Like Tree154719Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, I am going out! the heater is safely placed facing my boys if they come out from under the blankets!
    we are going to walmart, if its cold there we go to the mall. luckily, I have two wheelchair pushers and the bike rack can hold the big wheelchair smaller one just fits in the trunk of the car!

off we go! took all PVs and charging cable for Itaste's I'll be back later!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Karen have fun on your outing! Still no hot water at my house, it's only 25' now and not expected to go above 30' all day so probably won't be able to shower again. My friend/neighbor/carpool partner has no water at all, so can't go to her house and take one either! The girls start school tomorrow, no word yet if it will be delayed 2 hours again like today, so that's up in the air. It's expected to be 75' Sunday, can't wait!! I want SC's weather back NOW!!

ECF Veteran

Have fun on your outing while you stay warm, Karen. We went from a low of -15 last night to a current temp of -4. Looking forward to a high of 2 degrees later on. It appears my pipes survived and the water is working. Yay!!!
    After 42 years of smoking I quit July 2, 2013

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

We did not make it. Overnight a pipe burst upstairs and water is coming thru all the pot lights in the ceiling in the kitchen and dining room and there is water everywhere. Lots and lots of water! We found the shutoff valve for the upstairs water and shut it off. We think we found where the pipe blew. It was insulated well and in the attic. We have a 9 foot pool table up there and the ceiling has water coming through underneath it. The pool table probably weighs as much as a small car, it is a fancy one. When we built the room up there we had a strong plywood double layer of subfloor laid in that room so I hope the pool table does not come through the ceiling. Not sure about the bath tub though. Oh, boy.

There is water everywhere and I do not think we can turn on the lights or anything down here or up there. Not sure. Vacuuming up water now. Waiting for a buddy of DH to get here and help figure out what to do. Think all insulation up there is soaked and has to come out now but DH does not listen to me. Hope ceiling does not come down.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran

OMG, Shari! I'm so sorry to hear about your burst pipe. I can't even imagine what it would be like to have an upstairs pipe spewing water over everything up there and then soaking into the downstairs as well. What a mess! I feel for you and hope you can get it fixed ASAP with minimal damage.
    After 42 years of smoking I quit July 2, 2013

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It is pouring through the ceiling and it has bubbled the ceiling all over and down a couple of walls.

ECF Veteran

It was hard clicking like on this. I don't know what to say other than oh no. I can't imagine how awful this is.

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    We did not make it. Overnight a pipe burst upstairs and water is coming thru all the pot lights in the ceiling in the kitchen and dining room and there is water everywhere. Lots and lots of water! We found the shutoff valve for the upstairs water and shut it off. We think we found where the pipe blew. It was insulated well and in the attic. We have a 9 foot pool table up there and the ceiling has water coming through underneath it. The pool table probably weighs as much as a small car, it is a fancy one. When we built the room up there we had a strong plywood double layer of subfloor laid in that room so I hope the pool table does not come through the ceiling. Not sure about the bath tub though. Oh, boy.

There is water everywhere and I do not think we can turn on the lights or anything down here or up there. Not sure. Vacuuming up water now. Waiting for a buddy of DH to get here and help figure out what to do. Think all insulation up there is soaked and has to come out now but DH does not listen to me. Hope ceiling does not come down.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The water finally stopped pouring down. I had to take a Zanax to calm down. DH has the shop vac going and I am waiting to follow up with towels. Got most stuff off the counters and out of water's way except for big stuff. Just looking at it makes me sick. We did not know it burst until all the water started coming down fast, at once. It was amazing, like something on TV.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Shari ~ OMG! That's awful.
    I hope your homeowners insurance covers the damage.

ECF Veteran

HUGS Shari, I can empathize to some extent from when our basement flooded and I sat in the crawl space of the house bailing water for hours, to keep it from coming in again. I literally couldn't move for days afterwards. Needless to say we have a sump pump now.

Our flood was not a tiny part of what you are going through. I wish there was something I could do.

Quote Originally Posted by ShariR View Post
    The water finally stopped pouring down. I had to take a Zanax to calm down. DH has the shop vac going and I am waiting to follow up with towels. Got most stuff off the counters and out of water's way except for big stuff. Just looking at it makes me sick. We did not know it burst until all the water started coming down fast, at once. It was amazing, like something on TV.