Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 2194
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen N Daytona View Post
    What is Smooth Criminal? THe rest sound yummy!
    Smooth Criminal is a net tobacco that Ahlusion makes. They do their own extracts. This particular one I find a little spicy to start and so I put it away for about 6 weeks. Then I find it to be a very nice, medium smooth tobacco without the harshness or bite that I find with a lot of the tobacco juices. I do only like net tobaccos. Except for the ECBlends B&M version of blueberry tobacco, which is the first juice I ever tried. Don't like it enough to buy bottles of it though.

So far I have found I do like several of Ahlusion juices. I do not like the Virgin Vapor juices or MBV. I did like Dueling Banjos from HDV but only new. After about three months it changed for me taste wise, tasted stale. I really like the Plume Room tobaccos also. Love their Honey Fig and Candied Cavendish. Their Smooth & Mild is good too. I like Plume Room's Banana Pudding and Banana Mint Milkshake. Have not tried their others yet, except for the Black Cherry Cream Soda which you have to vape new because the tiny bubbles go away after a couple of months or so. I still love my NLV Gold, but have found enough other juices that I am not afraid to run low on my Gold.

I only tried a couple of the Alice in Vapeland juices and the cupcake and another (can't remember what but a teeny tiny sample) were too subtle for my tastes. The Vapor Chef was a peanut butter one and I was disappointed in it so never ordered anything else. Most of these came from my couple of months of juices swapping on the PIF trading threads. It is a great way to try out new juices. But you have to know your vendors and do the research to look up descriptions because there is also a lot of not so great stuff being traded too.

Juice swaps - USA - Please read first post for rules and guidelines
    Samples Swaps - USA - please read the first post for rules and guidelines

I watch the Deals and Steals thread too in case something great comes up. And of course I watch to see what Plume Room has up for their flavor of the week.

Has anyone heard from JJ or GuitarSoloist lately? Been thinking about them and of course our Dale and Lori. Sending them good thoughts and wishes in case they may fly by. And where is Kittyn? Hope they all are well.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ok, so I have had that coughing thing now for a number of months, I couldn't seem to figure out why I cough while vaping, My technique is not the problem, I do not do lung hits. I hold it in my mouth and blow out my nose. Yet, I cough. So, I got some plain VG and "watered down" the nic in a few of my high nic juices. Only those that had a lot of flavor. I am not sure, but so far two juices are working for me.

I have a juice that is 32 nic, it does not make me cough at all most of the time. Then sometimes, I get a coughing fit with it. So, only time will tell if this is the right direction to take.

I am drinking water every time I vape, in between each vape, to keep me hydrated as well, this is helping. I also bought cough drops to soothe the cough.

I am bracing myself to try plain VG without nic to see how that feels. Ok , I should have tried it sooner. I just like the flavor, It's like going on a diet and eating cottage cheese. Actually worse than that, I like cottage cheese once in a great while.

I might try vaping unflavored nic too. Maybe it's allergies I didn't know I have? I don't thing its PG but you never know. It might have developed over time (allergy) Next few days, I will experiment to see what direction I need to go . THE juices I have are all over the place as most were PIF juices. The ones I have ordered myself are mostly 50/50. I do have a few that are VG only with very little flavor, I will revisit those as well

I have to get Vodka to clean my dripping attys so I can change flavors without tasting any of the old flavor. Have to check to see if nephew has any LOL

Forget to mention , I called the lawyers office to see if they could check on the judge, no decision as of yet. They won't know what the decision is, but they can see if it has been made. More torture!!!!!!! LOL I am getting to be an expert on this stuff!

ECF Veteran

I've been wondering about them too. So many of our regulars have disappeared. It's a shame. Haven't seen jessermay or Dawn either. It would be nice to hear from everyone.
    Smoke free after 42 years of smoking more than 3 packs a day!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Smooth Criminal is a net tobacco that Ahlusion makes. They do their own extracts. This particular one I find a little spicy to start and so I put it away for about 6 weeks. Then I find it to be a very nice, medium smooth tobacco without the harshness or bite that I find with a lot of the tobacco juices. I do only like net tobaccos. Except for the ECBlends B&M version of blueberry tobacco, which is the first juice I ever tried. Don't like it enough to buy bottles of it though.

So far I have found I do like several of Ahlusion juices. I do not like the Virgin Vapor juices or MBV. I did like Dueling Banjos from HDV but only new. After about three months it changed for me taste wise, tasted stale. I really like the Plume Room tobaccos also. Love their Honey Fig and Candied Cavendish. Their Smooth & Mild is good too. I like Plume Room's Banana Pudding and Banana Mint Milkshake. Have not tried their others yet, except for the Black Cherry Cream Soda which you have to vape new because the tiny bubbles go away after a couple of months or so. I still love my NLV Gold, but have found enough other juices that I am not afraid to run low on my Gold.

I only tried a couple of the Alice in Vapeland juices and the cupcake and another (can't remember what but a teeny tiny sample) were too subtle for my tastes. The Vapor Chef was a peanut butter one and I was disappointed in it so never ordered anything else. Most of these came from my couple of months of juices swapping on the PIF trading threads. It is a great way to try out new juices. But you have to know your vendors and do the research to look up descriptions because there is also a lot of not so great stuff being traded too.

Juice swaps - USA - Please read first post for rules and guidelines
    Samples Swaps - USA - please read the first post for rules and guidelines

I watch the Deals and Steals thread too in case something great comes up. And of course I watch to see what Plume Room has up for their flavor of the week.

Has anyone heard from JJ or GuitarSoloist lately? Been thinking about them and of course our Dale and Lori. Sending them good thoughts and wishes in case they may fly by. And where is Kittyn? Hope they all are well.
    Thanks for all that info, I do keep my eye on things but right now, I have absolutely no money available, I can't even swap, I can't afford to mail anything!

As for the missing group members Gtr must be really busy with his move, JJ is MIA, Kittyn MIA, Dale is around;taking a break from our thread for a bit,(she mentioned it a few hundred posts ago. Lori had her surgery on the 2nd, on her shoulder I believe. She should be back around pretty soon. You have her # right? Maybe a few days and give her a call? I have it but I wanted to wait a few days.

ECF Veteran

Karen, I hope you find out what the problem is. It would be near impossible to give up smoking if vaping makes you cough all the time. Trial and error should help you figure it out. Keep us posted.
    Smoke free after 42 years of smoking more than 3 packs a day!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by thayamax View Post
    I've been wondering about them too. So many of our regulars have disappeared. It's a shame. Haven't seen jessermay or Dawn either. It would be nice to hear from everyone.
    Maybe too busy with the kids off from school?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thaya did you get your ITC vapes order yet?

ECF Veteran

I have the coughing stuff too. Some is the PG for me but I have other reasons that point that direction including drug allergy similar to Lori's, allergic to vaseline, etc. But some VG liquids cause problems too. I'm thinking there is more added or the carriers like alcohol, triacetin, etc. Unfortunately that's nearly impossible to track down since most liquid vendors are not very transparent and the same goes for flavor manufacturers. I think it's going to take someone dying like from a peanut allergy before eliquid mixers become transparent. It irritates me that some are not even mentioning the ratio of PG/VG used, others say 100% VG when the flavors have PG in them.

They are protecting nothing. Even if a person knows what flavors are used, they don't know the mix ratio. It is not that simple to mix a quality liquid. Even if it is, most people are not interested in DIY. They would still be buying.

I also have a hunch that there's more additives used than we are aware of. The guy from Nude Nic is on some vape show every monday to answer questions. I've talked to him about doing a write up on additives used and he seemed excited to do it, but so far nothing.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    I have the coughing stuff too. Some is the PG for me but I have other reasons that point that direction including drug allergy similar to Lori's, allergic to vaseline, etc. But some VG liquids cause problems too. I'm thinking there is more added or the carriers like alcohol, triacetin, etc. Unfortunately that's nearly impossible to track down since most liquid vendors are not very transparent and the same goes for flavor manufacturers. I think it's going to take someone dying like from a peanut allergy before eliquid mixers become transparent. It irritates me that some are not even mentioning the ratio of PG/VG used, others say 100% VG when the flavors have PG in them.

They are protecting nothing. Even if a person knows what flavors are used, they don't know the mix ratio. It is not that simple to mix a quality liquid. Even if it is, most people are not interested in DIY. They would still be buying.

I also have a hunch that there's more additives used than we are aware of. The guy from Nude Nic is on some vape show every monday to answer questions. I've talked to him about doing a write up on additives used and he seemed excited to do it, but so far nothing.
    That makes sense, I never was allergic to anything but you never know, the only difference, it does come and go with the same flavors. It's different every day and hourly. I could vape the same thing for an hour and suddenly coughing fit. I think COPD??? Then again I am not sure. One of the things I'll find out soon enough.

ECF Veteran

COPD will affect you without vaping. If you have hayfever there's a chance you'll be allergic to a similar profile in eliquid too. However a strawberry from one manufacturer won't be the same as another's.
    "Don't blink."