Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 4
Page 4 of 2340 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilong1717 View Post
    I'll be honest and tell you that unfortunately, these last 3 or 4 days I have smoked more than I vaped. Going through some extremely stressful things with my 6 year old who is in kindergarten. So yes, I most definitely am a stress smoker...not proud of it but it does make me feel grounded and less stressed temporarily.
    Yeah I did too. I had some WTA in an eroll but once I vaped it dry it was easier and quicker to grab cigs than go home and grab more WTA. I've since filled a G6 tank so hopefully I'm ready next time.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Stress has to get pretty high for me to really want one. I am more of a food smoker. Eating, especially if I am driving afterwards, makes me really crave a smoke. Then there are the odd occasions that get me. Sure, I worked smoking out of most of my daily routines, but when certain ones pop up, such as grilling or working on a big project, I am digging for a pack.

Salky
    lisancentraltx, morri and daleron like this.

Sorry, clicking the banner will do nothing, per ECF rules!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post
    Yeah I did too. I had some WTA in an eroll but once I vaped it dry it was easier and quicker to grab cigs than go home and grab more WTA. I've since filled a G6 tank so hopefully I'm ready next time.
    lox, did it work while you had it?
    lisancentraltx likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

lisancentraltx likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am totally a stress smoker. When I start getting rattled I can't think, get frustrated and a cig will help me focus again. I have to have plenty of vaping supplies ready to go. Does the WTA help?

I haven't found my juice yet. I've got lots of good tasting ones but nothing that is able to replace cigs and that's been discouraging. My Freedom Smokes offers a sampler of all their tobacco flavors and I may be trying that next. I feel a little nutty because I've talked 2 other smokers into trying e-cigs and I'm afraid they are going to find out that I haven't quit yet.

PS - I always figured that "reformed smokers" become so militant after they stop because the cravings never completely go away. Light one up near them, or the smell of smoke and they want to smoke also. I quit for a year once and I couldn't be around anyone or anything that reminded me of smoking or I'd start smoking again.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 04-20-2013 at 03:17 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by skydragon View Post
    Yes it did - until it went dry I was fine. I've found you have to take small hits and hold them a bit.
    Now today I forgot my eroll and was out on jobs so I got some general Swedish Snus and it worked too. I went all afternoon at work no cravings.
    WTA IMO is what we're missing.

Ultra Member Verified Member

Thank You for this thread! I was beginning to think I was the only person who didn't quit the analogs instantly after starting vaping. I have been vaping for about a month now and I am totally in love, I love the flavors, I love my device, I love that I have been able to cut down on smoking cigs, but I feel so guilty some days that I am still smoking regular cigs. I usually only have 1-2 on my drive into work then vape the rest of the day, but some days are worse than others and I will have a couple throughout the day but I usually never have more than 5 cigs in a day. That is a huge cut back for me and I am so proud that I have cut back that far, and I really do enjoy vaping. Although I have found that I am a chain vaper, am I doing something wrong? I am still trying different nic levels to get to a point that works best.

Thank you again for this post and letting me know I am not alone!

Good Luck to all of you trying to give up the analogs for good, hopefully we can all get there!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Your not alone and your not doing anything wrong
    I've found that chain vaping is the only way it works for me. I constantly have my pv in my hand. If I go more than an hour without vaping I need a real cigarette.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dreaswi's Avatar

This could be a long post by me. I'm at roughly 1ppd right now. I was 2ppd when I seriously started vaping about a month ago. I've been smoking for about 22 years. The stress I put on myself about quitting is enough to make anyone start smoking. It almost brings me to tears in how I can't just give them up. What makes matters worse is my hubby is a 1/2 ppd and thinks he is helping me quit by griping at me every time I light up, which only makes me feel worse about it. It's like I have to defend each cigarette I light. That causes me to smoke more during the day when he is not home, so I don't feel like I'm being scolded like a toddler.
    I'm a stress smoker, boredom smoker, habit smoker (talk on phone, driving). I would throw a party of I could get down to 5-6 a day. I have juice I like and have tried USA snus that I like as well but hubby looked up snus and pooped on the idea of me doing that.
    So that is my story in a nut shell. I will keep coming back here to hear from everyone else.
    It only takes one person to start a revolution.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaswi View Post
    This could be a long post by me. I'm at roughly 1ppd right now. I was 2ppd when I seriously started vaping about a month ago. I've been smoking for about 22 years. The stress I put on myself about quitting is enough to make anyone start smoking. It almost brings me to tears in how I can't just give them up. What makes matters worse is my hubby is a 1/2 ppd and thinks he is helping me quit by griping at me every time I light up, which only makes me feel worse about it. It's like I have to defend each cigarette I light. That causes me to smoke more during the day when he is not home, so I don't feel like I'm being scolded like a toddler.
    I'm a stress smoker, boredom smoker, habit smoker (talk on phone, driving). I would throw a party of I could get down to 5-6 a day. I have juice I like and have tried USA snus that I like as well but hubby looked up snus and pooped on the idea of me doing that.
    So that is my story in a nut shell. I will keep coming back here to hear from everyone else.
    It only takes one person to start a revolution.
    You have cut 20 cigs per day out of your life in one months time...that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Way to Go!!