PIF-Canada FAQ & Chit-Chat - Got questions or suggestions, post them here.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: PIF-Canada FAQ & Chit-Chat - Got questions or suggestions, post them here.

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default PIF-Canada FAQ & Chit-Chat - Got questions or suggestions, post them here.

General questions or suggestion on the different sections of PIF-Canada can go in here. It will help keep discussions to a minimum in the main threads.

Questions thus far:
    Tgoode: Are there any shipping rules and who pays for shipping?
    Answer: Rems: I believe the sender would. As for rules....it says to do so in a timely manner and all that....

SoUnique: Can there only be 1 thread, or can I start a new one, or 2?
    Answer: In PIF, You would generally wait for a period of time (a week?) until the previous offer has been claimed. If there is no one taking what is offered, a new "post" can be made in the main PIF thread. I would like to see all PIF related content within the 3 main stickied threads. Having multiple threads bouncing all over will just cause a lot of confusion.

SoUnique: Can juice be re-bottled if all the info is relabeled on them? I have some 30ml bottles and would like to break them down into 10ml, so more peeps can sample them.
    Answer: Yes, it can be. This would work much like how it unofficially does now. Somebody has something, and says "I'll send you a sample of what I've got, so you can try it." Just remember that these are fellow vapers, and don't mess with the contents and labeling etc.

Good Questions!!
    Last edited by Dusty_D; 01-06-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    Hello World likes this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Congrats and good luck with the new group
    Dusty_D likes this.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So where do we actually post what we're paying forward, swapping or giving? Within the sticky, or in the normal forum?
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DemonCleaner View Post
    So where do we actually post what we're paying forward, swapping or giving? Within the sticky, or in the normal forum?
    Within the Stickied threads themselves. The "normal forum" should not be used for PIF related stuff. I'm going to see if there's a way to prevent any threads from being created in there.
    Last edited by Dusty_D; 01-06-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Three questions:

I'm not really interested in becoming a verified member (me having access to the classifieds would be dangerous ). Since I'm not looking for payment/trades - just looking for a good home for some samples - do I have to be verified to offer up some things in the Treasure Chest sub-forum?

If I'm not verified, can I get someone else to post the offered juices in my stead?

For the pure give-aways, can the offeror restrict the offered juices to folks in a local region (e.g. Ottawa area)? If I'm giving the juices away, I'd rather not pay shipping.
    Last edited by bidslayer; 01-06-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think bidslayer has some good points. I can't see the point of getting verified if you just want to give something away. Also postage is expensive, especially when giving, & asking for nothing in return.
    tygertyger likes this.

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bidslayer View Post
    Three questions:

I'm not really interested in becoming a verified member (me having access to the classifieds would be dangerous ). Since I'm not looking for payment/trades - just looking for a good home for some samples - do I have to be verified to offer up some things in the Treasure Chest sub-forum?

If I'm not verified, can I get someone else to post the offered juices in my stead?

For the pure give-aways, can the offeror restrict the offered juices to folks in a local region (e.g. Ottawa area)? If I'm giving the juices away, I'd rather not pay shipping.

Three tricky questions to say the least!

A 1) I don't see a reason to turn down your generosity with regards to you giving away stuff, just as long as you understand that this does not make you exempt from the Rules of the other sections of the PIF.

A 2) If a verified member makes a post to the Treasure Chest or to other parts of PIF, as long as there is no mention that the post is being done for a "non-verified" member, nobody would know any better right?! I hope.. I don't want to bog down the area with legalities to the point where it strangles the effort, so I'm willing to be flexible on some of the rules as long as it does not negatively impact the PIF members.

A 3) A reasonable request, I think. For the Treasure Chest area! It does not necessarily have to be restricted to just juices either. It does cost a pretty penny to ship stuff inter-Canada too.

Hope this helps.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thanks, Dusty. So I can give my stuff away, locally, but no horse-trading until I bite the bullet and get verified.

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bidslayer View Post
    Thanks, Dusty. So I can give my stuff away, locally, but no horse-trading until I bite the bullet and get verified.
    You got it, mate! And there's not proverbial biting the bullet, per se, to get verified. There's just an extended long term risk to your wallet if you give in to your baser instincts that scream BUY BUY BUY!!

ECF Moderator
    Original Guru
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Do you guys think we should include pictures with posts?!
    Ta2ooz likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast