Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 2104
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Good Morning, everyone!

Here I sit at my desk at work wondering how early I'll be able to leave and get started on my Christmas dinner. Got to make a long-grain and wild rice pilaf (with dried cranberries and toasted pecans), gluten free brownies, and prepare the green bean casserole and butternut squash and mashed potatoes.

Oh, and have to brine the turkey (hope to God it's defrosted when I get home!).

It will be a mess in my kitchen but I'll be having fun!

Everyone, have a Merry Christmas, or other holiday if you don't celebrate--and I'm sure I'll pop in if anyone is here.

Blog Entries

The best of both worlds.
    Merry Christmas one and all!

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Going to Christmas Eve with Jason's side of the family like we have always done. I leave you this gift...

snoopyHug.jpg

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, I made my order, I got my VV V3 again. I just had to have it since I enjoyed it so much. Now, I bet I will find the other one as soon as the new one is shipped. I will eventually get an MVP2 if my finances get better, that $4 was the difference between getting a meal for Christmas or just eating whatever. I voted something a little better. I got a Roast and a cake. I had some left on food stamp card.

So, I will make a decent dinner after all.

My sister called and said they were having Shrimp Scampi and Surf and turf for dinner,(her husband is the butcher owns his shop) so I know the steak will be top notch and surf for her is lobster. I told her I was having it too. Hamburger and Fish Sticks. LOL
    She didn't think it was funny, but I almost coughed up fur ball from laughing so hard. If we don't have good humor, what do we have?
    She did invite me and offer to pay the ticket, but it's really so hard to travel these days and I would feel bad leaving my roommate alone.

I woke up early in the middle of the night, so, I am off to take a nap and then wrap gifts, I will be back later!

to those of you that might take off a few days here , Merry Christmas ! I wish yo peace and joy!

ECF Veteran

I am just starting to wrap Cliff's things, I'm getting a late start because my daughter called and we talked for nearly 3 hours. Made my Christmas. We only talk a couple of time a year now and I miss her so, but she told me that she shows my great granddaughter pictures all the time of all of us and tells her who everyone is, she talks to her about me so at least I know she knows who I am. My granddaughter also told me that she is going to frame and hang the prints of the portraits I painted of her two kids in their rooms and that that was the most thoughtful gift she had ever gotten.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.

ECF Veteran

I thought hamburger and fish sticks was funny. I luv your sense of humor.

Confession time: I wasted part of the day watching "Saving Mr. Banks" and it's two thumbs up. Very heart warming and well done. Now I want to watch Mary Poppins again.

That's all. Ho-ho-ho.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Merry Christmas all!!!

I am going to watch the Pope's Midnight Mass tonight and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas show tonight.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Merry Christmas all!!!

I am going to watch the Pope's Midnight Mass tonight and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas show tonight.
    I might tune into that as well. I'm kinda curious. This pope has some attitude which I kinda like. I saw a headline in my reader they are expecting a huge turn out due to his popularity. Thx for reminding me.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    I might tune into that as well. I'm kinda curious. This pope has some attitude which I kinda like. I saw a headline in my reader they are expecting a huge turn out due to his popularity. Thx for reminding me.
    I saw on CNN that his popularity is somewhere around 84%, unheard of and has surpassed John Paul II. I like his humility and that he is not staying in the traditional papal quarters but in a small apartment in modest circumstances, with the people. I admire him and his living what he preaches. So rare in today's world. I think he is going to be an important symbol in this world, and be remembered in the same vein as Mother Theresa and others like them. Hopefully it will rub off onto other people.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

RE: the pope--my mom (who is not Catholic) told me she was absolutely impressed when she read that he had fired (?) a high-profile Cardinal due to his very public chastisement of gays. The Church still holds that it's wrong, but the Pope believes (as he should) that loving everyone (and showing it) is a better way to get the message out than ridicule. Nice to see.