Why has no lab tested the E cigs???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why has no lab tested the E cigs???

Exclamation Why has no lab tested the E cigs???

With all the controversy, why has NOBODY done a full lab test of the safety and side effects of the e cig, and the pg vg juices. It just doesn't make sense. These have been out a few years now. I mean they tested cigarettes with smoking machines, isn't there anyone out there that will test these?????????????????????????????????

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

There have been tests by the FDA. The FDA tests are not very favorable towards e-cigs.
    As you explore more of the other areas at ECF. You'll find the forums that talk about this issue and a lot more. Much, much more. And off site please check out yvillas post below for the casaa.org link for non-FDA biased information.
    Last edited by sanfordf; 07-06-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Gear: EGOs, Go-Gos, Indulgences, E-Power, Lava Tube, GGTB & ELIPS Mix. Thanks to: ECF, MadVapes, Totally Wicked, Nhaler, Vapor Kings, GreenHouseOne, EastMall, Healthcabin, GotVapes, LorAnns & XtremeVaping.

ECF Veteran

It sounds like you've been snowed by all the lies being publicized about ecigs. Here are a whole bunch of studies:

CASAA.org

And that's not even all of them.

In case anyone's wondering WHY I still have the SD as my sig, it's because I got my first ecig in January 2008 but still smoked for 10 months, until I got my first SD. I have other APVs, but also still love and use my SD (with a Bulli on top). I will be forever grateful to Trog for saving my life!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The lies are getting worse yvilla. Did you know that there is not only "anti-freeze" but also "windshield washer fluid" in e-liquid? Also e-cigs users are smoking dope, in order to get high in airplanes?

The lies are getting so ridiculous, they are becoming laughable to those of us who know differently. Unfortunately, those who don't know differently, believe anything that is said by so called "reputable" groups and organizations.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

ECF Veteran

I see a fellow hoosier...yes,when Billions of dollars are at stake.... Nothing surprises me..

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dale5671 View Post
    With all the controversy, why has NOBODY done a full lab test of the safety and side effects of the e cig, and the pg vg juices. It just doesn't make sense. These have been out a few years now. I mean they tested cigarettes with smoking machines, isn't there anyone out there that will test these?????????????????????????????????
    good question, I am wondering that myself.

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What if a Good study came out and found that e-Cig were harmless? Wouldn't Big tobacco have a fit? Can have the analog makers going broke now can we.

But what would happen if the study found that they were harmfull? Then the Fed and State governments couldn't regulate and tax them without fear of lawsuits.

It's kinda a "Catch 22" situation for both sides. For and Against.

Remember: There is Big money to be Gained and Big money to be Lost. No one wants to rush into anything quickly just yet.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Top Ten Myths - Sticky?

I believe Kristin wrote a piece called "Top Ten E-Cigarette Myths" or something similar. Perhaps it needs it's own thread and FAQ Sticky?

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRM View Post
    The lies are getting worse yvilla. Did you know that there is not only "anti-freeze" but also "windshield washer fluid" in e-liquid? Also e-cigs users are smoking dope, in order to get high in airplanes?

The lies are getting so ridiculous, they are becoming laughable to those of us who know differently. Unfortunately, those who don't know differently, believe anything that is said by so called "reputable" groups and organizations.
    Funny that everyone quotes the antifreeze thing. I first saw it in the FDA report. They need to qualify that statement with some other food products. Sunbeam Premium Snow Cone Syrup (made in Florida) and sold at Kmart lists propylene glycol as an ingredient. So, does that mean that kids on playgrounds have antifreeze in their snow cones? Sheesh!
    jpargana likes this.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Funny that everyone quotes the antifreeze thing. I first saw it in the FDA report. They need to qualify that statement with some other food products. Sunbeam Premium Snow Cone Syrup (made in Florida) and sold at Kmart lists propylene glycol as an ingredient. So, does that mean that kids on playgrounds have antifreeze in their snow cones? Sheesh!
    Dave: FDA was referring to diethylene glycol as "an ingredient found in antifreeze", not the propylene glycol.

FDA and Public Health Experts Warn About Electronic Cigarettes

FDA and Public Health Experts Warn About Electronic Cigarettes

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced that a laboratory analysis of electronic cigarette samples has found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.
    (Emhapsis added).

PG is listed as an ingredient in e-cigarette liquids, and the FDA did not take issue at all with PG. We don't know how DEG turned up in 1 of 18 cartridges tested. DEG is used as a humectant to keep tobacco moist. The nicotine in e-cig liquid is extracted from tobacco. Maybe that's how the DEG got in there. On the other hand, the Chinese have been known to dilute PG with DEG (DEG apparently costs less?), which has caused deaths and injuries in other countries as a result of consumption of DEG through cough syrups and acetaminophen syrup. So perhaps a little DEG crept into the PG the company was using to manufacture the e-cigarette liquid. Another possibility is that the FDA lab made a mistake. We just don't know.

What we do know is this:

The quantity of DEG in the liquid is mega-levels below the amount that could cause illness. At 1% of 1 ml., it would take consumption of about a gallon of "smoke juice" for a 150 pound person to reach the minimal risk level dosage of 0.8 mg/kg/day -- but that's assuming that all the DEG makes it into your body.

No lab has ever found any DEG in the vapor.
    Last edited by Vocalek; 07-07-2010 at 02:32 PM.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast