Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 101
Page 101 of 2340 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 23398
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

OK Jazz, just to keep your mind off the clock.....
    You all met Sandi, I have Amber
    Attachment 222747

Bubbles
    and my baby Rex, who I should have named oops. I had no idea he was gonna be 100 pounds

And 5 garden rocks in my backyard with the ashes on my other babies......

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beebopnjazz View Post
    Dakota's rabies and other shots are seperate from each other. All vets think I'm nuts. But I had a friend with a white schnauzer who's dog almost died when she received the combo and the rabies together. It's rare and it happens. I just tell them when they glare at me that at his age I'm not taking any chances....they are separate, period.

Now I know why the new vet doesn't like me.......I refuse to accept that she's "God-like"...go figure
    She must know my doctors.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beebopnjazz View Post
    When the IBS flaired he was on the RX food - Hills Science Diet i/d. I've since changed him to grain free, no wheat gluten, corn or soy. He used to eat Blue Buffalo, but it's really gotten quite expensive He's now on 4Health canned (at tractor supply) and Taste of the Wilderness - dry. They have the unusual meats in them which I know is better for dogs with sensitive tummies. (like venison, bison, etc) Weird is that Taste of the Wilderness canned isn't grain free - but the dry is. He eats quite a bit of the salmon/sweet potato. All his treats are grain free too.

The vet isn't happy we changed him to grain free - she said "that doesn't mean no carbs" - well duh....the carbs are more limited and they come from fruits and vegetables but he does get them.

I had a dog before Dakota that had cancer and in researching that I found out that the carbs feed the damn tumors So, the vet can go pound sand that I switched him to grain free. This isn't my first walk around the dog park.

I think she wanted us to keep him on the RX diet yet didn't tell us that - but you have to order it on Monday for pick up on Wednesday as they don't stock large quantities of it. And no variety for the dog. There are plenty of good quality dog foods readily available.

After his stroke 2 years ago, his right side was involved - including his mouth. I fed him anything he would eat for quite some time - not the best nutritionally, but he was having so much trouble.
    My dog was named Kaiya, she was 16 when we had to let her go. She was a Spitz, looked exactly like the Uconn Huskies white dog. Her back legs started going out on her a year earlier. She was having a lot of pain. Our vet gave her Rimadyl and it helped for a while. The last 4 months we were giving her Metacam for pain. With the Metacam she was able to get up and down and walk. But as much as you love them, they let you know when it is time. It broke our hearts, but we could not let her suffer anymore. She was our baby.

Don't know if this info will help you but it helped Kaiya. I hope your baby gets better.
    FL Lori and daleron like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Erised View Post
    Over vaccination is the (unnecessary) practice of giving dogs/cats yearly vaccines.

I stopped giving my dogs (and cats) yearly vaccines around 20 years ago, after discussions with my vet, and studying what research was available at the time. In a nutshell the reason why I stopped giving vaccines yearly is because I believe they can cause issues such as cancers, and auto-immune disorders. I also believe that vaccinating yearly gives an animal no additional protection (in the majority of cases).

A small example -- Do you know what the difference is between a one-year Rabies vaccine given to a dog and a three-year Rabies vaccine given to a dog is? The difference is what they choose to call/label it. It is the exact same shot.

The following is the usual protocol that I follow for vaccines ...
    1 set at 8 weeks
    1 set at 12 weeks
    1 set at 16 weeks
    Rabies vaccine always given separately, and usually not until 20 weeks.
    Rabies booster at 1 year.
    Rabies given once every three years thereafter.

There is a lot more information available now to anyone that is considering stopping yearly vaccines. Just type "over vaccinating issues" into the google toolbar and it will pull up articles by Whole Dog Journal, and a ton of other info.
    Thanks for the info...I'm heading to google.
    FL Lori and daleron like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Gawd. I don't think they make an incubator big enough.
    Jazz was kind... I was gonna go with embryo.

LURKER - Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

That was some good info Erised, thank you
    LOL Lori, I remember you talking about Rex sometime back!
    FL Lori likes this.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

News.........News............NEWS!!!!!!!!!

I just got a phone call from my son and DIL. I am going to be a GRANDMOTHER for the very first time! I am so excited! They sent me and email of the first ultrasound (at 6 weeks) and I could not tell where the baby was so I called them back and it is soooo tiny. Looks like a kidney bean. But I told them that that was the cutest baby I ever seen.

Gotta start saving money. I live in Nashville and they live in Tacoma, WA. Gotta stop smoking. Gotta do lots of stuff. I knew all that Disney collectible figurines and music boxes would come in handy some day. Now I can start sending them to the baby. Due date is end of January. Oh boy, Oh boy.
    Erised, Susaz, beebopnjazz and 9 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just got a phone call from my son and DIL. I am going to be a GRANDMOTHER for the very first time! I am so excited! They sent me and email of the first ultrasound (at 6 weeks) and I could not tell where the baby was so I called them back and it is soooo tiny. Looks like a kidney bean. But I told them that that was the cutest baby I ever seen.

Gotta start saving money. I live in Nashville and they live in Tacoma, WA. Gotta stop smoking. Gotta do lots of stuff. I knew all that Disney collectible figurines and music boxes would come in handy some day. Now I can start sending them to the baby. Due date is end of January. Oh boy, Oh boy.
    That is wonderful news!!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daleron View Post
    That was some good info Erised, thank you
    LOL Lori, I remember you talking about Rex sometime back!
    You either studied these posts or you have an incredible memory.........

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wooo Hoooo -- CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you! You're going to love being a grandmother!
    daleron likes this.