these people basically flushed all that money down a toilet ? Are they not going to be held accountable ?

    And most importantly did we learn anything ?
    I don't know all the details of the group behind the study yet but will go back and find out.

    I think that just as in life, many people aren't interested in politics, activism, science, testing, research, big business, etc., until something effects them personally. As long as most aren't feeling at risk of losing their right to vape, they're content to leave the politics to the politicians! We can't force people to be proactive, but the easier it can be made for people to become aware of the need for their assistance, and show them some ways to help, the bigger the difference we can make collectively.

  4. #14
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seymour,IN.
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Motivaper View Post
    I don't know all the details of the group behind the study yet but will go back and find out.

    I think that just as in life, many people aren't interested in politics, activism, science, testing, research, big business, etc., until something effects them personally. As long as most aren't feeling at risk of losing their right to vape, they're content to leave the politics to the politicians! We can't force people to be proactive, but the easier it can be made for people to become aware of the need for their assistance, and show them some ways to help, the bigger the difference we can make collectively.
    I agree...100%. It just REALLY bothers me..that GOOD HONEST people and vendors put up hard earned cash....only to be "taken for a ride."

  5. #15
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    yvilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warlike36 View Post
    I agree...100%. It just REALLY bothers me..that GOOD HONEST people and vendors put up hard earned cash....only to be "taken for a ride."
    Why should you make such an assumption?

    As far as I am aware, a second data collection run has been done, the raw data is therefore all in, and what remains is the necessary analysis by an air quality scientist. Actual publication of the study in a reputable journal is the ultimate goal, but the needed funds for that final stage, an immense amount of work, have not been obtained yet. To be clear, it was known at the outset that all the needed funding had not been collected yet, and the decision was to go ahead with data collection, with the goal and hope of continuing fundraising to obtain enough for publication of the study.

    In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

  6. #16
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    Why should you make such an assumption?

    As far as I am aware, a second data collection run has been done, the raw data is therefore all in, and what remains is the necessary analysis by an air quality scientist. Actual publication of the study in a reputable journal is the ultimate goal, but the needed funds for that final stage, an immense amount of work, have not been obtained yet. To be clear, it was known at the outset that all the needed funding had not been collected yet, and the decision was to go ahead with data collection, with the goal and hope of continuing fundraising to obtain enough for publication of the study.
    For me, there is a concern about "who" I'm contributing to, not about the purpose of, or need for the study. It is a CRUCIAL study, and an accurate and honest outcome will be very important for us all to know. I doubt anyone was "taken for a ride" but I wonder if, in spite of all good intentions, the people who organized the study might have done so prematurely. If the outcome is unfavorable, the critics and the media will be all over it and it will be front page news. If the outcome is favorable, however, we will feel good about it, and might even say "told ya so", but, knowing the stance and power of governments and "anti" vaping/smoking crusaders, and the media, the question on my mind is HOW the organizers intend to handle, or create an information flow so it does maximum good?

    I know that I see and "feel" the benefits of an organization like CASAA on a daily basis. They're very visible and equally transparent about their business. NVC seems to be more loosely put together, and that concerns me that while they have the right motivation, they may or may not have the strength or ability. I applaud anyone who does something to promote awareness of the positive things we know so far about vaping, and I want to financially support the studies underway or needed, but I need to know more about "who" I'm giving money to.

  7. #17
    DC2
    DC2 is offline
    I'm Chucked Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    19,025

    Default

    I have contributed a lot of money to CASAA, but only $100 to this IVAQS project.

    From what I have seen, the money I donated to CASAA is well spent.
    From what I have seen so far, money given to NVC is a crap shoot.

    I think there is an "internal" reason why NVC does not post here much, if at all.

    And for that I don't really blame them, unless they should be to blame.
    Because I really don't know the story very well.

    But the lack of information on this forum regarding what is happening with my money is disturbing.
    Although I kinda suspected that might be the case going in.

    It seems to me they are two different organizations with two different approaches.
    However, disorganization is not something I'm willing to support for long.
    Last edited by DC2; 06-07-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    JustJulie and rocks82 like this.

  8. #18
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seymour,IN.
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    Why should you make such an assumption?

    As far as I am aware, a second data collection run has been done, the raw data is therefore all in, and what remains is the necessary analysis by an air quality scientist. Actual publication of the study in a reputable journal is the ultimate goal, but the needed funds for that final stage, an immense amount of work, have not been obtained yet. To be clear, it was known at the outset that all the needed funding had not been collected yet, and the decision was to go ahead with data collection, with the goal and hope of continuing fundraising to obtain enough for publication of the study.
    Did you listen to this ? IVAQS Update 04/08 by kevbow | Blog Talk Radio All of it ? I did, and that is why I stated we/they were taken for a ride. I assumed..nothing.

  9. #19
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    yvilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Yes, you did assume. Wrongly.

    The second data collection run took place, after that admitted disaster of an "update" (yes, I heard it).

    There are a lot of people throwing around unfounded and wild accusations and rumors. While the initial speaking out on the first set of data without the benefit of a full understanding of what the raw numbers meant was a huge mistake, nobody has been "taken", and the study is yet to be finalized, as I wrote above (and yes, I donated too).

    In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

  10. #20
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA Kentucky
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yvilla View Post
    Yes, you did assume. Wrongly.

    The second data collection run took place, after that admitted disaster of an "update" (yes, I heard it).

    There are a lot of people throwing around unfounded and wild accusations and rumors. While the initial speaking out on the first set of data without the benefit of a full understanding of what the raw numbers meant was a huge mistake, nobody has been "taken", and the study is yet to be finalized, as I wrote above (and yes, I donated too).
    I donated too and I am encouraged by your comments. The "first set of data" - what was the data. Not exact data - but what is being measured -what type of data was gathered? If you know. Do you have any knowledge or feel of when it is to be "finalized". Or a lead for where good information about the study might be found?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks