American Lung Association - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: American Lung Association

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Contacted the ALA and told them our story and success with e-cigs. I won't go into the entire email I sent but I will say it was a personal story and very polite. This was their response.

"Thank you for your email to the American Lung Association. Until the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determines that e-cigarettes are safe for consumers, the American Lung Association urges consumers not to use these products.
    The FDA conducted on limited study in July 2009 and found that the products contained carcinogens and toxic chemicals, including the ingredients found in anti-freeze. A study conducted at Virginia Commonwealth University and published in February 2010 found that e-cigarettes deliver little or no nicotine to users."

Nothing like listening to proof or having an open mind. Idiots!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It blows my mind that the Virginia Commonwealth University study showed that ecigs deliver little or no nicotine. How is this possible? If it delivered little or none how does it work for so many people? Is the issue with the ecig companies they used for the study? Total BS!

And yeah, I didn't expect much back from them to our replies. Thank you for contacting them Cliff. Don't stop trying though!

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Keep contacting them and don't accept the canned response. For example, I sent them the reference and link to the newer article that shows we do get nicotine, published by Bullard et al., in Tobacco Control in response to that part of their canned email. That PVs/e-cigs do deliver nicotine is important because the FDA can say something annoying like the following- they have carcinogens and they don't work- argh.

Anyway, after a few emails back and forth with the ALA, and them saying that it doesn't matter, they're sticking with the FDA's lead, I asked them to forward my request to the Board of directors. I'm planning to print and send a snail mail version addressed to the attention of the board of directors.

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by autumnbreeze View Post
    It blows my mind that the Virginia Commonwealth University study showed that ecigs deliver little or no nicotine. How is this possible? If it delivered little or none how does it work for so many people? Is the issue with the ecig companies they used for the study? Total BS!

And yeah, I didn't expect much back from them to our replies. Thank you for contacting them Cliff. Don't stop trying though!
    Spikey and I met personally with the researcher and discussed a variety of reasons why he got the results he did. For one thing, he was unaware at the time of his study that one puff from a tobacco cigarette requires 10 puffs from an electronic cigarette (on average) to get the same amount of nicotine. He instructed his subjects to take 10 puffs from their assigned product. So this was equivalent to the amount of nicotine you'd get if you only took one puff from your traditional cigarette. Not much.

Also, he has taken a look at other models that may deliver nicotine more effectively than the NJOY and Crown 7 products used in his study.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

To the ALA we are infidels and the only resolution that will ever make them happy is to accept their faith or die.

Why do you think evidence and facts don't matter? Because it's not about that it's about ideology.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    To the ALA we are infidels and the only resolution that will ever make them happy is to accept their faith or die.

Why do you think evidence and facts don't matter? Because it's not about that it's about ideology.
    It's about idiot-ology if you ask me.

----

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Email sent..and im sending a copy via post as well.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Instead of just sending emails, perhaps we should take things one step further, and visit them in person.

Or, even better, send some pulmonologists who are pro-vaping to visit them too.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by underwater goddess View Post
    Instead of just sending emails, perhaps we should take things one step further, and visit them in person.

Or, even better, send some pulmonologists who are pro-vaping to visit them too.
    Or bring their Gawd-awful advice into the public spotlight:

http://nicotinetruth.blogspot.com/20...s-smoking.html

You can Tweet this, or Share it to your Facebook page if you got the same letter I did.

----

Full Member ECF Veteran

the nice thing is, when the public googles American Lung Association eCigarette they will see the truth. Great links

american lung association ecigarette - Google Search

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast