Like Tree154719Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdw3258calif View Post
    Top, so glad you're feeling better!

And (belatedly) answering the 'what are we vaping' question, I NEED to tell you folks about my amazing discovery mix. It's a mix of existing products, not a DIY 'cause I ain't that fancy yet. But for those who like some tobacco and some sweet, check this out OH GOSH IT IS SOOOOO GOOD!: 1/3 MBV "555", 1/3 Tasty Vapor "German Chocolate Cake" (is cocoa-y, not too chocolate-y), and 1/3 Tasty Vapor "Café Mocha". I cannot get OFF this mix, it is lovely-wonderful-YUMMM!
    Fantastic that you found something that you love! That is half the battle!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyQuit View Post
    BIL was under the house when I got home, had a tiny hairline crack in a pipe about 3 inches long, and it cracked the elbow. He was able to patch it back up so now I'm waiting for the glue to cure then turn on the water again and pray hard with fingers crossed.

School is delayed 2 hours tomorrow, although my boss told me "the district's website says you can drop them off early if you need to get to work" and expects me to come in on time. Not. Happening. I have a large amount of annual leave and do intend to use it. Hope I don't get in too much trouble, but what are 2 teenage girls going to do if I drop them off 3 hours before school starts? Skip for the day, that's what I would have done at their age. I don't really want to go to jail for beating them, so we'll just go in late.

Lesson for the day: if you're going to leave your water dripping, leave the hot water dripping as well as the cold. Wonder if my washing machine line is okay, it's on the other side away from the bathrooms/kitchen. In fact, no water since 3pm, wonder if they froze again? Pray pray pray.

Shari, still praying for your house to dry out and all to be well. Wishful thinking maybe but it's out there for you. Everyone stay safe and warm!!
    You are right to wait and take them in, when kids are idle, they tend to get in all sorts of trouble. I hope the laundry pipes are ok!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well the verdict is in, the hot water was running to all the sinks but not the tub. Apparently it thawed because it started running after about 15 minutes, yippee! So out with a flashlight to look/listen, no drips or spews. Took a lovely shower, oh how I missed being clean! Cut DD2's bangs so she can see tomorrow, now to wrestle her into bed will be a large battle. The laundry is all caught up so I'm not touching it, hopefully all is fine there, but I will wait for the warmer temps to come this weekend before I attempt using the washer.

Currently it's 21' and getting down to 18' tonight, yuck! Tomorrow's high is 36'. Come back 70's! Brrrrrrr. I feel like such a worm for complaining when some of you have sub-zero temps right now, I'm sorry and I'll shut up now. Going to hog tie a 5 year old. Might come back later for insomnia time if necessary. If not have a wonderful night and I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

ECF Veteran

he-he, I never fill up my tank with the same thing again. I love those flavor surprises. I've got a banana monkey ready to top off my peach tea once it's down a little more (usually 2/3rds new and 1/3 old). I love them both but can't imagine them together. I feel like I'm living DANGEROUSLY.

Quote Originally Posted by mdw3258calif View Post
    Top, so glad you're feeling better!

And (belatedly) answering the 'what are we vaping' question, I NEED to tell you folks about my amazing discovery mix. It's a mix of existing products, not a DIY 'cause I ain't that fancy yet. But for those who like some tobacco and some sweet, check this out OH GOSH IT IS SOOOOO GOOD!: 1/3 MBV "555", 1/3 Tasty Vapor "German Chocolate Cake" (is cocoa-y, not too chocolate-y), and 1/3 Tasty Vapor "Café Mocha". I cannot get OFF this mix, it is lovely-wonderful-YUMMM!
    Last edited by aikanae1; 01-08-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    "Don't blink."

Yep and I have a confession -- that fave mix, I keep an IClear30 full of it, have 4 devices charged and ready at any given time (unless I screw up and they all die at once, at which point I haul in backup EVOD-clone device #5). I just find that coffee-tobacco-german chocolate cake mix is the one tank that I hit and keep having to refill the most often.

Oh, to the confession part -- I have 3 more MVP v2.0's ordered. SO BAD. On credit cards and with a boss so grumpy that I never know whether I'm employed the next day or not ... and I'm the operations manager. It's kinda LIVING DANGEROUSLY!

EDITED: for being a JERK! -- omg I've been reading to catch up on this thread for hours and hearing all the low-temperature fearful stories and I stupidly FORGOT to say anything about that in this post.

I'm in NC and have had crazy cold for here, but no bad effects on my house (lucky), and my heart goes out to those of you in the areas that are experiencing serious disasters. My work is shipping family pets to overseas destinations, so I work with airports all over the country and stay on top of the weather conditions because sometimes my clients' pets' flights are canceled, and we need to deal with dogs and/or cats stranded at an airport somewhere, and need to make safe arrangements.
    Last edited by mdw3258calif; 01-08-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    Marla -- cigarette-free since Nov 10 2013 and LOVING VAPING! - CASAA member - newbie at 2 EGOs, 4 ITaste MVP 2.0s, 1 ITaste vv v3. Still trying to find my fave juices. Next: basic beginner dripper setup. Thanks to all here for the guidance!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Oh no, FQ. It got you too? That sucks. Glad you caught yours and house is ok. I would wait on laundry. The local news said danger is still there even with temps warming up for a bit. I guess that can cause a problem too.

Pipe is fixed but looks like we may have more damage than I thought. Part of living room carpet is soaked to the bone and water buckling the paint/wallboard in our third bedroom and walls. Got out lots of insulation some carpet wet upstairs too. Will take a better look tomorrow. DH still has not decided on if he calls insurance co. yet. He is not in a talking mood. Will not leave house. So we will sit tight.

Kitchen lights do not work. Some kind of a box thingy upstairs threw a spark. Microwave and other lights work. Refrigerator works. Poked a couple of holes in kitchen ceiling to let water drain. What a mess.
    Last edited by ShariR; 01-08-2014 at 02:23 AM.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm always amazed at how much damage water can do. when my house flooded though we couldn't see water anywhere and it took weeks to finally be apparent, it damaged the floors, walls and kitchen cabinets, I had no insurance, so all we could do was let it dry, replace the water heater and hope the floors don't collapse, they are a little warped now. When the washer was leaking, it took longer to notice, when my friend came to clean, I told him to clean behind the machines, that's when we found the leak. IT could have been like that for the entire time I was living here!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

There is more damage than we thought. I do not know what DH is going to decide. He has contractor type friend coming over in the morning to take a look. We are going down to 12 degrees tonight too. Gonna be a long night. He is pooped and sleeping. I can not sleep, keep going upstairs to check for water.

PV Master ECF Veteran alisa1970's Avatar

Dang!! I've been reading throughout the day, and I have to say that I feel TERRIBLE for you folks socked in by the "Arctic Vortex". Where I am, we aren't experiencing any of it, and I'm thankful!

I hope that whatever damages any/all of you experience will be fixed without too much financial hardship, and that you can have your homes and heat back soon!

I have been having a rough week myself, although not due to weather. Just got my cortisol tests back, and....now I need more bloodwork done. Crazy, off-the-charts high cortisol all the time, which means my body is in hyper flight-or-fight mode 24/7 (even when I'm sleeping). Doc wants to make sure I don't have anything like an adrenal tumor or something. Depending on my 24-hour blood test I have to take, I might be getting a referral to an endocrinologist.

Good Lord. I actually wanted a smoke this evening, but pulled out some Kringle's Curse and am vaping away now.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hey Alisa. Good you are getting more bloodwork to narrow down what is going on. Keep vaping and try to stay calm. Easy to say, I know. It is good your doctor keeps good followup with you. Some do not bother. You will get this figured out.