Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 220
Page 220 of 2340 FirstFirst ... 1201702102162172182192202212222232242302703207201220 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 23398
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

  1. #2191
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    aikanae1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    az
    Posts
    5,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    Lori, that really sucks. Did he tell you how he comes to extract the WTA? Probably a well gaurded state secret, but worth a shot to ask. Feel better!!
    I've heard the development of the WTA process occured on ECF and the threads are still available on the forum, somewhere. I've never taken the time to hunt them down, but I've thought about it out of curiosity.

  2. #2192
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    thayamax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    The s/o and I used to play this game, cake and make up. He would never say sorry, just assume that since cake was served, the argument was over. So I decided that we were out of cake until he learned how to apologize. Damn he is one stubborn man!! It took a few weeks and a whole lot more arguments for him to get the picture. I don't want to eat cake with you if I'm mad at you or nursing hurt feelings.
    Man, all this cake talk is making me hungry.







    Just kidding.
    Smoke free after 42 years of smoking more than 3 packs a day!

  3. #2193
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    ShariR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    7,869
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaswi View Post
    DH just wanted me to cut back on my smoking, never asked me to quit. He wants me smoking the same amount as him. I want to quit but it is just so hard. Now even vaping is annoying him. I feel like no matter which way I turn I'm in a losing battle. Plus add no cake for 3-4 weeks at a time makes me very cranky.

    It only takes one person to start a revolution.
    He is afraid that if you successfully quit the attention will be turned on him and how much he is smoking and how much he is spending on it. Maybe he is jealous that you are having some success. Don't let him give you a guilt trip. He is trying to keep his power/control.

    Less likely is that he doesn't want to lose his smoking buddy, but I doubt it.
    skydragon, FinallyQuit and daleron like this.

  4. #2194
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    ShariR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    7,869
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    Oh, y'all have warned me time and time again, but of course I stuck my nose into a thread that totally PISSED me off! "Would you buy vaping supplies from someone who smokes?" turned into "would you buy a diet plan from a fat guy" turned into I had to quickly back out before I posted something I would later come to regret. I'm proud of me this time.

    Damn, why is it always picking on smokers and fat people? Of which I happen to be BOTH and excuse me I might be a little sensitive about it. Grrr. Sanctimonious asshats! [Ha! I finally got to use my new favorite bad word!!]
    Totally, totally agree! I have started reading several threads that I thought I would like, or find some useful info, or where maybe I would have something to add to the discussion, only to find out by post 4 to 6 (sometimes I make it to page 3) that I am in territory that is going to make me angry, insulted or the people posting did not have a clue and the only poster (a vet vaper) was being totally ignored or told they don't know what they are talking about. I get out fast and make a mental note to not look back.

    This is my home. I get some intelligent discussion, good information, laughs, tears, and lots of help when I most need it. And no judgement. And the ability to vent and hear others vent. As different as we all are here, we have a lot in common. And we are there for each other.

  5. #2195
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    ShariR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    7,869
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    The s/o and I used to play this game, cake and make up. He would never say sorry, just assume that since cake was served, the argument was over. So I decided that we were out of cake until he learned how to apologize. Damn he is one stubborn man!! It took a few weeks and a whole lot more arguments for him to get the picture. I don't want to eat cake with you if I'm mad at you or nursing hurt feelings.

    All that said, is your hubby nursing hurt feelings? Has he lost a job or promotion recently? Grieving? Sick? Or is he just being mean?

    He might be suffering from low testoserone, and feeling sensitive about performance or the lack thereof.

    Just a thought, sorry to be so nosy!!
    Here's another thought. How many men/sig others do you know that would spend all this time and energy going through all this to figure out why we were in a snit? Just wondering.
    FinallyQuit, FL Lori and daleron like this.

  6. #2196
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Erised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    Oh, y'all have warned me time and time again, but of course I stuck my nose into a thread that totally PISSED me off! "Would you buy vaping supplies from someone who smokes?" turned into "would you buy a diet plan from a fat guy" turned into I had to quickly back out before I posted something I would later come to regret. I'm proud of me this time.

    Damn, why is it always picking on smokers and fat people? Of which I happen to be BOTH and excuse me I might be a little sensitive about it. Grrr. Sanctimonious asshats! [Ha! I finally got to use my new favorite bad word!!]
    Yep, that post ticked me off too! Which personally, I think was the whole purpose of that post. I need a growling smiley.

  7. #2197
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    FinallyQuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    @ Shari: You are correct ma'am. However, the lack of communication and sometimes hostility that we are on the receiving end of turns me into a detective. Nobody has to ask me why I'm mad. I put it out there, we talk it out, and hopefully we never have to talk about it again. In the case of my s/o, arguments will recycle with passion, even though we already hashed it out before. That's usually when something else is bothering him and I can't get through, so I tell him to go away until he finds his good mood again.

    @ Erised: Why do people love to troll? The 1st post talks about "opinions please" but obviously he already had his mind made up. Why post the divisive thread?
    Erised, FL Lori, daleron and 1 others like this.

  8. #2198
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Erised's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FL Lori View Post
    I have a question out to the vender but I'm very sure I am allergic to Wta. I can't believe it. Guess I am really gonna have to white nuckle it. This little let down really has me twisted. Good night all.
    Ohhh No!!!

  9. #2199
    ECF Guru & Lurker-Q Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    daleron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Arkansas, USA
    Posts
    10,795
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FL Lori View Post
    I have a question out to the vender but I'm very sure I am allergic to Wta. I can't believe it. Guess I am really gonna have to white nuckle it. This little let down really has me twisted. Good night all.
    Bless your heart Lori, you've had so much trouble & yet you keep trying. Says quite a bit about you character if you ask me

    Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Hi everybody!!!
    And Dale - how did you do at the Dentist. I would rather do gyn than dentist. I hope he fixed you up all good and new.

    I have only had 4 (yes, four) cigarettes so far today. All I have been vaping is the 18% blubacco. Only 4 cigarettes.

    And my motherlode of juices was in the mail today. 15 bottles. Looks like almost 10ml of Mt Baker cafe coffee in 24% is there so I will try that tomorrow.
    I am a happy camper. Now I have to get more attys so I can start trying all these juices!
    Congratulations!!! That is fantastic

    Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Stress is the biggie. Boredom I think may come second. Anything that reminds me of when I smoke and where and with who comes third.

    I think the nurse's were glad to see me go home.
    .
    Boredom! Oh Yes!
    And I can't imagine why the nurse's would have been glad to see you go ... sounds like a good deed to me.
    You got people moving & out of the hospital faster! That's a good thing

    Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Dale, where did you find all those cute little icons? I am sure you posted the link here somewhere, but I am too lazy to look.
    How did it go at the Dentist? Hope you are all fixed up and well.
    I see Thay gave you the linky She's been having loads of fun with them

    Quote Originally Posted by alisa1970 View Post
    Oh my goodness! How adorable!!! Thank you thank you for sharing!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    Totally, totally agree! I have started reading several threads that I thought I would like, or find some useful info, or where maybe I would have something to add to the discussion, only to find out by post 4 to 6 (sometimes I make it to page 3) that I am in territory that is going to make me angry, insulted or the people posting did not have a clue and the only poster (a vet vaper) was being totally ignored or told they don't know what they are talking about. I get out fast and make a mental note to not look back.

    This is my home. I get some intelligent discussion, good information, laughs, tears, and lots of help when I most need it. And no judgement. And the ability to vent and hear others vent. As different as we all are here, we have a lot in common. And we are there for each other.
    Yes yes yes, avoid controversal threads at all cost to save your peace of mind!!!
    It is nice here isn't it

    Good morning all .... the mouth is feeling better despite all the vaping I did yesterday! We may have a winner!
    these are hilarious!

    And oh geesh ... cake?!?
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ~~~Anon



  10. #2200
    Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    loxmythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    21,192

    Default

    Lori is it possible you have an allergy to soy, palm, or coconut? That's the 3 most common oil bases used for vg.
    Or maybe because of it's bacterial inactivating properties it's "killing off" useful bacteria?
    This really sucks I hope you can sort it out.

    This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks