Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ecig Enemy Motive?

Senior Member ECF Veteran Bustastew's Avatar

Default Ecig Enemy Motive?

Anyone who has researched the ecig will understand that their proclaimed motives to ban it are incorrect. I believe they know the real facts but have other motives to ban it.

Together we can find information that would establish a motive to snuff out the ecig!

American Cancer Society Boycott

Please post all researched information found on the so called non profit health organizations fighting against your freedom to vape!

I will post more here as I find time to research =)
    Mac, Sundrinkr and Tjdz like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Great link Bustastew! Thanks, it is just what I have been looking for. Similar and equally serious conflicts exist within the American Heart Association and the American Lung Association as well.

Misguided Gentleman Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Great find !!!!! Last year, when my friend's wife was dying of cancer, the ACS did nothing to help her. After she had passed away, they had the nerve to send him a request for a donation. He threw it in the wastebasket.
    Fulgurant likes this.
    DON'T go back to smoking, no matter what the FDA does.
    Going back to smoking will be a huge loss for you, in more ways than one.

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As a former ACS employee (I was fired by them 20 years ago because they claimed I was an anti smoking zealot), and although I strongly oppose ACS's opposition to tobacco harm reduction products and policies (which is primarily due to John Seffrin outsourcing ACS tobacco policy to CTFK, and because GlaxoSmithKline has given ACS tens of millions of dollars for exclusively endorsing their nicotine products Nicoderm, Nicorette and Commit lozenges), the claims posted on that environmental extremist weblink are absurd.

Environmental extremists (who want to ban virtually all sources of energy and many/most man made chemicals) have falsely claimed for decades that most cancers are caused by the burning of fossil fuels, nuclear power plants, and man made chemicals.

In fact, tens of thousands of scientific studies have consistently found that cigarette smoking is by far the leading cause of preventable cancer deaths.
    aikanae1 and Fulgurant like this.

Executive Director
    Smokefree Pennsylvania
    Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That website also touts totally ineffective cancer treatments marketed by greedy charlatans.

Although some ACS policies and activities have been coopted by wealthy drug companies (with tobacco harm reduction being the most extreme example), the vast majority of ACS policies are based upon sound scientific evidence.

Super Member ECF Veteran

If by "...sound scientific evidence." you are referring to the science of 'economics', I would sadly have to agree, but other science.....not so much.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This in spite of the absence of any objective evidence of improved survival rates or reduced mortality following chemotherapy for all but some relatively rare cancers. ACS corporate benefactors sell billions of dollars of chemotherapy drugs every year.
    I find it hard to believe that there is no evidence of improved survival rates or reduced mortality from chemotherapy. I know people who have been cured or close t it from chemotherapy.

Bill,

Skeptic by any chance? As far as the webpage, it comes from Jeff Rense. His wikipedia page mentions that he is a 9/11 conspiracy theorist, a holocaust denier, and seems to be concerned with something called a chemtrail (which probably means he wouldn't understand vaping).

Moved On

I had words with them in the past. They will never receive a dime from me. NEVER!!! Their information could have Killed Me!
    Let me clarify.

I was diagnosed with Prostate C in 2008. It was a trying time and I needed answers and fast as to how to treat this and what methods were available. I called them directly. You see, every cancer has specific things you can and cannot do, otherwise you can spur things on if you don't get the balance right. This is common knowledge with Holistic Doctors.

My call was to the ACS to see who in the area had answers, and to pick their brain as far as what direction to pursue .
    The ineptness of their society was ""astounding""! I cannot for the life of me, understand how a big and well established organization could be so useless AND could feed bad (and dangerous) info as well. Prostrate C is a "basic, and common" problem. The information (what little I could get) was useless and counterproductive, AND they had very little info on the subject. I am not is some rural backwoods area. Were talking Chicago here! Best they could offer was a support group so we could all hold hands and sing Kumbya ! And that was (maybe) once a month, IF they could drum up interest...No Thanks!

Bottom line is now I'm clean for the past 2 1/2 years, but have a BAD taste in my mouth for orgs like this. ANY cancer (by the way) needs to be starved of sugars and yeasts (dietary change). That's basic, and they didn't even know that!
    God was kind and the prayers of many were effective and God gave me direction to the proper sources which paid off...No Thanks to the ACS.
    They are a cash cow surviving on the suffering of others and need put in their place.
    Anyone who asks will immediately get my opinion on how inept they are.

Sorry. Had to vent on this one.
    JulzW, Marcus Gray and -Puffy- like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

They know. But how could they charge you 5k to sit in a chemo chair all day if all you needed to do was go on a keto diet?

Sick sad world we live in.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast