Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread. - Page 5
Page 5 of 2340 FirstFirst 12345678915551055051005 ... LastLast
Like Tree154720Likes

Thread: Yes I still Smoke Cigarettes and I am addicted to the smoking habit - support and chat thread.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilong1717 View Post
    You have cut 20 cigs per day out of your life in one months time...that is a HUGE accomplishment!!! Way to Go!!
    Indeed it is Dreaswi although I'll keep trying I'm ok with cutting down 2 1/2 ppd to 1/2 pack. I never thought I'd get even that far before I found vaping. Stop counting the ones you smoke and count the ones you don't your doing great

I've recently found Swedish Snus - very different than us stuff. It's sold in convenience stores here brand name is general. I'd be happy to send you a can if you want to try it. I've found that when I'm at work on a job I get no cravings at all while I'm using it. Takes a bit to get used to - its kind of strong - but it really does seem to help.
    Keep trying and know your not alone we're behind you all the way
    lisancentraltx and FL Lori like this.

This signature has been deleted by Loxmythe Reason: He's just mean

Senior Member ECF Veteran Dreaswi's Avatar

The funniest part of the story is I work for an e-cig store here in Nashville. Lol

It only takes one person to start a revolution.
    lisancentraltx and Cnew like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jessermay View Post
    Although I have found that I am a chain vaper, am I doing something wrong? I am still trying different nic levels to get to a point that works best.
    I chain vape, I only put it down because the atty needs to cool off. well, I don't vape when showering, sleeping, eating or working around the house, but otherwise...........
    1. drink more water and get backups for your backups!
    2. careful! vaping may turn you into a shopaholic and hoarder!

Full Member ECF Veteran justagirl's Avatar

So glad to have found this thread. I am on 4 cigs per day... USUALLY. Yesterday I smoked 8 real cigs (bad day). I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this. I have set an actual quit date but, for now I am happy that I have gone from 25 cigs per day to an average 4. Being around smokers... well, I usually cave. Still haven't given up the morning cig. Stress at work... well that's how I ended up smoking so much yesterday. I will definitely follow this thread. jag

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post
    So is anyone else a stress smoker? I was on a job all morning and I was fine vaping. Once I got aggravated I had to light up.
    Yup, that's me. Lately it's been a lot. Some days are better than others.
    Vaping 2/24/11**AltCig Raspberry Shortbread Cookie**Ego Twist's, Mini's, Vmod 2.0, VAMO, eRoll
    GRACE is GOD reaching down to man...FAITH is man reaching up http://casaa.org/

Quote Originally Posted by justagirl View Post
    So glad to have found this thread. I am on 4 cigs per day... USUALLY. Yesterday I smoked 8 real cigs (bad day). I am glad to hear that I am not alone in this. I have set an actual quit date but, for now I am happy that I have gone from 25 cigs per day to an average 4. Being around smokers... well, I usually cave. Still haven't given up the morning cig. Stress at work... well that's how I ended up smoking so much yesterday. I will definitely follow this thread. jag
    For many of us the day comes when you will not be able to tolerate the taste of cigarettes and you'll throw it away as you gag. I believe the more stress you put on yourself to quit completely the worse it is. Go with the flow and enjoy the many flavored ejuices you find. There is really no comparison for taste between cigarettes and ecigs once you find a few flavors you like. For me there is no such thing as an all day vape, I have several flavors I enjoy throughout the day.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm glad this thread was created. Roaming around on these forums, I was beginning to think that I was the only one who couldn't instantly quit and make the switch. I'm glad I'm not alone.

Having tried every system, method, and prescription known to man and doctors with no success, my doctor mentioned vaping to me. I did some research here, so I was able to avoid the kiosk junk. I bought a Riva and some juice. I knew that this was going to do the trick. Then, along the way, I learned that I am a serial procrastinator and maker of excuses. I set out on juice quest, thinking each new one would be "the one". For each new excuse I made up, there seemed to be a mod or system that might "fix it". I disovered vv and tanks and many many other things to buy and try. All were improvements, but I was still smoking.

I have managed to cut back significantly, but that last half a pad is still there.

Full Member Verified Member crshsnwmn's Avatar

Ran into the trifecta today - very stressful day at work, ran out of aroma p38, and the coil in my evod with 36 mg juice crapped out. I was left with an assortment of somewhat weak (12 - 24 mg) juices which, while everyone tells me they smell great, I can't taste and can rarely smell.
    I had made it 11 1/2 days without cigs, have been vaping for a little over a month - mostly while continuing to smoke less than a quarter of my usual pad.
    Broke down and bummed a cig - didn't taste bad, didn't smell bad and the truth is I have missed them - vaping just isn't the same.
    Not giving up on vaping yet, but think I'm going back to doing both for a while.

Ultra Member Verified Member

I am on 24 hours now without a cigarette, this is the longest I have gone since I have started vaping a month ago. I honestly just ran out of stinky's and didn't have time to stop this morning for a new pack. I have had a hard time giving up that 1-2 on my drive to work in the morning. So I just went with my higher mg nic juice this morning a surprisingly I was okay, and I have been okay throughout the day today. Now I know the day is far from over but I am taking this small victory of 24 hours and gonna be proud of myself. I still have a long way to go but I figure celebrate the small steps will help me get to the bigger steps. Good Luck to all of you out there stay strong and keep vaping!
    lisancentraltx, cags, Cnew and 7 others like this.

PIF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I picked up some of the Aroma unflavored WTA DIY liquid a while back, 18 mg/ml. I'm a pure vaper, just nic does the job for me, but the WTA does have an interesting effect.

Anyhow, this stuff you either mix into eliquid at about 25%, else try dripping on an atty, about 3 drops, then a couple of deep puffs.

I have two 1.5ml samples of this, if anyone who still smokes a bit would like to try it at a craving point, to see if it helps. It does contain some PG, so if you're a 0PG person it isn't for you.

Lox nailed it on his first post -- count the ones you don't smoke
    Pay It Forward Learn to laugh at yourself -- why let everyone else have all the fun :)
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/