Ask a PIF mod or vet
Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Ask a PIF mod or vet

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Ask a PIF mod or vet

Post any and all questions you may have concerning rules and procedures here in this thread. We are here to help. Remember the only stupid question is the one left unasked
    Last edited by BiancaMontgomery; 08-16-2011 at 04:12 PM.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I have a non-squirrel related question.

Is it just me, or does anybody else taste sulphur near the end of an atty full of *any* coffee flavor? it doesn't matter. KBV Auntie M.'s Coffee, Maiden Coffee from Gourmet Vapor, Coffee from V4L, Keoke Coffee from GV and a coffee flavor I got as a PIF (no idea of source) all end up having a strong rotten egg taste when I get just before the point where I'd be tasting singed wick. Ideas?

Also, I am still an atomizer idiot. I either drown 'em or fry 'em. I would like opinions on dripping without looking...or maybe I should just stick to cartomizers.?

Thanks vets and/or mods and/or gurus and/or sages. <smile>
    brekec88 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ciego View Post
    I have a non-squirrel related question.

Is it just me, or does anybody else taste sulphur near the end of an atty full of *any* coffee flavor? it doesn't matter. KBV Auntie M.'s Coffee, Maiden Coffee from Gourmet Vapor, Coffee from V4L, Keoke Coffee from GV and a coffee flavor I got as a PIF (no idea of source) all end up having a strong rotten egg taste when I get just before the point where I'd be tasting singed wick. Ideas?

Also, I am still an atomizer idiot. I either drown 'em or fry 'em. I would like opinions on dripping without looking...or maybe I should just stick to cartomizers.?

Thanks vets and/or mods and/or gurus and/or sages. <smile>
    IDK about the sulphur..I've had a few of those you have listed and didnt get that one.

as far as the dripping...have you looked at those new eGoT's? or maybe a vapemate kinda thing?
    Truthiness: The natural human condition to ignore facts and just go with whats in your gut! Colbert

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Ciego: Dripping is a numbers thing. FOR THE MOST PART, 3 is the magic number.

HTH!

PS> I've got some tank attys coming in, if you'd like to try one. Also got a set of the magic carts, or whatever they are called. PM me if you want to try some!

SQUIRREL! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Smart Carts? If you've got magic carts, I need to know where to get those! :P

Last TC take 9.3.11
    Bianca is what Peeps would be if they were sentient. Just gooey luscious love and sugar. -Magnus

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BiancaMontgomery View Post
    Smart Carts? If you've got magic carts, I need to know where to get those! :P

A magician never reveals her source!!

Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't want to sound like a hypocrite (but I totally am), so I will ask a few generic newbish questions:

Is it alright for someone who has never posted anything, who probably doesn't really have anything to offer, to accept a Treasure Chest or post in the PIF Wants thread?

What do I need to do to join this group?

Is it alright to accept an offer on someone else's behalf (either a member or not)?

How is it that anyone manages to weird out a guy who runs around the interwebz calling himself BorisTheSpider?
    Last edited by BorisTheSpider; 03-03-2011 at 10:49 PM.

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Afraid Boris is right, it might be worth a kill-and-fill on this thread.

A new person should be able to use TC or Wants as a first entry in the PIF area, though it's always nice to stop by the Chit Chat thread, or the online PIF chat thread, thread and say hello. About the only thing requested, consistently, is to please read the main rules stickies and the first post in each thread, which outlines any thread-specific rules.

Joining the group is a self-selection, that you agree with the idea of pay-it-forward. The basic requirement as an accepter of things is to try not to be too greedy, to let others participate, have a fair chance. As a giver, give when you can. Nobody expects a person who is either new or hitting a tough spot to put out big PIF offers or to put things in TC.

(Before some upgrades last Fall there were formal Social Groups where you had to ask to be let in. The current forum software just doesn't work that way, so all social groups are inherently open now, with Mods having had to pick up the slack to make sure that new people aren't running too far astray of the intent of a given SG.)

A spider should not be weirded out by a squirrel with a whip, but watch out for the rabbits
    Last edited by markfm; 03-03-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

SQUIRREL! Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't want to sound like a hypocrite (but I totally am), so I will ask a few generic newbish questions:

Is it alright for someone who has never posted anything, who probably doesn't really have anything to offer, to accept a Treasure Chest or post in the PIF Wants thread? Yes.

What do I need to do to join this group? You don't really have to join social groups on ECF anymore. Just participate, that makes you a member of PIF.

Is it alright to accept an offer on someone else's behalf (either a member or not)? Yes.

How is it that anyone manages to weird out a guy who runs around the interwebz calling himself BorisTheSpider? Sorry.

Last TC take 9.3.11
    Bianca is what Peeps would be if they were sentient. Just gooey luscious love and sugar. -Magnus

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Glad you could join us Boris! and don't be afraid of Miss Bee.. the whip is just to keep us troublemakers in line!

(♥ you Bee!)

Page 1 of 72 123451151 ... LastLast