The PIF thread: The concept here is that only Canadian ECF Verified members accept the latest offer, and then make one of their own. This is beneficial to those participating as it gives Canadian vapers a chance to try out new items they may other-wise not have a chance to try. In vaping it is important to find your “go to” vape. It is also part of the fun! However, this can get expensive as there are so many devices, accessories and liquids available to try. This is a way to give others the chance to try items that are not for you and for you to try out others as well.
Note: PIF-Canada members ship within Canada only. Members must have Verified status to participate.
Rules for the PIF thread.
1. All offers are BUYER BEWARE just like in the classifieds. ECF will not help you if you have a transaction that goes wrong. Moderators will try to mediate but there is no guarantee that anything can be done to secure such items.
2. If you post an offer, you may add to it or change it. However you can not withdraw the offer completely. Your offer is only withdrawn if someone makes a new offer and does not claim yours, but this is their choice.
If an offer has gone unaccepted for a while (a week?), then someone else may come in and place a new offer. The person placing the new offer can accept the offer that stalled the thread or not, but he/she is not entitled to any previous offers.Change: We will be experimenting with allowing multiple offers to be presented simultaneously to increase the amount of PIF's in the pot, although only one offer can be accepted by any one member at a time.
4. Please keep discussions to a minimum in the PIF thread.
5. When you accept an offer it is up to you to contact the one that is offering it. Send them a PM with a copy of what the offer is so there is no mistaking what was on the table at the time and your information so they may mail it to you.
6. If you are caught taking advantage of the offers you will be dismissed from the group and not allowed to participate. What constitutes taking advantage?: Taking big offers and offering little back on a regular basis. We know that new members don’t have much and that is to be expected but it won’t take long to get a stash going and be able to offer more things back to the group.
7. If you do not want the whole offer, tell the person making the offer in the PM you send them with your info. It will stop confusion on the board.
8. Once you accept an offer, please put up the next offer as soon as possible. A few minutes delay is ok, longer then 30 minutes to an hour is not.
9. If you are offering juice please label the bottle. Place all information on the bottle prior to sending (Supplier, Flavour, PG/VG ratio, Quantity etc.). All PIF bottles must have some form of label or accompanying note with them with such information. Do not offer juice over a year old, as it may not be safe for vaping.
10. Once you accept an offer and receive it, it is yours to do with as you please, with the exception of selling it for monetary gain.
11. Please try to mail your offers in a timely manner. If it is going to be more than a couple of days, please notify the person that is expecting it.
12. Please do not accept one offer right after another. Give other members a chance to accept something. Do not accept offers back to back. There are lot of us here, so please keep others needs and wishes in mind too.
13. Please do not PM a member unsolicited to ask for items because you have seen a member give in the past. This constitutes harassment and is a clear violation of ECF rules. Behaviour of this type will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
14. Offers can be anything e-cig related (and only e-cig related), with the exception of used cartomizers. They are not to be offered.
PIF-Canada is a new addition to an already great forum, so please understand that things may take a while to get going.
The most important Rule of all, have fun!