Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 11
Page 11 of 2340 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Full Member Verified Member

I've quit smoke, quite successfully, using Chantix a couple of years back. I felt good to do it and felt ashamed when I picked up that first cigarette but DAMN it felt soooo good. And I think that's what we're all striving for. That feeling ... that rush when we smoke that first cigarette after not having one for a while. A feeling we just don't get from vaping. Now mind you, I'm taking the baby steps too. I've went a couple of days to see if I could do it and it seemed to work out. My atomizers are a bit weak and waiting for replacements so I'm toking on the woods for now, but during work, I'll vape. So, along with a lot of you, I'll smoke in the morning and in the evening. 4 to 5 cigarettes a day - from 20 - I still consider that a win.

I'd love to be able to just buy the 0mg flavoring and just enjoy vaping one day. .... one day ...
    PaulB, Prism, RosaJ and 2 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    Hang in there guys...if you can get to the point where you can tell that "pull" to STICK IT and not make it keep you up at night maybe that's the magic moment. The only thing I think that has helped me this week is my WTA--I've actually been able to put my PV down for a couple of hours without constantly thinking, "I need, I need, I NEED..."
    I just ordered some WTA from Aroma. Should be here in a day or 2. I kept reading that people having trouble giving up the analogs had great success adding WTA so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's hoping this will do it!
    GaMntGirl and daleron like this.

ECF Guru & Lurker-Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaswi View Post
    I've had a good day. Only 14 cigarettes in 24 hours. Smallest amount smoked in over a year.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.
    Hang in there guys...if you can get to the point where you can tell that "pull" to STICK IT and not make it keep you up at night maybe that's the magic moment. The only thing I think that has helped me this week is my WTA--I've actually been able to put my PV down for a couple of hours without constantly thinking, "I need, I need, I NEED..."
    Quote Originally Posted by areinike View Post
    I've quit smoke, quite successfully, using Chantix a couple of years back. I felt good to do it and felt ashamed when I picked up that first cigarette but DAMN it felt soooo good. And I think that's what we're all striving for. That feeling ... that rush when we smoke that first cigarette after not having one for a while. A feeling we just don't get from vaping. Now mind you, I'm taking the baby steps too. I've went a couple of days to see if I could do it and it seemed to work out. My atomizers are a bit weak and waiting for replacements so I'm toking on the woods for now, but during work, I'll vape. So, along with a lot of you, I'll smoke in the morning and in the evening. 4 to 5 cigarettes a day - from 20 - I still consider that a win.

I'd love to be able to just buy the 0mg flavoring and just enjoy vaping one day. .... one day ...
    Congrats you two on your good days!!! Good days count as a win in my book

& I would also love to be able to just vape 0mg & be satisfied! Like you ... someday
    RosaJ and areinike like this.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

Full Member Verified Member

Okay, noob question here, what's WTA?
    daleron likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome areinike, I'm not sure either about the WTA. It's some kind of Juice I guess that's made from (I think) wet tobacco leaves & must be strong or something. I'm sure if you type it into the search line up top you'll be able to find lots of info if nobody in here responds - although I'm sure someone will
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon

PIF FORUM MODERATOR Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Whole Tobacco Alkinoids present In Tobacco but not nicotine used in juice. Many find the WTA gives greater satisfaction than just nic alone.
    daleron likes this.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning , The Devil says "Oh crap!. She's up!!."

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

WTA (whole tobacco alkaloids) is a special extraction technique that pulls in more of the alkaloids from tobacco, not just nicotine. See Aroma Ejuice
    daleron likes this.
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

The alkaloids not only give a more satisfying experience, they do so for many smokers/vapers due to their anti-depressant nature. Apparently some smokers lack the ability to regulate dopamine in the brain, and the alkaloids help do that. I don't know if it's a chicken/egg thing (that we self medicate to address the inability to regulate, or if smoking over time affects the ability to do so). So there IS a physiological component to the theory that having these in the juice helps with giving the relaxed, comforting feeling that nic-only juice doesn't.
    Last edited by alisa1970; 05-15-2013 at 04:37 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The alkaloids not only give a more satisfying experience, they do so for many smokers/vapers due to their anti-depressant nature. Apparently some smokers lack the ability to regulate dopamine in the brain, and the alkaloids help do that. I don't know if it's a chicken/egg thing (that we self medicate to address the inability to regulate, or if smoking over time affects the ability to do so). So there IS a physiological component to the theory that having these in the juice helps with giving the relaxed, comforting feeling that nic-only juice doesn't.
    Very informative, thank you I believe a lot of us have "self-medicated" with cigs.

Hey guys, new game plan here. I think I told you dh brought me two packs of cigs a while ago, one was a misty menthol 120 ... I've been taking a couple of drags here & there then droppin' it in the snuffer ... man, that third or fourth time is nassstyyy!
    alisa1970 and jessermay like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I purchased some WTA, and let me just say, this stuff is more potent than regular juice. It does keep me from vaping non stop. I have not smoked anymore, but the urge is still there. I just drop a few drops of the Wta in my carto and vape away the urge. It has helped me to not fall off the wagon again (so far). I will definitely keep using it. Stress and sadness are my triggers. I miss my son every day (he committed suicide in January), and sometimes it hits me harder than others. I don't feel like smoking most of the time, but occasionally the urge can be pretty overwhelming. I'll get through this. Hopefully smoke free.
    RosaJ, GaMntGirl, patkin and 3 others like this.
    "The only people whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you"- John E Southard​