First experince with mixing, need help with flavor percentages. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: First experince with mixing, need help with flavor percentages.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mikenet,
    It might help you to visit the Flavor Apprentice website flavorapprentice.com
    Here you find more detail/descriptions & sometimes reviews/recipes/percentages of the individual flavors.

I use cotton candy (or ethyl maltol) to reduce harshness & round out flavors (mostly tobaccos). Lorann & TFA are probably the same. I have the ethyl maltol from OneStop & just diluted it in PG.
    TFA Sweetener is sucralose and I use it sometimes if I need more "sweet". Some people don't want to use sucralose, so they rely on the cotton candy or some use marshmallow flavor.

I think if you take a look at the Flavor Apprentice site, you might also gain some clues about your chocolate mix. I've never used the TFA chocolate, but from their description it's not really a stand alone flavor; rather a flavor more suited to blending with others.

Hope this helps you!
    Mikenet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrannyM View Post
    Mikenet,
    It might help you to visit the Flavor Apprentice website flavorapprentice.com
    Here you find more detail/descriptions & sometimes reviews/recipes/percentages of the individual flavors.

I use cotton candy (or ethyl maltol) to reduce harshness & round out flavors (mostly tobaccos). Lorann & TFA are probably the same. I have the ethyl maltol from OneStop & just diluted it in PG.
    TFA Sweetener is sucralose and I use it sometimes if I need more "sweet". Some people don't want to use sucralose, so they rely on the cotton candy or some use marshmallow flavor.

I think if you take a look at the Flavor Apprentice site, you might also gain some clues about your chocolate mix. I've never used the TFA chocolate, but from their description it's not really a stand alone flavor; rather a flavor more suited to blending with others.

Hope this helps you!
    Great resource, If I knew about that before I would have gotten the double chocolate flavor instead. I suppose I'll have to probably cut this flavor with another but I'm thinking I can still salvage it.

Thanks for the link, I love the detailed descriptions.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Kimerpuff's Avatar

Mike,

The cotton candy from Flavor Apprentice is the one that is EM in PG not LorAnns
    Get in touch with your DIY side! - http://www.OneStopDIYShop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kimerpuff View Post
    Mike,

The cotton candy from Flavor Apprentice is the one that is EM in PG not LorAnns
    Thanks for the info, the other poster might have made a typo. I suppose I'll go with the TFA cotton candy then.

Im still waiting on a response about my nicotine from the distributor to find out if the taste is normal. Ive vaped 24mg premixed many times without the odd flavor so Im thinking they either have cleaner tasting nic, or they know what to add to the nic to dampen the taste. I'll have to wait and see because it will be a shame to waste all these flavors on a nicotine that might just taste bad. I will try recovering the chocolate with these tips though.

Super Member ECF Veteran

For my 3ml test batches I have been using about 15 drops of flavor (combined/total) with a 2.5ml 18mg 50PG/50VG nic base. At least for me it seems to work and gives me a good idea if the mic needs more flavor.... or if I need to tweak a flavor.

Haven't had the samples steeping for any amount of time. But figured that the 5 apple drop and 10 waffle drops sort of drown out the waffle flavor. If the waffle doesn't steep out a bit more will know to change the waffle to 15. Was also thinking it might go over the top with a drop or so of some cinnamon to compliment the apple.

I only have a few test batches under my belt. Good juice calculator and trial and error has been what I have been using.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12