Gotcha. You using the ecf uploader, or do you use a free picture hosting site out on the Interwebz?
Originally Posted by SoUnique
Photobucket, Imgur and Tinypic are a few that are used/recommended around here. See if one of them suits your needs.
Originally Posted by SoUnique
Picture is posted, small but there
I am porting this over as per requested......As i read SoUnique's comment above me....let it stand now this is not centered at her at all.
You can put me on record as saying that i am very hesitant and reserved over the whole idea....BUT seeing as Dusty has gone and stuck his goose on the line were in the event this goes sour he is the one getting the not us, so in that sense i will give it a decent shot (much as if someone else i knew did the same).
This being said, a few suggestions i will also toss out there, as i have no idea at what point this would all go (yes it can be moved if the need is felt).
1) I am sure people do not want to post something and then wait, and wait for a response. So how about, like Dusty (i believe) said, when things are posted why not add a deadline for responses? I mean be it a month or a week having: Deadline for responses would not hurt.
2) Where possible, pictures should be included. More so in the swap area. I am sure the holds true where, where if it has a picture a person will get a (or more) responses then someone who does not. In this day and age where cell phones, tablets, and computers have the camera built in this should not be a issue.
3) Posts should say exactly what City, or town it is coming from. Reason being is that in the (un)likely event there is a n00b who is unvaried that needs/wants something from the PIF then they should have a verified member who can post the item/request on behalf of the n00b's behalf. The catch being the n00b and verified individual need to be in the same city/town and know each other real time. In the event the n00b and the verified individual wish to run a scam, game or use this to get the offering party in trouble, then then Verified individual has their verified (thus classified) rights on the line (leading to termination of both).
4) There should be a team of mediators (any volunteers aside from myself?). In the event of some dispute, the mediation shall be taken off site (through skype, yahoo, google hang out) where dispute can be handled. In the unlikely event that the mediator cannot reach a satisfactory agreement between person offering, and getting person, then the mediator can approach a op (say Dusty as example) with the full dispute, where the op will have the final and dare i say legal decision. Said final decision will be given to the giving and getting parties only. We have something wonderful here, and we need to seriously prove ourselves people, this suggestion should cut down on the drama and chasing someone off the forum just because you thought you were going to get the dancing monkey doing the banana splits with what you thought was a actual provari but instead got a lava tube for free. (gee i am not speaking from experience here) This should be bad mouthing and trying to slander the givers character to others through PM as well.
5) A disclaimer stating that if a interested party gets pm's asking for money, that ECF OR the one who created the whole thread will not be held responsible. Further more all items will be in a as is state and neither the giving individual nor ECF make claim to warranty, and all items gotten are at the sole risk of the getting party. Just as the receiving party takes the risk of the item being sent through the snail mail.
6) On the same token, and with heavy penalties (as determined by the ECF ops) the giver shall not tamper with juice or the battery/device in a attempts to get it to leak, explode or send the person in low earth orbit once it goes (( BOOM )). You don't like the person requesting the item? Easily cured: Pm them and tell them that.
7) I keep hearing how awesome Canada is, how respectful and honor bound the citizens are.....i think we prove this fact. So this whole thing is based on your honor system, exercise it m'kay?
Phew! there i think i am done putting out there what i think.....oh, and in the case where i use n00b it is not meant as a sign of disrespect, i have been around the internet since 1994 and have been on too many BBS, Telenet and what have you so my terms are very old school. A n00b is what you young wiper snappers call a newb now.
yes this scared me too that i came up with all this, but there it all is in a nut shell
Last edited by WolfeReign; 01-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
If this is going to turn into legal contract kinds stuff, I can see a lot of peeps saying "Nay" Myself included. I have excess vaping items, both hardware & juice. I can't see the point of it sitting here. I want it out there to be used by someone. I JUST want to give it away.
I really don't care if other posts are started with other PIF stuff.
If my post is slowing down the PIF section I am willing to move it to the treasure chest. It really does not matter, I just want this stuff in the hands of someone who wants it.
BTW... Thank you Wolfe, for attempting to enlarge my pic.
I can't remember where I said it, but I remember asking if we should allow a couple of items to run simultaneously in PIF. That way folks have more options to pick, and the ones that move slower, don't hold the process up. Not implying that is the case with our first PIF.. ofcourse. None of the rules for this are writ in stone, and are setup primarily to safeguard the members participating in PIF.
I'd much rather have a "lounge" atmosphere in here than a "courtroom" feel, if you get my drift..
Hey Dusty, if my post is better in the "Treasure Chest" feel free to move it. As I said, it makes no difference to me.
I like the lounge too, so we can feel the love.
Tags for this Thread