Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: PV Juice Ingredients

Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

"Appealing to Kids" - a smokescreen!

Cigarettes are sold to "adults only" because they can be deadly - number 1 cause of cancer and highly addictive. Makes perfect sense. Still - 1000's of kids start smoking around the world every minute. The appeal is obviously NOT the very bad smell or the ....y flavor of burnt tar.

PV's are also for "adults only". No doubt kids will want to try them. No doubt they will find a way to buy them. No doubt that as long as we have children in the world - and things we don't want children to do - children will find a way to do them.

...won't matter if that "thing" tastes like strawberry or burnt tires.....
    old hippy likes this.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The antis like to claim that other tobacco products function as a "gateway" to smoking cigarettes. I wonder how many kids that started with a smokeless product would have proceeded to smoking if they had known the truth. As long as all other products are painted to be equally harmful as smoking, there is no incentive to NOT proceed to smoking.

I think back to the 60s when many kids were experimenting with drugs. Probably the vast majority tried out smoking the stuff that comes from the hemp plant, but very few ever tried out the "hard" drugs, because they believed those were much more dangerous. I suspect many more would have gone on to the hard drugs if they believed there was no difference in health risks.
    old hippy and Sundodger like this.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRose View Post
    You know what, I hope the government does have it's spies monitoring this site. I want them to know that the people of America are getting fed up with all of their assinine rules and regulations, the taking away of our freedoms as adults to determine what is best for us, and the turning of our country into a communist totalitarian nation. And I just dare them to try and arrest me for my free speech. Wake up America, it's time we took back control of our own lives. Stop letting BIG BROTHER tell us what we can and cannot do even in our own homes. This insanity has got to be brought to an end. Let our votes at election time show them we mean business. Vote them all out and put in the average Joe's, not the rich career politicians who don't give a rat's a** about us.
    omg they are watching?!!!!!
    jlew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalek View Post
    The antis like to claim that other tobacco products function as a "gateway" to smoking cigarettes. I wonder how many kids that started with a smokeless product would have proceeded to smoking if they had known the truth. As long as all other products are painted to be equally harmful as smoking, there is no incentive to NOT proceed to smoking.

I think back to the 60s when many kids were experimenting with drugs. Probably the vast majority tried out smoking the stuff that comes from the hemp plant, but very few ever tried out the "hard" drugs, because they believed those were much more dangerous. I suspect many more would have gone on to the hard drugs if they believed there was no difference in health risks.
    noone was smoking anyhting from a hemp plant, if they did they would have to have smoked a rolled up the size of a telephone pole to get anything from it.

Just takes a couple of people on the news to say that e-cigs are a gateway to tobacco (OH NO) and everyone's mother will be freaking out if there kids come home smelling like blueberries

Senior Member ECF Veteran

As a card carrying liberal, I'd like to thank the FDA for making sure snake oil salesmen don't rip off my grandmother and fly-by-night Chinese mercury peddlers don't kill my grandchildren with "get smart quick" syrups aimed at unsuspecting young parents.

PVs are unproven and untested in the scientific community, the FDA is naturally interested.

That being said, GET UR GUDDUM GOBBIMENT HANDS OFF MY VAPE.
    kelm and jlew like this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by MoonRose View Post

So how can the FDA try to claim PV's are more dangerous or just as dangerous as analogs if what we are using is only 8 of the almost 4000 ingredients. I'm tired and can't do the math right now, but 8 out of 4000 is a very small fraction and in my way of thinking a very small risk compared to the alternative of smoking analogs.
    Your post illustrates the point perfectly.

On the other hand.......

They just want to tax/regulate it. For that, they have nicotine. The rest of the hoopla was created as a smear campaign so that people can thank the FDA for saving them from the next great pariah. Why else would the FDA lie by omission concerning the nitrosamines?? For the headlines, of course.

Look at what's happening in Europe. Again, they just attack the nicotine.

I have always had a theory as far as how this would go down in the US. I said that all the legal wrangling was there so as to allow a select few companies to gain a strong retail foothold. Once that was done, they would go after internet sales. While my theory did not impress TPTB, the way things are going it is still valid as that is what appears to be happening.
    Last edited by throatkick; 12-25-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm thinking that they need to outlaw analogs cigs before they even think about banning e-cigs. Has anybody out there thought of this idea for approach against the FDA and the government?
    AzPlumber and jlew like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think if the FDA allowed my to buy cigarettes for over thirty years the least they can do is allow me to enjoy my e-cig for thirty more.
    old hippy, jlew and Tail11 like this.
    No Matter How Good She Looks, Someone Somewhere Is Tired Of Her Crap

ECF Moderator
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

this was from old battle...8/2010...closing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12