Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 1704
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    DH and I (mostly DH) will watch the old Bugs Bunny and Road Runner cartoons when we run across them. Have not seen any updated Mickey Mouse ones. We don't have a reason to watch channels with cartoons often. But I prefer that over the TruTV idiot stuff that seems to be popular. And no, I will not apologize for voicing that opinion.

I can spend several hours watching the nature stuff on Discovery Channel and Nat'l Geo. Or Person of Interest or now I am getting a kick out of the new Sleepy Hollow.
    this is a fuzzy copy but most i looked for on youtube were misleading.. with 3d thumbnail and the old cartoon inside.
    Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sleepy Hollow is much better than I was expecting. If you're not watching American Horror Story: Coven on FX Wednesday nights you should be... it's really, really good.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hello, I fell asleep at 10 pm now I am awake boy I am all screwed up sleeping!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have too many tabs open on ECF right now to do that search, but it sounds like you are describing a very creative way of using a turkey baster as a drip tip or part of a carto back in the old days of vaping. I read a thread a while back about what vaping 3 or so years ago was like. I will tell you that I would never have had the patience and ingenuity to vape back then. I would have smoked MORE cigarettes. I give you a lot of credit for whatever use you had for the turkey baster. And I can picture you buying the whole inventory of turkey basters whenever you spotted some. Would love to see the cashier's face. c
    My oven is not working properly; it will not hold a temp steady. I have convection also but not sure how to convert cook time and don't know if that will hold temp either. So DH will have to take me out for Thanksgiving dinner. A shame really because I love to cook those special meals. Two years in a row I was thinking I forgot how to cook a turkey. Not done enough, or over done. Never did that in 35 years of Thanksgivings and Christmas. Kinda glad it is the oven. At least I know it is not me.

Quote Originally Posted by twgbonehead View Post
    You're only saying that because you've never tried a Wizard Stick! (OK, time for some context. Tried to start vaping 2.5 years ago, and bought very expensive crap. The only vape I enjoyed was a Wizard Stick (search ECF for "Wizard Stick Why Not") with a turkey-baster taped onto the top of it. Went through a ton of juice, but when it died I went back to the paper-coated ones 8-( . To this day, if I see a glass turkey-baster in a dollar store, I have to buy 5 of them.)

And last Thanksgiving, I spent a while on the Butterball Hotline, and a very nice woman assured me that you do not need to baste a turkey these days, and opening the oven to baste actually makes the turkey drier. (I listened politely, and then cooked the turkey using the 450-degree start, rubbed in mayo, "Upside down" in a bake-n-bag method, even though she scorned all of these). I didn't baste, though.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I love holiday dinners, they are my favorite to cook. The gathering of supplies, the gathering of recipes, the preparation and finally coordinating the cooking. I just love it all. So, last 10 years I live with just get a turkey and some mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie! OMG that is sacrilegious!

I used to make 15 course meals when I was married, dinner started at 3 pm and went on and on, There were no less than 4 desserts because I couldn't decide and I was always afraid someone would like the one I picked. had room for 20 guests and the table was always full. I even used fine china and crystal! now they don't care if I use paper plates and cups! lol

a different life for sure, some better some eh not so much. I like those fancy dinners at least the food. don't care so much about the china and crystal, I do have it still, just not used in a loooooong loooong time.

Bright spot, nephews girlfriend likes to try new things, I once again have a guinea pig! HEHEHE

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GtrSoloist View Post
    Sleepy Hollow is much better than I was expecting. If you're not watching American Horror Story: Coven on FX Wednesday nights you should be... it's really, really good.
    Hubby is the one that is really into that genre. I watched all but this season of True Blood then it got old. I tried Amer. Horror story and could not get into it. I liked Being Human but it was starting to get a bit much at the end of this last season. I will try to catch the new Dracula, but don't have high hopes unless they can capture the period mood. Got a kick and a half out of the Dark Shadows with J. Depp. We laughed through most of it.

Hubby is in his glory this month with all the horror movies. I won't watch them. They creep me out now. And I find that I can not watch something over and over a hundred times. DH can turn on a movie halfway through and watch 20 minutes of it. Aggravates me. Good thing we have 2 TVs or we would be fighting over the remote.

Then again, I can watch HGTV all night and he does not get it. He says we are not buying a house or remodeling so why are you watching this crap. I like it. He will watch some of the cooking channel shows with me. And we do watch some of the old and new game shows once in a while.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I am going to try to go back to sleep,Good night all! Sweet Dreams!

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Karen N Daytona View Post
    Bright spot, nephews girlfriend likes to try new things, I once again have a guinea pig! HEHEHE
    You would love me too. I will eat anything (as long as its not seafood, allergies). My family can't understand how I'm hungry 30 minutes after eating.

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

ShariR, have you watched (seen?) Supernatural?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning everyone! Need coffee, extra strong, off to the kitchen because I think it's just about done.

S/O and DD1 used to watch Supernatural religiously. I'm not much for watching TV, so I just peeked in occasionally. DD1 says this latest season is weird. . .

Feeling lots better today, thank goodness. Off to work to play catch up on all the things I missed yesterday, fun times. Have a great day all!!