Like Tree154717Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Shari I only liked your posts to let you know I feel for you! I have a burst pipe too, but it's under the house and my plumber BIL is coming to repair it this afternoon. I can't imagine how frustrated you are right now!! Good luck and nice drying thoughts heading your way.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

OMG. A good friend had a microburst hit her house. Took out half her roof after shattering 3 huge skylights during torrental downpour. What a mess. Homeowners did cover it. TG you have xanax. That's what my friend did. I hope you have candles too since I wouldn't trust that electrical until it was checked. If the damage is that extensive, you might be able to have homeowners cover a couple of nights in a hotel until it can be assesed. One of the first calls should be to an adjuster. I image they might be busy after this storm.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 01-07-2014 at 08:52 PM.
    "Don't blink."

PIF FORUM MODERATOR Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

OMG Shari! I'm so sorry!!! I hope you can get it straightened and dried out soon!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning , The Devil says "Oh crap!. She's up!!."

(((Shari))) Sweet, gentle God!! I'm sorry for the damage to your house, but I'm glad to know that you and your DH did not get hurt. Sounds like a fine mess to clean up. Hopefully homeowner's will cover damages and make your home as good as new quickly.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just thought this was cute and funny...

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Shari, I am so sorry that you had that happen to you and DH. I know a few people that had pipes burst last night, no one had them burst from the second floor. It must be a big mess!
    I do hope insurance covers it and you are back to normal ASAP.
    Make sure you ask if you can go to a hotel if the electric concerns you. I would be scared too.

I had a flood here twice this year, in a mobile home that is dangerous the same way it is with the 2nd floor in your house, we could fall thru the floor if it is soft most likely since it isn't ongoing flooding like it was here, the floor will dry and be ok, the ceiling and walls will need replacing to avoid mold.

* That's MR. "Fluff" * Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

@ "Shari" Sorry to read about your troubles . . .

BUT - WHATEVER ELSE "YOU" & "DH" DO - STOP CLEANING UP . . .

Yes - Stop the water and any more damage first . . .

However - 'YOU" REALLY NEED to Take Pictures before any more "Cleaning" . . .

Even of the water coming through the ceiling if you can . . .

AND - Then of all the damage that occurres in the next couple of days until you can get the pipe fixed and the insurance people or adjuster possibly comes out . . .

Just Sayin' . . .
    Last edited by Uncle; 01-07-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    Erised, beebopnjazz, cags and 7 others like this.

People should seriously stop expecting Normal from "Me" - We all know it's not going to happen.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

BIL was under the house when I got home, had a tiny hairline crack in a pipe about 3 inches long, and it cracked the elbow. He was able to patch it back up so now I'm waiting for the glue to cure then turn on the water again and pray hard with fingers crossed.

School is delayed 2 hours tomorrow, although my boss told me "the district's website says you can drop them off early if you need to get to work" and expects me to come in on time. Not. Happening. I have a large amount of annual leave and do intend to use it. Hope I don't get in too much trouble, but what are 2 teenage girls going to do if I drop them off 3 hours before school starts? Skip for the day, that's what I would have done at their age. I don't really want to go to jail for beating them, so we'll just go in late.

Lesson for the day: if you're going to leave your water dripping, leave the hot water dripping as well as the cold. Wonder if my washing machine line is okay, it's on the other side away from the bathrooms/kitchen. In fact, no water since 3pm, wonder if they froze again? Pray pray pray.

Shari, still praying for your house to dry out and all to be well. Wishful thinking maybe but it's out there for you. Everyone stay safe and warm!!

ECF Veteran

Your a wise mom. Three hours in the life of a kid is FOREVER. That's tons of trouble waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    BIL was under the house when I got home, had a tiny hairline crack in a pipe about 3 inches long, and it cracked the elbow. He was able to patch it back up so now I'm waiting for the glue to cure then turn on the water again and pray hard with fingers crossed.

School is delayed 2 hours tomorrow, although my boss told me "the district's website says you can drop them off early if you need to get to work" and expects me to come in on time. Not. Happening. I have a large amount of annual leave and do intend to use it. Hope I don't get in too much trouble, but what are 2 teenage girls going to do if I drop them off 3 hours before school starts? Skip for the day, that's what I would have done at their age. I don't really want to go to jail for beating them, so we'll just go in late.

Lesson for the day: if you're going to leave your water dripping, leave the hot water dripping as well as the cold. Wonder if my washing machine line is okay, it's on the other side away from the bathrooms/kitchen. In fact, no water since 3pm, wonder if they froze again? Pray pray pray.

Shari, still praying for your house to dry out and all to be well. Wishful thinking maybe but it's out there for you. Everyone stay safe and warm!!
    "Don't blink."

Quote Originally Posted by Karen N Daytona View Post
    Thats great! I hope you enjoy vaping tonight! I am vaping coffee flavors tonight what are you all vaping?
    Top, so glad you're feeling better!

And (belatedly) answering the 'what are we vaping' question, I NEED to tell you folks about my amazing discovery mix. It's a mix of existing products, not a DIY 'cause I ain't that fancy yet. But for those who like some tobacco and some sweet, check this out OH GOSH IT IS SOOOOO GOOD!: 1/3 MBV "555", 1/3 Tasty Vapor "German Chocolate Cake" (is cocoa-y, not too chocolate-y), and 1/3 Tasty Vapor "Café Mocha". I cannot get OFF this mix, it is lovely-wonderful-YUMMM!
    Marla -- cigarette-free since Nov 10 2013 and LOVING VAPING! - CASAA member - newbie at 2 EGOs, 4 ITaste MVP 2.0s, 1 ITaste vv v3. Still trying to find my fave juices. Next: basic beginner dripper setup. Thanks to all here for the guidance!