Like Tree154719Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Holy Cow!!! It's now -4 degrees outside with a wind chill factor of -29! I have to venture out to pick up my diabetic meds today since I'm out of them and it's only gonna be worse tomorrow.

I just looked outside and saw my neighbor. He didn't wave back, though, for some reason.

Last edited by thayamax; 01-06-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Insanity is hereditary...you get it from your kids!

2. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran

Yikes, I'm not sure it is all that much warmer here though, it's about 20 with 25 mph wind. I'm not sure that there is a huge difference in how cold it feels to us after you get below 20 though, it becomes a matter of it's too cold lol. Of course it matters greatly to things like cars and water pipes though. So far so good here where the water pipes go, hopefully that continues tonight as it dips near 0 and through the day tomorrow with a high of 23, then we begin to warm back up to something more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by thayamax View Post
    Holy Cow!!! It's now -4 degrees outside with a wind chill factor of -29! I have to venture out to pick up my diabetic meds today since I'm out of them and it's only gonna be worse tomorrow.

I just looked outside and saw my neighbor. He didn't wave back, though, for some reason.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia P View Post
    Yikes, I'm not sure it is all that much warmer here though, it's about 20 with 25 mph wind. I'm not sure that there is a huge difference in how cold it feels to us after you get below 20 though, it becomes a matter of it's too cold lol. Of course it matters greatly to things like cars and water pipes though. So far so good here where the water pipes go, hopefully that continues tonight as it dips near 0 and through the day tomorrow with a high of 23, then we begin to warm back up to something more tolerable.
    Wind chill makes a huge difference in how cold it feels. The actual temp here is -4 but with the wind chill factor it feels like -29. I just hope the car starts!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia P View Post
    I haven't made a coil yet, but I have made wicks for my Trident clone and I used one wick per coil. I'm using organic cotton and pulling off a little piece, rolling it thin and threading it through the coil carefully and then trimming the ends. When I do make some coils I will be using 28 g kanthal wire because that is what I was told to use, lol. I don't know whether I will bother to rebuild the ProTank or T3S coils because honestly I prefer dripping and the Aspires and I'm not sure at this point whether I will use the Kangers anymore or not.

Btw that same guy in the video you posted has posted a video on rebuilding Aspire BDC heads, as far as I know it's the first time anyone had rebuilt them.
    He is easy to understand so that should be helpful for you, I am glad you watched the video!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If any of you guys are getting short on vaping supplies, remember the Chinese New Year is just around the corner and supplies get to be a real PITA to get.

Vape on!!
    Last edited by lulu836; 01-06-2014 at 09:21 PM.

lumen sentit omnen
    Smoke free since 4/11/2011

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I haven't been out today but I know it was still "warm" this morning, I can tell it's getting colder now because it's too cold for the A/C to be on.

Hope you all stay warm and safe! Be careful if you have to drive!

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It's -10 actual temperature, unsure of wind.

Called and called chilss doctor office and it was normal phone menu saying that they were open. Deive the normally 10 minute drive in 30 minutes and there is a flipping hand written sign saying closed due to weather.

Girlfriends mom was rescued by fire department on snow mobiles and stayed at fire house. She called us earlier.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This will blow your minds like it did mine. Tonight we have an actual temp of 14' F with a wind chill of 0. Tomorrow it will be 19' F so they are delaying schools 2 hours. THERE IS NO SNOW OR ICE PREDICTED. They are delaying school because it is too cold.

Told you winter makes people in SC crazy!

My kids don't have school tomorrow anyway, which means same old same old for me. If it delays I'd have to be late for work and take leave because government offices have no delays, just schools. Fun times.

Anyway had a productive day at work, never got tired or sleepy. Had bookoo work to do so that might have made a difference. Tomorrow will be the true test. I'll have to attempt to go to bed on time tonight and wake up on time again, since I had such a good time today.

Hope you all stay safe and warm!!

ECF Veteran

When I left for the pharmacy and to pick up a few groceries it was -4 degrees. When I got home it was -8 degrees. Less than an hour later it's now -11. Wind chill factor is approaching -40! It was horrible! Good luck trying to stay warm in this.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thaya, my temps match what yours is approaching. .. keep your sub zero temperature north.. my entire town was shut down today. .. there are still cars/semis stuck on the interstate. Im more worried about the cars than semis.. long distance drivers are set to camp in the cab for a few days, normal cars are not lol