Like Tree154717Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

PV Master Verified Member Claudia P's Avatar

How are things going today with the house Shari?

PV Master Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karen N Daytona View Post
    finally got my Provari! yeah!
    Congratulations!! Siss. Boom. Bah!!! Yeah Rah Rah!!!

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jessermay View Post
    Hi!!! I'm still alive! It was getting so hard for me to keep up with you all & I've taken a little break from internet in general. I miss you all ! I'm gonna try & stop in more often. I'm catching up on a couple pages in here. How is everyone doing?
    Good to see you Jesser! (Translated that could also read: About dang time you checked in young lady!)

ECF Veteran

I also want to point out, I have never had a problem here on ECF or on Facebook, ever. She trolled to get business for herself, plain and simple. I truly had nothing to gain.

I am not that type of Drama Queen. I prefer to live my life peacefully, I have fun here in this group and simply was trying to help someone out in that group. My statements prior to all of this were obviously my experience. You simply don't know me well enough, yet.
    Karen, no need to defend yourself here -- we all know what a sweetie you are.

ECF Veteran

Alright ... work for work is done (check!), shopping is done (check!), genetics homework is done (well, most of it anyway!), housework is ... not even close to being done.

Shari ... what is the final verdict on the house damage? I'm hoping it's not as bad as what you were thinking.

ECF Veteran

I'm going to step in because I want you to understand what is happening. What was her first line? You are a liar. What do you think anyone's reaction would be to that? Right. She wanted a fight. That is called a troll. You say ANYTHING at all and you feed them - give them fuel - a can of redbull on steroids. She got what she wanted. The true test is that it's hard to even agree with them.

If you ignore them as if they didn't exist, never said anything, that line is blank and guess what? They will reappear in another conversation saying something just as offensive about someone else. They will keep doing that until they get "fed". And someone always will feed them eventually - if the forum mods are wise (most have seen this a trillion times) the troll gets tossed off or shut down in some way.

It has nothing to do with what you said. It has nothing to do with you. The more gullible, helpful, sincere, honest and innocent you are, the more likely you are to fall for it. It happens to everyone eventually. And then you learn "DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS".

When you get really good at ignoring them, then you can get snarky about not taking the bait. Yeah, she's one of 15,000 or 20,000 eliquid makers right now. So what?

There's always a sad side. I went to her private page and there was a long tirade about how her family wants nothing to do with her this Christmas, lonely, new company woes, so broke and how everyone else can afford this or that ... on and on. You will run into a troll again and when you do, keep in mind this is all they got.

Luv ya.

I guess it is all an individual's perspective, as I said, I don't pick and choose words that carefully. I have enough trouble not having typos. I guess I will retire from helping people if that is what it takes, I don't need anybody else to aggravate me. I get enough of that at home.

It isn't worth the trouble.

I'll stick to having fun with my friends. if we talk vaping in the future, anything I say is in my experience
    Last edited by aikanae1; 01-09-2014 at 12:51 AM.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    I'm going to step in because I want you to understand what is happening. What was her first line? You are a liar. What do you think anyone's reaction would be to that? Right. She wanted a fight. That is called a troll. You say ANYTHING at all and you feed them - give them fuel - a can of redbull on steroids. She got what she wanted. The true test is that it's hard to even agree with them.

If you ignore them as if they didn't exist, never said anything, that line is blank and guess what? They will reappear in another conversation saying something just as offensive about someone else. They will keep doing that until they get "fed". And someone always will feed them eventually - if the forum mods are wise (most have seen this a trillion times) the troll gets tossed off or shut down in some way.

It has nothing to do with what you said. It has nothing to do with you. The more gullible, helpful, sincere, honest and innocent you are, the more likely you are to fall for it. It happens to everyone eventually. And then you learn "DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS".

When you get really good at ignoring them, then you can get snarky about not taking the bait. Yeah, she's one of 15,000 or 20,000 eliquid makers right now. So what?

There's always a sad side. I went to her private page and there was a long tirade about how her family wants nothing to do with her this Christmas, lonely, new company woes, so broke and how everyone else can afford this or that ... on and on. You will run into a troll again and when you do, keep in mind this is all they got.

Luv ya.

I luv you too! I know you want was best for me

by the way its a no wonder her family won't have anything to do with her
    Last edited by Karen N Daytona; 01-09-2014 at 01:05 AM.

ECF Veteran

finally got my Provari! yeah!
    ummm, where's the pics?

"Don't blink."

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi all. And welcome back Jessermay! Glad you found a little time to post. It is feast or famine this time of year for a lot of people.

House update. Filed insurance claim over phone. Your local agent does not do that stuff anymore. They take your money and give you phone numbers to call. I am old. When I pay lots of money for a local insurance agent who I have to listen to his sales pitches and request every year to check for new discounts, etc. I expect this little thing called 'service.' I am living in the wrong decade. Our ins is with a major insurer and their Nat'l claims office (person in cubicle making $9 an hour) says over a million claims filed in past 2 days. We will hear from 'someone' in 3 to 5 days, take pictures of everything, do whatever we have to to mitigate damage, yada, yada, yada.

Almost all of the damage is structural: hardwood floors, walls, ceilings, carpet, attic floor, soaked insulation, electrical (now dried out and working so don't know about that one). The 10 foot display unit and other wall of book cabinets have water but do not look destroyed. The hardwood may get by with refinishing, but I bet it buckles in a month or so. It was under water for hours. Same with carpet in parts of two rooms. I have never gone through this so I do not know what the process details are.

We are warm, safe and dry and in the house. If I dry everything as I need to, a lot of the damage will not be readily visible at a glance. Hard to get some of the stuff on camera. How do you tell if insulation is wet or dry? Hardwood has finish off, before it buckles, etc. Bubbled paint and ceilings and holes are obvious. Can't photograph a smell of wet, musty and future mold. Yuk. Not sure what to do. Bet it is a week before they come out here. What about wet electrical that did not work and we have been able to dry out and now works? Do not know if it is safe. PITA. So we wait.

Other than that we are good. Agravated, but good.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

ECF Veteran

I luv you too! I know you want was best for me

by the way its a no wonder her family won't have anything to do with her
    Yea, that says a lot. I think there's something in the background for all the trolls out there. This is what makes them feel alive I guess. It's sad.

BTW I got around to trying WholeCig's American Net and WHOA! It is stellar. I'm not a tobacco vaper, but it is really very good. The other upside is NO COUGHING. It is a very, very comfortable vape. I'm in luv.

I haven't said anything but I've been battling resperatory distress again. I'm pissed. No one's looking for answers. They think it's fine to be in the er every night for 9-12 hours I guess. I'm kinda beyond words at the moment.

My insurance had a block on me getting a mammogram for the last 5 years. Explain that. Chances are there's a block against asthma too. That's the only reason I can think of for it to suddenly disappear after 50+ years. I'm livid.
    "Don't blink."